Shaman Spell Batching Exploit

So then this was connection dependent; that’s good to know. I never saw it used like this in Vanilla either, but that was only my experiences. A guild member told me it was not possible before the shaman review, and only possible after, and even that he has told me got nerfed fast; I asked for a date on that nerf but said he cannot remember.

So if it’s true that this was a connection specific thing; then this begs the question…

Should we BREAK Warrior intercept / Charge by reverting to the TRUE Vanilla mechanics because after all the Charge and Intercept of Vanilla being that the pathing could be abused by the player on the other end; LOL, it was a thing too but here in Classic 2019, Charge and Intercept land 100% of the time without fail.

Blizzard has CLEARLY fixed Charge and Intercept for warriors… Where does this sort of thing end?

I don’t think you could jump charges in Vanilla, but simply by moving around all wacky would bug it… Maybe you could jump charges and intercpet?? I just remember that becoming a thing in early TBC when they made “air born” target immune to CC because of Mages who sheep’d people off their mounts who were AFK in the sky causing them to fall to their death…

Blizard is anti fun, and has been since TBC. IMO flying was to blame as I remember it…

If this were retail, I’d probably be more critical of it, but since we’re trying to emulate vanilla (however badly some things have translated,) I think it needs to stay.

I think it’d depend on what it is, and if it was common knowledge in vanilla. Without those two pieces of information, I can’t have a solid opinion.

I would agree that it’s easier now, but by how much? Hard to say…my memory on the difficulty is not crystal clear.

1 Like

We’re supposed to be getting vanilla, “warts and all.”

1 Like

Read the wording on Grounding Totem. It redirects one spell. Shadowbolt is cast and redirected instantly, the Shadowburn which is cast after is batched in (for some reason), and should not be redirected. It doesn’t matter when the totem is destroyed, it matters that the spell gets redirected.

At the split second the Shadowbolt is cast - the grounding totem has done it’s job by redirecting the spell. The Shadowburn that happen right after that should should not be affected at all.

1 Like

I think the batches may actually be longer than actual vanilla while at the same time using the same numbers…

It just depends on how you set things up…

Lets say for example you have a 400 ms batch.

And under the vanilla system the entire circuit is a 400ms complete rotation where your client talks to the system and the system responds all inside of 400ms…

Now lets say in Modern Classic WoW its also using a 400ms batch, but instead they do it differently, and your system sends information in real time to the server and the server processes the batches in 400ms chunks to emulate whats going down in “Vanilla land”…

Thing is it looks the same on paper till you realize that the window for input is 2X bigger.

PS the numbers and methodology I used for example are all made up, they are only for descriptive illustration to show that the same numbers while “The same” can actually produce very different results.

I don’t know exactly how Blizzard is handling Classic, but I would be willing to suspect that it is a very different method from what was used in Vanilla, TBC, Wrath, Cata and Panda… (yes all those systems used the “vanilla way”), and never felt this chunky.

Yeah I am squaking about how it feels to play, and some of it is really good but other things just don’t feel right.

3 Likes

Yes omg fix reeeee

any fixers?

Agreed, but my point is this was not the EXPERIENCE of Vanilla. It perhaps was in the code back then but did not happen often, if at all. This coming from someone who played a lot in Vanilla. Earlier in this thread someone posted a shaman pvp video from vanilla and I counted 2 times when a back to back crit procd; and that could be just by chance. Also if this sentiment were still true we would still have some abilities that were nerfed in Classic, and also should have straight up broken abilities like charge and a few others. I mean they are giving China a WOW token, so at this point we are no longer dealing with a Vanilla-like recreation.

1 Like

Yea I’ve tried the divine favor double critical because some dude on reddit said it was a thing, but I haven’t got it to work a single time. I have really bad internet though so combined with the artificial batch window might just wreck that possibility.

This is still running rampant, and one of if not the only class that can do this. As gear progresses this will soon give shamans an insta-kill combo that can work with 100% certainty. Blizz really needs to realize they have broken more things than fixed with adding in an over-tuned batching system and not fixing clear exploits that work off of this.

It’s not.

Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): Elemental Mastery: It is no longer possible to get two consecutive guaranteed critical strikes from using this ability.

1 Like

Do you wonder why they had to nerf it twice? Because the first nerf wasn’t enough and the second one wasn’t either.

[Exploit]

If you’re a Holy Paladin pop Divine Favor, Start casting Holy Light and SPAM Holy Shock, so Holy Shock hits the milisecond after Holy Light does, if done correctly both should Crit, every time, so from one Divine Favor you get double crit

[Edit] Must be done on somebody other than yourself, and abit of latency helps =p

Even after the “fix” to Elemental Mastery I linked, people still managed to get double crits:

Two Shaman glitches

Glitch two; 2x Elemental mastery (requires elemental shaman)

Ok, for this glitch, it will let you cast lightning bolt, then elemental mastery, and still have elemental mastery after the lightning bolt. Find an enemy, though, it works better on PVP targets. Cast lightning Bolt. When lightning bolt is finished casting, it should fly into the air. Half way into the air, it will tell you the damage done, without even reaching the target! so, when the lightning bolt is almost to the point to where it shows damage, use elemental mastery. That requires a lot of timing, and if done right, you should still have elemental mastery on! double crits

(Has been tested, 50% works at all times)

thanks for reading these glitches

(I am sorry if these ARE reposts)

Not linking the source because it has some forum CoC violating content.

I’m not asking for TBC era evidence - I’m asking for VANILLA era evidence that Elemental Mastery was possible to be batched through and allow for double crits.

Oh, you want me to provide even more evidence to dispute your claim. Burden of proof, etc. Read this please:

you’ve provided zero evidence from Vanilla to prove that the shaman double crit batching exploit existed during that period - the only “proof” you have is from patch 2.3 which is TBC

sorry fam

Read the comment I linked. Notice how he said:

[Edit] Must be done on somebody other than yourself, and abit of latency helps =p

Hmmm, I wonder why this could be. It’s because of spell-batching, which existed in Vanilla too. You’re being very dishonest if you’re going to sit here and claim that it wasn’t possible while dismissing all the evidence, this is confirmation bias.

I can go and find videos showing a double crit but it doesn’t prove anything because baseline crit exists. These posts are evidence enough that this wasn’t even attempted to be fixed until TBC. I find even more posts into WoTLK that showed their fixes didn’t completely solve the issue anyways.

show me evidence from…

VANILLA

NOT

TBC

then maybe you will have something to back up your argument

1 Like