Sharding after latest server restart?

If you look at this chat he’s going between Durotar and the Barrens. I doubt that’s a coincidence that switching zones is the same time this mob is fading away.

3 Likes

Phasing doesn’t do that. You’re thinking of sharding and if that’s the case he should still report it as a bug because it should not be happening.

Lol, yep :stuck_out_tongue:

I could deal with layering for a short while from what I understand of it. Sharding on the other hand? If that is in the game I just won’t be playing and won’t any longer be disappointed if I make it into beta or not.

3 Likes

lets hope this is just a bug and NOT in any way what the final product will act like.

Well you can rest easy because they’ve said clearly that they’re not using sharding.

Sh!t happens in betas. Don’t let it stress you out. That’s why we have betas, so it can be fixed.

This is what happens guys, We need to shape the game around Streamers and Influencers.

Gotta love it.

I never said it was phasing. It looks like sharding to me.

You replied to a post where I was talking about phasing, so I assumed you were saying phasing.

that guy posted above about the croc being a thing on a pserver though.

I sure hope so Krack.

And to Leiloni: I’m not stressed about it, just very disappointed to see that and really, really hoping it’s a bug and will not be in the game when it launches.

If it is, Shibah riots.

1 Like

Heh, well I think yours was just the last post in the thread at the time and I hit reply there instead of the general reply to the thread.

Maybe it’s just an isolated incident and a bug. We’ll find out.

The chances of it being a bug right now, week 1 of beta, are super high. Don’t worry.

I will be right there with you Shibah. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I think it’s alot of what I said above, we will probably see a lot more with the first stress test.

I see your point, but I suppose my concern is that I assumed the beta would have the layering system to test out how it works and to make sure it works properly. It’s concerning to see sharding happening.

I hope you are right though.

2 Likes

i doubt its sharding though, I dont think there is enough people to force the Theramore guy into a shard.

Phasing as a term is often used to describe the transition between “instances”.

1 Like

They don’t though. If you afk near an aggressive mobs respawn point, they just sit there for a second or two before aggroing to you.

I think that’s exactly what this is, though. They probably are going to or are already testing layering. But there will be wrinkles in the process.