Shamans are not getting reworked?

Please tell me im not reading this right…

Please tell me that shamans are getting something in war within and that i over reacted by deleting my shaman and making a warlock main instead…

25 Likes

Hero Talent trees won’t see any major changes, we can still see iteration for the class and spec trees.

Doomers will tell you it is too late for any talent changes but Blizzard has done complete reworks as close as 3 weeks to release. Let em cook.

8 Likes

They can’t even cook up a Hero Talent tree that gets me excited for TWW (Ele main). Why would I trust a talent tree rework that will blow me away is coming up?

Don’t delete your shaman OP, but certainly make an Alt of a class that looks like “fun” was a driving factor in their Hero Talents.

14 Likes

To me, it reads that they’re done with the HERO Talents. They may or may not make changes to the Class and Spec Talents. I’m not holding my breath, though.

3 Likes

You are not reading it right. It is poorly done (it was just cut and pasted to every class and some it fit WAY worse than others), but it doesn’t mean that class reworks are out the window.

“our focus on Hero Talent trees is shifting away from reworks”

They didn’t say “our focus on classes”, but rather Hero Talents.

Basically you are going to get Totemic, Farseer, and Stormbringer. They want feedback on THOSE and not “I hate Totemic, give me something else!”

They have said that next week there is a big rework to Hunters coming, so obviously class reworks (and Hunters are in the same boat as Shaman needing a rework badly) are still on the table.

Now… that being said… this does not mean Shaman WILL get a rework, and that if they do it will come in Beta, or that it will be any good. Given the changes they have made to Warlocks, Mages, Monks, and Death Knights, and the upcoming Hunter changes, believing that Shaman WILL get a rework is likely.

How things shake out, remains to be seen, but their Beta posts (which admittedly SUCKED) are not the end of the world signifiers that people are making them out to be.

3 Likes

I mean… didnt fire mage get a rework in 10.1 or somethin like that? Shamans went the entirety of DF with nothing…

So my expectations are at all time low.

3 Likes

If Shaman not being treated as well as Mages or Warlocks is something that shocks you, Shaman is definitely a class that will make you sad.

Shaman is NEVER given that level of attention. No guarantee they will get any now, but remains to be seen.

4 Likes

Enhance got a mini rework in 10.2 but yeah nothing like what Ret got.

I wouldn’t recommend deleting shaman just in case something comes up in the future.

My issue is right now those hero talents depends on how shaman currently function. So if they are just in the hero talent tuning phase then I do t my hopes up for major class reworks. Mostly a shifting of talent trees… Maybe the loss of a few more totems.

It’s extremely unlikely.

With hero talents being set in stone aside from tuning there won’t be any major overhauls to how the class or spec trees are designed.

too many 2 point in the shaman tree nothing will be done

My friend. We arent even on the menu.

21 Likes

Well you can play SoD where Enh is the best melee in PvP and pve and ele is the best caster in PvP and pve.

It’s so dominant to the point it ACTUALLY has killed all PvP in the game.

It’s been hilariously fun face tanking 3 people and dispatching them like absolute NPCs or hand of godding people from 30 yards away absolutely disintegrating nerds.

Regularly dropping 40+ kills a game with 0-3 deaths.

Reparations

The irony that the best shaman has ever been in comparison to other classes is in a seasonal meme game mode that no one cares or takes seriously isn’t lost on me.

8 Likes

Funny you say that. I saw a shaman in pvp in sod in youtube shorts getting ganked yet two shotting everyone in their path

we never get love from blizzard

They have communicated their intentions with every other class. Their lack of communication is clearly expressing, atm, that they do not care about the shaman class. Shaman players are rightfully frustrated with Blizzard.
The doomerism is an expression of the community’s anxiety about not knowing one way or the other. A simple, “We aren’t doing any changes for shaman talents for the launch of TWW,” would be met with scorn and derision at first, for sure, but would give players an understanding of where they stand.
This is a constant thing with Blizzard, where they refuse to just be upfront and honest about their intentions, and it is a pattern of behavior especially when talking about the shaman class. They’ve had more than enough time to cook, it’s dinner time and the customers are hungry.

9 Likes

Where did you get that copium? It must be strong stuff

3 Likes

To be fair, I’ve been maining unholy DK for quite a while and there was a long period of radio silence until the announced rework, the dev for DK is quite a silent type.

However, when it comes to shaman (as someone who has mained shaman on and off since vanilla)… shamans have always been notoriously neglected lol :cry:

Yup. A tale as old as time

2 Likes

I look at it like this. If you went into a restaurant and waited 45 minutes to an hour to be served, all while seeing other people be both seated, waited on AND served while not even being acknowledged by a waiter yourself, you’d be within your rights to be quite upset. I don’t see any difference with this situation.

17 Likes

That’s fair.

Now imagine you waited, got seated, the entire experience was subpar.

When you come back the next night and it happens again, and the third night and it happens again… whose to blame?

Shaman have never been a high priority for Blizzard since I’d say MoP onward. Any time any of the spec were good was a total accident.

So if you go back to the place that has served you poorly over and over, your complaints sorta fall on deaf ears. Either the food is good enough that you endure the service, or you just love getting treated badly.