Shortage of Ony Heads

The world buff meta is not only Onyxia head. It’s unhealthy because it reinforces a raid log mentality.

2 Likes

Youre gonna raid log whether theres world buffs or not. Its the lack of things to do otherwise that is the problem, not raid logging itself

Leave the honor system untouched? They’ve changed how people approach PVP half a dozen times already, I put nothing past catering to people on this forum.

Translation:
OMFG i can’t believe i wrote that!
WTH was i thinking?
:rofl:

Unbelievable how much in denial some people are. There is a 6 hour CD intentionally put into the game, but we cant be sure of the original intention of that CD??? I’ll it isnt putting words into anyone’s mouth to deduce that the intent behind a 6 hour CD is that the buff not be available for 6 hours. If you then figure out some obscure workaround to negate that CD that involves cross faction collision, well you’re exploiting. Blizz has said they dont really care, so i guess exploit on. But to call the current scenario as natural gameplay is just a bunch of people in denial. To say that Anybody prior to late AQ was collecting world buffs and stacking them to the degree that is commonplace now IS a lie. This perversion of the game occurred on private servers and Blizzard hasn’t mustered up the courage to set things right. This is the reality of things, so quit kidding yourselves.

I get that some people like it, its hard to dislike something that makes you 50-70% stronger in raid then you should be. It doesn’t however, change the facts.

6 Likes

Those asking for the CD to be removed, it’s apart of the game and is one of the only factors to bring large guilds together.

If world buffs matter that much to you, collect them the night before work, don’t complain because a head was dropped while you weren’t online. Organise better.

Can you stop changing things? If i wanted all these changes i’d play retail.

Thanks.

1 Like

Not so much that but more like that it was not really the intention and it was known back then, but not done to problematic extents
So they will keep an eye on it and how it is effecting the game and make a judgement call on it later if needed.

Can you stop exploiting every flaw or loophole to proportions never ever seen in vanilla so they dont have to keep fixing things that were not a big enough issue to bother fixing back then?

Honest answer please

3 Likes

They were talking about the collusion.

I highly doubt Blizzard is against min/maxing. Also, stacking world buffs is not an exploit just because it wasnt as widespread back then. People keep throwing that word around.

Yes, i know, that is what i was referring to

1. “Players” are not paying the opposite faction to kill the NPC in an overwhelming amount of circumstances, it’s players with multiple accounts

2. “find themselves in conflict with their own faction-mates” will happen much more regularly since people will turn the items in early to grief other guilds on the same faction.

Leave it alone. The fact that you had the ignorance to say

just shows how out of touch you are with the old vanilla community and the current classic wow community. Because it WAS a regular thing on a few of the more populated servers that had a lot of raiding guilds stacked on one faction, like Blackrock or Tichondrius.

3 Likes

lmaoooo just remove the cd on world buffs then???

seriously how out of touch can blizzard be? grow up

0 reason to have cooldowns on world buffs in 2020

2 Likes

This, as you note, was done in Vanilla, and it hurts no one. There is nothing more frustrating when trying to get your raid group the Onyxia buff, to have someone drop it out of the blue.

Resetting it has no ill effect at all. #no changes!!!

Why exactly can’t you get a buff? Al you need to do is reset the cooldown.

That’s your issue lol

No one levelled a priest on a different account just to reset ony, dude. They’re just paying one that already exists.

By the way - you are absolutely correct; there are a number of folks in our guild who are leveling priests on the Horde side specifically for the purpose of resetting the head buff timer. We have run into too many situations where we have been griefed by our own faction for buff timing. Folks deliberately drop the head buff and lock us out for the timing of our pre-raid required buffs, forcing us to do stupid crap like getting up at 2:30 am to drop a head to make sure we lock the timer in. The ability to turn in Nef heads has alleviated this somewhat, but the issue is still there.

It only gets worse with Darkmoon Faire. DM North -> Darkmoon Faire -> Felwood for songflower -> Stormwind for head buff then log off and not be able to play your main until raid. Because THAT is just so fun.

Just have all the world buffs removed when you zone into a raid. Please. I’ll use my mainspec roll on this one.

Oh yeah- if you’re particularly generous and want to do us a solid favor, remove the damned buff caps and debuff caps. Gear enchants take buff slots? Our tank getting his flask buff knocked off because he got a renew? Seriously? :frowning:

Uh - yeah, many of us are.

its not just griefing, but people who are plain ignorant. on stalagg we had a schedule with other raiding guilds but for half of the head buffs some random idiot would turn in the head 25-30 min before the scheduled time because “i wanted the BiS necklace”. dude just wait until the buff goes out then you can turn it in without screwing up the reset.

The 1.12 honor system creates way more hostility within a faction than resetting Ony/Nef head ever will. Ask the people who got the first Rank 14s what their experience was setting up and maintaining brackets across their entire server for months. Ask them what their opinion is about people who break the pre-specified bracket caps and force everyone to grind more honor that week

This is all emergent gameplay that comes with the mechanics that are confirmed to have existed in the original game, and we should appreciate how immersive the server communities become because of it