Shadows Rising Interview with Author

You’re both right, you’re both wrong, let’s just move on, shall we?

6 Likes

You crying because she is “a massive night elf fan”, the only time the night elves even come up in the book are in about 3 pages that are pretty irrelevant. Your entire reason for complaining is because she said in an interview she liked the night elves, but when you read the book that doesn’t come across as all while the book focuses mostly on the horde.

3 Likes

You really don’t get it, do you?

The page count doesn’t matter. It’s what’s actually ON those pages.

1 Like

Yes, irrelevant wheel spinning is on those pages and showing again that Tyrande is angry, which she should be but we already know that.

3 Likes

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:
The Chad Jailer???

blizzcon 2010 george fisher power of the horde intro

4 Likes

Like I said, you’re not getting it. I’m talking about the 80% (or whatever) of pages about the Horde, not the 3 pages about the Night Elves.

Or are you going to tell me the Horde pages are “irrelevant wheel spinning” too?

What does that have to do with anything?

2 Likes

She didn’t give them any legs to stand on because they don’t have any.

Roux wrote the characters as they are and should be in the story that was given to her. Blame Blizzard if you don’t like the set up, I don’t either. But its what she had.

16 Likes

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

1 Like

The horde had development and got things done the character moments were the strong part of this book. What you are also ignoring is that blizzard massively outlines these book and wants her to do certain things with the characters, her only original character was the troll.

Instead of bringing up anything specific you didn’t like, you decided to cry about her being a “massive night elf fan” which is completely irrelevant to the book or how it was written, and outside of the interview a safer assumption would be that she was a troll fan.

8 Likes

That was the year the band mocked the Alliance players in the crowd yes? Good times.

3 Likes

So the debacle from ten years ago is evidence to the contrary?

1 Like

Imagine being the type of person who still gets into bias arguments in 2020 lmao.

1 Like

Great interview. Book was good by WoW standards. Better than BtS and far less destructive to the lore. Madeleine has a better grasp on the characters than Blizzard.

Obviously I’m not happy about how the Horde is being portrayed as toothless and weak, but at least Rokhan point-blank yells at them for it. And I’m not happy about the direction they’re taking Sylvanas, but that’s not the author’s fault.

10 Likes

So the writer for the books that are outlined by Blizzard and Blizzard decides what gets put in, needs to be written by a writer that declares themselves for a ingame faction. I almost fell over with how hard my eyes rolled.

You need to step away from the game if you are thinking like this now, way too invested.

9 Likes

No, it flipping well is not irrelevant. If she’s a massive Night Elf fan, then she has every reason to hate the Horde and therefore, not to portray them in the best light while following Blizzard’s directives for the plot. THAT is what annoys me.

No, but it would be nice if said author were not a self-proclaimed massive fan of the group that has the most reason to hate the group that she’s supposed to be focusing on.

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong, but how was the Horde toothless and worthless?

Once Talanji called for their aid they showed up and soundly brought victory for the Zandalari. I thought they did pretty good in the book.

12 Likes

Shockingly, many people are capable of being reasonable adults and not getting emotionally compromised over the fact that some pixels killed some other pixels.

15 Likes

It’s more than that. It’s how fawning Thrall is over Jaina, Tyrande etc. How the council acts like all should be forgiven just because “we’re a council now.”

It’s just the general manner in which the Horde characters behave, liked whipped puppies.

1 Like

Yep, I feel people don’t think writers are capable of actually writing and cannot like multiple things at once, or desire to write an interesting story that is more than just “this is my favorite therefore they always are the best”.

So writers can’t actually be writers and who they say they like means they can only write for that. Do you understand how degenerate that line of thinking is? Especially when this book is so massively outlined the key points are going to be laid out.

Your line of thought is essentially “all writing should be fan fiction”, because in fan fiction you usually only write about what you like and try to show them as the strongest and best. If you are an actual writer you want to write an interesting story, not some power fantasy that you are begging for here.

4 Likes