Shamans are not getting reworked?

The current TL:DR from Beta, Shaman, Feedback - The player base is passionate about the class, as any other. Countless posts by the player base. Blizzard, in their infinite wisdom, has chosen to not communicate anything about a Shaman update. Thus, fueling negativity and out of touch sentiment.

In the end, if any class and spec fails, it falls upon Blizzard. I’m sure they are aware of that fact. The problem is that Blizzard will be ok with how things are and that doesn’t translate to how things REALLY WORK. So … don’t pay attention to the forums. Blizzard has time. If they really don’t do anything about the class, so be it. The players will respond in kind. Just how been and works.

2 Likes

I’d argue that DK and DH are closer to a “battle mage” than a Shaman is considering those classes are actually using a form of magic while Shamanism is more like receiving divine favors except for instead of a god, you have the elemental spirits.

If you are looking for a mix of range and melee, Ret seems to do it better.

Yeah I play Warrior and Ret alts. When Dk’s released it hurt my feelers because all the anti-caster things I did as Enhance, they just did it way better. Howling blast was a spammable aoe frost shock. Their resource system was infinitely better, and still is. I should make an excel spreadsheet of how Shaman specifically Enhance, has a more clunky, less efficient version, longer cooldown spell that other classes provide. It’s astonishing to me sometimes. Just look at Greater purge. Hunters can do the same thing now with a shorter cooldown.

2 Likes

Personally, I’d like to see Shamans have a tank spec like they originally were supposed to. Enhancement was originally intended to be a tank spec. I was hoping they would have leaned back to that with the Hero variants, to have like an ele/enhance tank or something

1 Like

No. Let the meme die.

3 Likes

Me too. There’s “elements” to it there in the storm H-Spec… personally I was hoping it would have been in the totemic spec since Enhancement’s spec blurb/lore is they are totemic warriors…

Oh well. Doesn’t change my opinion.

There was absolutely a 0 % chance that hero talents were going to completely change the role of enhance or ele.

Don’t get me started on that. Bonegrinder wasn’t working with Frostscythe for all of DF, and then they FINALLY fixed it in the last patch, and now Frostscythe is being changed because they assume no one used it because it was unpopular.

Just please give shaman (resto/ele) a raid buff and take a look at all the shaman feedback and at least do a couple low effort changes. It’s not that hard to drastically improve the gameplay, but it’s been forever since we’ve been getting any attention whatsoever.

if shaman cast earth shock then give raid 10% crit damage for 8seconds. lel

Given that shamans have had almost no mention in the last few passes it gives the sense that they have a lot of changes they are waiting to push through all at once like they did with hunter and warlock. When they are finished with every other class! We are getting weekly note updates atm and there is 2 months to go. Shamans wanting reassurance with a “we’ll get to you eventually so shush” because they expect to be sidelined. Poor dejected shamans.

They do seem to have a hard time figuring out what they want to do with shaman, per usual. The flip side would be that they really do think shaman needs minimal changes, which would be simply ridiculous.

Based on all that I’ve seen from others posting on this, and in general, if a class hasn’t been reworked, it’s not going to get reworked at this time. Doesn’t mean that it can’t happen early into the next expansion. Based on Youtube reviews of classes/hero talents/tier set, patch 1.0 of TWW will be about seeing how the Hero talents work live. The tier sets aren’t exciting for any class. I wouldn’t be surprised, if say, for an example, Shaman DPS specs aren’t all that great. Blizzard will tune the tier sets to prop up the spec. Realisticaly, 2.0 of TWW will more likely be the time reworks or heavy tweaking will occur.

Assume all specs are “functional,” doesn’t mean they wont have their flaws, getting to the new max level will be an adventure for some, effortless for others. With the goal of getting your tier set ASAP for quality of life.

Shaman’s seemed to have gotten completely left out again which is really unfortunate so I’ll probably end up playing evoker since Ele is going to be left behind.

Just 6 more months and your class/spec might not be a clunky design relic with hero talents designed by people that never played a shaman, that’ll be $90 please! Wait where are you going?!

Most people aren’t going to wait around 3-6 months hoping a rework comes. They will either re-roll to a new main, like ret paladin, or just quit the game entirely. Keep in mind that these new expansions are yearly so there will be less, if any, reworks. They will just expect you to tough it out until the next one, where maybe the devs remember you exist. An incredibly bad decision by blizzard to rush this expansion out the door. Sets a really bad tone and sours many people, and calls into question their ability to produce a product worth paying for.

1 Like

Except for the fact that there isn’t two months, it’s five weeks. Pre-patch is the actual cutoff for design changes.

They have no time, they’ve given up. There’s no time to properly test and provide feedback on anything they present, given it will be FOUR weeks even if some mass amount of details come out next week.

Settling for this, for the n-th time as a shaman is just insane at this point. No one should be saying “well at least they can get to us at X time” when it should have been the beginning of alpha with the rest of the classes. Can’t wait for the nerfing of the enh 4set to expose how awful this spec is.

Pretty much this.

Also, even wordup has given up, posting his suggested reworks now that we can assume the devs aren’t going to do a single thing.

As an old shaman main watching them copium ballons go up is insane. They said they arent doing any reworks and are concentrating on hero talents.

Some shamans cope hard on it still happening. Even if they said it wouldnt. This is why im going to just face reality and realize shamans getting ignored again so i wont play it. Not worth it.

I really just don’t think they have time to make any meaningful changes and adjust them. And I get it, the class still exists, they’ll still tune it to at least do something, but at the same time it’s just layers of broken design on top of each other with these hero talents now.

They dont and even the hero talents are lack luster. Shamans getting shafted this expansion. Literally the beat possibility is blizz just buffs a bunch of numbers mid expansion just so they can say they worked on shaman. No chance at class changes once the game goes live.

Shaman is probably going to launch like this with only a few minor tuning changes unfortunately. Patch 11.1 might gives some more tuning changes or just a few talent placement changes. I wouldn’t be hoping for any major reworks until after TWW.

1 Like

At least they said they were going to rework hunters…There is no communication about shaman… If they did have changes coming you would think they would put a post out or put it on the patch notes “rework coming soon” but its just crickets.