Shame on Icy Veins (LFG addon promotion)

although they do not teleport, or autoinvite, they are the same in function. They take away from the community. it AUTO spams chat every min. It is geared for the min/max BFA crowd. The reason many of us are here is to get away from that.

I didn’t misrepresent anything.

Right so you continue to simply not understand the fundamentals of how the add on works.

1 Like

hehe, until exhaustion at least lol.

1 Like

I don’t hate addons. That’s a silly assumption and you’re coming off pretty heated about a topic that shouldn’t matter that much to you. But I’ll indulge you for a second. The truth is you actually don’t know what Blizzard will do. They could allow the add-on at launch of Classic and if it is disruptive, it will be removed. Regardless I’d be surprised if Blizzard didn’t have a comment about this before launch.

As for the spamming chat channel, yeah people did that. You wanna know what else happened? People got tired of doing that and started looking for active larger communities to join and organize runs. People that refused to join up with others were the ones that often found themselves left out of higher tier content.

1 Like

Yes you did. You deliberately changed what I said to make it suit your argument.

Theyre not even remotely the same thing.

2 Likes

My understanding is that it uses chat to work, meaning, it does /join world and then posts in /world chat in a easy to understand way (LFM Deadmines - Need 1xTank 1xHealer 2xDPS) and that anyone responding, even without the addon, can still join, and if someone without the addon types “LFG DM PST”, the addon will “add” them to it as it can’t tell if someone is using the addon or not and if you wanted to join, clicking “apply” simply sends a whisper that is generic and says “I would like to join your group for DM.”

I mean, it doesn’t seem to be some exclusive addon, especially since you do not need it to benefit from it, it looks like it scans chat for specific strings of text (LFM, LFG, Looking for Group, etc) and just parses that information into a easily viewable list.

1 Like

You are talking function. I am talking community. Both versions take away from community.

I think you saw someone say its bad for the community and automatically hopped on that bandwagon… Cause you have no idea what you’re talking about if you’re saying they’re remotely in comparison in any way.

1 Like

We can only hope

Jesus, I don’t remember this at all.

It doesn’t say how many downloads it had. I’m curious how many people actually used it.

yep, so no interaction is needed. Everyone will be borg sitting in stormwind waiting for group to fill. Just like retail.

im pretty reticent to break addons but this one should definitely be broken, along with gearscore (which is only a matter of time)

1 Like

I think your daft. We have been talking about this for three days. Now your just trolling. /no response to you no more.

Or it HELPS the community by getting people together easier.

Ion said certain addons would be stopped because when they become a part of the fabric of the game, everyone will be affected, and ultimately the spirit of what is trying to be recreated would be lost. A salient point.

People think it’s harmless but they don’t realize how it’s going to affect the overall experience for everyone. I very much feel like things like this (a LFG Addon) go against the very purpose of having Classic realms to begin with, and if people need these things they can always play Retail.

1 Like

It wasn’t widely used; fortunately or unfortunately depending on your stance.

Also have a good day and I hope you enjoy your time in classic.

Talking about it for three days and you still have no idea, thats impressive

ya, look how that turned out for retail. You guys just want retail classic.

1 Like