Shaman Saber Lash tank on Mother Shahraz

I cannot hit armor cap, correct.

What guild is getting F****? Mother is on farm status for us. Most the guys don’t even need anything off her anymore. That not the case with your guild?

The video you posted is a video of a guild having really hard time because they’re suffering for enabling a delusional player to put them in a very awkward position of almost wiping on Mother because someone thinks they’re a tank while they’re simply serving as a sponge and can die any second for almost nothing.

Your definition of a really hard time and ours is VERY different. “Almost wiping” because I was in a different position than DPS is laughable. The only delusional person in this thread is someone taking an 18 year old video game so serious when someone else is just having fun and trying something not cookie cutter. You do you. Let everyone else do whatever the hell they want

Of course.
Your guild succumbed to your delusions of allowing a delusional shaman to soak Mother’s saber lash for your own entertainment in detriment of group best interest and success.

Hard time for them must be something really different than the reality for every other player.

No one succumbed, my guild is supportive to my play style. A play style I enjoy

Video shows a total different reality from what you’re writing here.

Do they even have a choice? apparently they do not have another tank. Sometimes some guilds have problem recruting, people look at the logs, see several wipes, scuffed fights, a shaman with tanking delusions… people just walk away.

We only need 2 tanks. I was just filling in to do it. I respec 2-3 times a week between resto, enh and PvP. I spec WHATEVER the guild needs because they support how I want to play. I ONLY get to play as an Enh tank when we are comfortable to do so. That night, we were comfortable to do so. We do not have t hose issues recruiting.

Again, the posted video proves otherwise.

Seems like a guild is hostage of someone holding the bloodlust button… must be hard to recruit new members nowadays with so scuffed runs.

Video does not prove otherwise at all, they killed Mother. And if you think 1 BL is going to make or break a run, you don’t understand the game. I get to play at work from time to time and frequently get calls away from the game. The guild does JUST fine with or without me. I’m just a body to fill a spot when guys have IRL things going on. We don’t have “scuffed runs” at all, we have fun entertaining runs and haven’t not cleared an instance with me in it. As a back up player with less gear than the mains. You look at the video however misguided you want though. My guild knows better and we have yet to have recruitment issues.

The video proves exactly my point.
A very scuffed pull because a delusional shaman unironically thinks he is tank while it is not.

The whole raid has to suffer the consequences of being suboptimal and ultimately almost wipe because of that.

I wonder how many wipes the raid have had since they started going through this crap. Maybe this is also the kind of thing people would hide in their logs.

Looks like they can’t recruit a shaman and a tank, so they have to stick with one having delusions of the another.

Again, we don’t need a shaman or a tank. I’m just a body to fill a slot. They can clear without and and frequently have to because of my shift. Also again, we only need 2 tanks, and have that. You are pretty set in your delusional ways in that other people can have fun with this game in a different way than you think it should be played.

Nothing is going to change your mind, and I’m not trying to. I know what our guild is capable of and I know what I enjoy doing in this game, and that’s something NOT cookie cutter. The guild is good at taking up my slack, and I know there is slack because of how I play. Which is fine, we still have NO issues clearing content and and having fun while doing it. You can just ignore my posts. Or respond, that’s fine. it just bumps up the post and more people get to see it. I appreciate that =)

Perhaps the own wow devs removing the shield talent and stating throughout WoTLK that they never intended Shaman to be tanks and Shamans are not tanks would change yours?

https://www.bluetracker.gg/wow/topic/us-en/19378794994-wow-cataclysm-shaman-tanks-gone-for-good/

“Once upon a time there was a potential tanking role for shamans as well, but we have pretty much phased that out.”

We haven’t considered Shaman to be tanks for awhile now and have taken them in a different direction.

Shamans aren’t tanks.
Shamans can’t tank.

Putting a shaman in a place where a tank should be is like submitting your raid to a immeasurable and unnecessary suffering, that could be avoided if people used their brains.

Of course, if people just want to meme, that is fine. A meme invalidates all my arguments.

If you are a meme, of course.

I think the quote actually invalidates your argument.

“Once upon a time there was a potential tanking role for shamans as well" This is true and can be seen in the talents from WoW Vanilla and in TBC. Things started to change dramatically starting in WoTLK, but the fact of the matter is that if there were potential tanking roles for shammies it means they could fulfill that role. And since we currently in Classic TBC, that would still be the case.

“We haven’t considered Shaman to be tanks for awhile now and have taken them in a different direction.” We get no context into what awhile means, as they developed Cata? in the middle of WoTLK? who knows. Likely the latter. But we are not there yet, so yes shamans currently can tank in TBC Classic and so Alnwick tanking a flame is completely fine.

1 Like

Thanks for A) showing a shaman tank a post from 2009 that ALL of us are aware of. B) has NOTHING to do with Classic or TBC. Oh darn, they took away my shield talent. C) I accept and LOVE that it is a meme spec, one that I have FUN playing. BECAUSE it’s different. All of which you don’t seem to understand. I don’t care, at all, that you don’t think I’m tanking. Per the definition, even if not intended, I am. And not optimally, not best suited. But anyone standing in that position is considered 3rd OT, regardless of class if they can survive it. I did for awhile and had unfortunate beams. Oh darn, we still cleared the instance in a good time with an alt raider.

1 Like

It was in vanilla alpha

Not true at all. Take a look at the original 2007 WoW Burning Crusade Shaman page:

/web/20071020025002/http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/shaman/

It clearly states “Looking for a secondary tank?”

just add web. archive. org in front since I can’t add links (or if someone could do it that would be great :slight_smile:)

Now I see the source of your delusions. You read that page and thought you could be a tank.

That page was for newbies. It is so wrong that shaman is one of the best healers in game, and in fact take over from priests in Sunwell with haste, becoming the best healer in game.
So, that page is already wrong.

Shaman tanking was dropped by Vanilla alpha. The shield specialization and armor talents were left because they couldn’t fit anything else there. In WoTLK they finally fix and remove those (replacing Toughness with stamina talent instead).

There never was support for a shaman to be any near an effective or even viable tank in the game. Every time a Shaman tries to act as a tank the result is subpar raid killing times, people having to spend more consumables than needed, wipes or near-wipes.

Ion Hazzikostas posted a commented video of his guild (elitist jerks) doing Timed ZA and they brought a holy pally to tank instead a proper pally tank (which by the time ZA was out was already an excellent tank after several buffs).

Even a Holy Pally in prot gear has more viability tanking than a shaman.

You must be fun at parties