Shaman Leveling!

So i’ve heard to go Enhance to 40, then it doesn’t matter between ele/enh they’re pretty close in leveling speed. Anyone have any info to back that up?

I think enh is better, cause screw drinking. But it’s pretty much just auto attacking with rock biter or windfury

I do recall enhance being seen as “the leveling spec” back then. As for 40+ being between, it wouldn’t surprise me.

Enhancement is largely better with the improvements to the latter talents, primarily Stormstrike and DW/spec. Generally you want to go 1h/shield for limited downtime and at 42~43 when you’re given more +hit you can swap to DW. The higher DPS and damage plus better design on top of not needing to blow your mana to kill mobs means Enhancement is more efficient and faster than Elemental, which has more downtime.

Elemental is potentially faster to about 30, but it’s pretty similar.

Any reason for the 1h/shield instead of 2h?

Lower downtime, as with a shield you have a lot of damage resistance, on top of Rockbiter being a flat DPS increase favouring faster weapons. You don’t have a weapon attack that is reliant on weapon damage until 40, so there’s no real downside to it.

Time to kill is a bit higher but downtime is way lower.

1 Like

Question, does rockbiter or any other shaman enchant override enchanter enchants?

I leveled Enhancement to 48 trhen switched to Ele/Resto 30/0/21. It wasn’t until the mid to late 40s that I started getting decent intellect / spell power gear. Nothing worse than leveling as elemental with a small mana pool and no spell power.

Enhancement also has a really nice weapon progression pathway.
[Crescent Staff] - > [Corpsemaker] -> [Ravager] etc.

1 Like

Fastest 1 hander, highest armor/block shield. Stack agi and spirit, use flametongue weapon. Use first aid to heal and only 1 shock per enemy = you win shaman leveling.

If you really want to massively improve your speed, enchant your shaman’s boots with minor speed

1 Like

Yooo Esperia! Fam! How’s it going? Fancy seeing you here. You down to do some BGs Friday with the boys?

Enhance is more mana efficient so most people go with it for the entire road up. Elemental however can be better 40+, despite having to drink more often. At this point it really comes down to who has better gear, but elemental is more mana dependent.

No because they don’t use the same slot. You have 2 enchant slots on weapons. The first is timed. The second is permanent.
-The timed slot are things such as poisons (rogue), weapon stones (blacksmith), and anything from shamans.
-The permanent slot is anything from enchanting.

Awesome thanks! Having buffs override other buffs got me all paranoid hehe.

In TBC its a toss up both about the same.

In classic 40+ Elemental and its not even close

Similar name, maybe? I don’t really do many BGs. So far I’m just waiting for prepatch.

Even with drinking I found ele to be faster.

I listened to the ‘guides’ before launch and tried the 1hand shield enh thing and found it to be laughably bad

Out of curiosity, once you get WF does it just become the default choice for weapons? Or is rockbiter better if your weapon is fast?

Levelling on the beta and there’s no weapons on the ah, and all these quest rewards are fast… but I just hit 30.

Not really. WF is nice, but the issue with it is that it’s unpredictable. A proc at 2% life is wasted, whereas RB is solid and steady throughout. Also the faster the weapon, the worse WF is. For WF to be good it needs to be at least 2.4.

Once you start DWing (at the earliest 41, if not 44 for the +hit talents), you can WF/WF or WF/RB. A WF proc on the OH is significantly weaker so RB might be better there - but all offhands for Enhancement are heavily nerfed because we don’t have a talent to reduce the OH damage penalty.

Yeah… I’m guessing it’s probably better to rockbiter for a while.

Just got this https://tbc.wowhead.com/item=2044/crescent-of-forlorn-spirits and there’s no dungeon groups on beta, nor anything on the AH. Gonna be stuck with it for a while probably.

First thing you wanna do is whisper any mage boosting and that’s how you level

1 Like

It’s fast, which is actually good with RB, and it’s insanely strong. So a very good pick up. It can honestly take you to 40.