Shadowlands Season 3 Ending Soon

Pretty sad move guys! We finally got our group into a position where we were actively pushing mythic pve content again, and strategized with the expectation that we’d have a similar amount of time to last tier. Today’s news didn’t just take the wind out of the sails… you all but blew up the whole damn boat!

Also, your initial communication was pretty lackluster. We shouldn’t have to dig into comments to find guidance on the PvE season, it should have been included from the start.

17 Likes

Ok but why? You’re rushing dragonflight for 2022, and cutting this tier short for a season 4 that hardly anyone is excited for? Why? You’re alienating one of the most loyal part of your player base- the people who actively grind out CE/Aotc every single raid tier. I cannot fathom the logic behind this decision. Just pull the damn ripcord again, scrap season 4, it’s a total dumpster fire of an idea, extend season 3. Give the people what they want.

18 Likes

Excellent, nerf the jailer into the ground please.

It’s a pretty sweet bow to get just before the next expansion comes out and it’s no longer BIS.

1 Like

something something, may need to release Dragonflight in 2022 due to some sort of european consumer protection laws. So rushing it so they don’t get blown up. Sad part is… if they are rushing things this much, I can’t imagine we’re going to get a good product.

1 Like

Also can y’all clarify if Veilstrider access is going to be removed with prepatch or expansion launch? It’s not at all difficult except having to wait for obvious resets like ember court/stitchyard (which I am working on now).

Really hope legendaries don’t go up again or legendary slots don’t get altered again. Really getting tired of farming flux/cinders and replacement gear to swap out legendaries

Cutting the available time on an expansion-end raid is baffling to me. More than a 2 week notice is a good step, but when it’s cutting a tier short we end up in the same position.

10 Likes

yup. this is likely to fry a good bit of the established PvE player base and create a ton of unnecessary churn.

2 Likes

assume anyways cause i see it as it being removed

What is happening with tier sets in S4? If they go away, we’re going to lose a ton of power and that will feel pretty bad. Or will they continue as is into S4?

Dear Shinkisser,

I have to agree with this post. It’s also crazy how much melee had to dodge. Not only did melee have to deal with more mechanics, they also made warlocks a better PI target than unholy death knights!

This made all warlock players have an artificially inflated ego while they sat at max range with their movement keys unbound.

We can only hope that Dragonflight: World of Warcraft® frees melee from mechanics hell.

3 Likes

Season 4 is not relevant but for them to use us as software test engineers again.

They had a choice. Make season 3 not relevant or use us as test engineers … again

They would lose most their test engineers. They have to manipulate you into testing their unfinished product… again…

This was my guess. Testing people’s receptiveness to introducing “as most able” a restoration of linear raid progression (or multiple tiers relevant) for wow. Classic and tbcc and soon to be wrath post-ulduar likely all feeds into that data testing.

This was my general assumption. I think absolutely everything for me could be finished by end of July (stitchyard/ember court) being the biggest obligations.

FOUR WEEKS? Are you kidding me? Guess you’re just gonna give 2-day CE guilds the finger since we managed US 198th Rygelon (well over 100 spots ahead of where we typically land as far as US rankings go) and we’re gonna have a harder time making CE by the end of this tier than we ever have despite outperforming our typical ranks by a massive amount.

We’re at 50% on Mythic Jailer and will have literally no time to farm this raid, assuming we even kill the boss in the first place considering we have some people posting out since they’re going on vacation over the next couple weeks (since, you know, it’s the middle of Summer). This is horrible, considering we’ve been on Jailer for a couple weeks and we have both our Warlocks posting out for much of this week and the week after next and this fight is pretty much impossible without Gateways and Healthstones.

How in God’s name are you gonna make by far the hardest raid tier of all time the shortest raid tier of all time since Uldir (BFA’s FIRST TIER), the shortest end-of-expansion tier by a massive margin, and also the one you had to nerf more times per boss than you’ve had to nerf entire raid tiers combined, all in the name of some crappy half-baked Season 4 gimmick nobody asked for?

If you’re gonna nerf Jailer and many of the bosses leading up to him - which you obviously are to some degree - you need to basically make these bosses walking target dummies to make this horrible timing even remotely reasonable. Because as it stands, pushing Season 4 to just a month from now is without a shadow of a doubt the most out-of-touch response to the raiding community that I’ve ever seen from this company, and it isn’t even remotely close.

34 Likes

There are 4 weeks before you close out season 3 of raiding. On top of that, one of those weeks includes the 4th of July weekend. In order to ensure those who are working towards AOTC could achieve it, perhaps the tuning of heroic should have taken place at the same time as mythic. Saying it will be addressed in the coming weeks doesn’t help guilds plan out their final push.

I would include the two day a week casual heroic raiding guilds in this as well.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

16 Likes

I’d concede you have to beat the new Fated difficulty, but this isn’t unreasonable. Fated gear is two tiers higher than its non-Fated counterpoint and to use it to steamroll AOTC/ CE on an “off week” seems a bit cheesy while the xpac is current?

Nows the time to buy your ce carries, /ROFL… they are going to make’er easy as heck.

I guess non-hardcore mythic guilds are just SoL then?
We’re just starting Rygelon but with this time frame I’m not sure if we’re going to get our CE.

You guys need to tune better and quicker so people don’t have to treat the game like a job. As a half decent 2 day a week guild this has been a rough expansion with SLG in CN, Sylv in SoD and general tuning/design of Sepulcher.

13 Likes