Sharing accounts needs better terms of use

I don’t doubt what you may have been told, Twyll, but generally speaking it feels like an unlikely scenario. Someone jumping on a character to test out a class for PvP is unlikely to result in that kind of action. Unless by “testing” they are actually spending a good deal of time on that character and possibly “testing” the ranking system to boost their cousin.

That kind of behavior is what usually results in a 6 month suspension. Not usually a quick “oh I want to check this out” scenario.

No, things absolutely can change, in areas that make sense. Adding weird stipulations to who can access the account, for how long and what conditions, seems like it would lend itself to confusing what may or may not be allowed. We want to keep policies simple, so they are easily understood.

Only the registered user on the account may access the account. The only exception is that the registered user may allow a minor child, that they are the parent or legal guardian, access.

It really is best for General Discussion as you are requesting a change to game policy, which is entirely in the hands of the Game Development Team.

Given the back and forth so far, it would probably best to create a new thread. I’m going to lock this one up. Good luck.

16 Likes