Shame on Icy Veins (LFG addon promotion)

And yet you say it didn’t exist. smh

Oh yes, the false narrative about retail.

Buddy, the grouping system that was given to us also had CROSS-REALM.

Far fewer than are likely to use this one, so the impact it had on the community might actually be greater - hence why Blizzard might look into it.

Well BFA -----------------> is that way if you want LFG

No such BS addons should be allowed in Classic

who cares? lfg addon is fine by me you are whining about nothing.

It’s just a more advanced /who

1 Like

Yep, auto teleport to dungeon, cross realm, rewards for using it, but this is totally the same thing.

more like you are just dense. I see your point. I think your point belongs in retail. You refuse to see my point. Agree to disagree /bye

You probably shouldn’t be saying this when you still haven’t admitted you were wrong.

If it was there in Vanilla, even if it wasn’t commonly used, I don’t think we’re going to see them to anything about it.

I really hope it doesn’t negatively impact the social aspect of the game, which I feel like it is going to do.

The difficulty in getting groups was always part of why I made friends with others. that I otherwise wouldn’t have.

yep, that also affected it. Along with LFG

You still seem to be confusing LFD/LFR with the Group Finder tool.

You really should understand the difference before you talk about how one or the other impacts the community.

2 Likes

Yep…its risky, not worth it.

Again, I know the difference. You have a problem seeing through only one lens however. Stop talking to me as you are just like a puppy sniffing my butt for the last couple days.

Ive yet to see you prove that.

2 Likes

LUL

so lets put a stop to all communications better to assist guildies yes?? lawl

This is a moot point.

Show a basic understanding of what people are talking about and maybe you won’t get talked down to.

You still don’t seem to grasp that all this add on is doing is parsing and send chat messages. Any groups or information it provides is available to everyone regardless of whether they are themselves using the add on or not. Hence no one is being excluded from or missing anything.

3 Likes

Man… this upsets and scares me! This and Gear Score addons can ruin the experience harder than anything else I can think of. The wow classic team is going to have to fight off addons like we do viruses on windows.

Absolutely… Its so scary we should just get rid of all chat channels.

1 Like

Any addon that replaces or negates player interaction and/or communication should be heavily considered by Blizzard.

If the addon is deemed to be against the spirit of Classic, then break it.

This addon feels potentially detrimental to commmuntiy engagement despite making groups for faster.

2 Likes

Here are my two cents. It clearly cannot teleport anyone anywhere, work across realms, make reputation on the realm irrelevant, or exclude people that don’t have it installed from participating in the human LFG process. However, the following are potential problems.

The addon communicating in secret with other instances of itself would be unfair. If they find any way to make this happen, it would give an unfair advantage to one of two hypothetical players logging on at the same time. Presumably the one with the addon installed could instantly get a fresh list of currently forming groups sent to it by another random player that has been logged in for a while via some sort of peer-to-peer mechanism.

Players of low-demand classes with the addon installed would have an advantage over those without it. The whole point of the addon is to automate communication about groups, including asking for an invite. Naturally, this would make it much easier for a rogue with the addon to beat out a rogue without it for a spot in a group on average.

It could spam people or advertise itself. People using the addon already wouldn’t notice, but those manually monitoring chat channels would probably quickly get annoyed by the addon saying something in LFG like “LF2M DPS SM Cath - Brought to you by Icy Veins!” Even Retail’s manual LFG system limits a player to asking for invites to up to five groups. Since this thing’s just sending tells, it could (presumably) ask to an invite to thirty-seven different groups in the same five seconds.