Shadowlands PVP FIXED FINALLY!

That’s a relief, I suppose. It still doesn’t feel super fair for players who don’t want to be funneled into rated. I’d prefer it if there were multiple paths to progression, but I’d be okay if rated was a quicker path to accommodate for the extra work.

Seems too good of a system for these devs.

Blizzard is bound to nerf it.

It’s not a good system.

A good system would have honor gear being the same ilvl as heroic raids and conquest being the same as mythic with a PvP stat so they are under turned for PvE content.

Scaling gear in PvP content would work too but a PvP stat is preferable.

Congratz to you PvPers, but will affect PvEers? I didn’t watch the video.

Absolutely. The worst changes are still in effect for casual PvPers of the sort who used to subscribe to spam bgs. They’re being forced out of the game. Same thing will be happening with casuals who aren’t PvPers though.

2 Likes

Compared to BFA it’s a good system.

A great system would be going back to Legion scaling or WoD gearing with pvp stats

For elite players it’s good. For people who don’t do rated PvP it’s still bad.

Legion templates sucked because they were badly implemented and never balanced. WoD gearing had it right.

1 Like

Yeah somethings up . There must be a finely written dotted line some where .

This is what I keep telling people.
Everyones worried that casual game play for PVP is getting ruined and I am like…1400 IS casual.

WoD had it best. I loved how Honor and Conquest gear scaled to be better than any PvE gear in PvP AND the unique elite sets they had from S1.

Cosmetics are THE incentive for anything in Warcraft nowadays. No one is going to remember the dumb names of modern gear unless it’s a trinket or item with a proc that is severely overpowered. The days of drooling over named gear is long in the past, and no amount of limiting it will change it back to the days of yore.

1 Like

Can’t people do rated battlegrounds? But I get what you’re saying.

Just like heroic raiding is totally casual for mythic raiders, but absolutely a major challenge for people who have never set foot in a raid before.

But go ahead and blame them. No doubt it makes you feel better.

Which “people” are you referring to? “People” who have always been glads? “People” who only do PvP because Ion fixed it so they get carried by their gear to stomping badly geared noobs in bgs? “People” who used to subscribe to spam bgs but will now be locked into honor gear and quit?

Are you saying why doesn’t everybody just play exactly the same way with no room for personal preference?

3 Likes

This has legit encouraged me to try my hand at arena this expansion.

Amazing change.

I believe Stoopz is wrong. Don’t get me wrong. He puts out great content, and he is responsible for many of the PvP improvements we’ve seen, but he is viewing the solution through the eyes of somebody who has already broken down to the barriers, and gotten past the intimidation of becoming a highly ranked PvP player. The majority of people haven’t breached those barriers, and this system is going to make it even harder for them to do so.

Making people participate in ranked content is fine (in fact it’s really good). It encourages people to step into ranked content, and it could help reduce the intimidation factor. Unfortunately, trying to incorporate a PvE-style progression system into PvP is going to make the the experience very uncomfortable as people will consistently face off against much better geared players. This will occur at much lower ranks than 2200 now, and the gear discrepancy will by much higher than it has ever been in past.

On top of that, this problem will quickly trickle down into unranked content too. Now that people get better gear at lower rankings, and they are encouraged (through the honor upgrade system) to enter regular BGs, players in unranked content will find themselves faced off against others who are much more heavily geared than them. In fact, since they already have established partners, they will probably not solo queue into regular BGs. Unranked and lower ranked players are going to be eaten alive in regular BGs.

Blizzard is trying to implement a progression PvE gearing system for PvP. This works in PvE because we can choose content suitable to our gear. There is a natural difficulty progression that matches the gearing progression.

Quests->Dungeons->Heroics->M+=Raids

As people gear up, they progress to more difficult content. If you’re more casual, you might stop at Normal or Heroic Dungeons. If you’re more serious, you might push into high Mythics or Mythic raiding. The point is that people can find success at their chosen difficulty level.

With the new PvP system, that isn’t an option. When you hop into BGs or WPvP as an unranked player, you’re going to be outgeared - often by a lot. It will be similar to hopping into an Heroic raid without progressing through Normal raids first. It might be possible to win, but it’s not going to be a pleasant experience. Most people will spend more time watching their rez timer than participating in PvP. The rest of the time, they will be reading nasty messages by people who outgear them by 20+ item levels.

No. PvP is not fixed. It might be fixed for Stoopz and other similar players, but it’s broken for the majority of players. Until this last video, I agreed with most of his content too. I think he’s misguided here. Of course he thinks I’m misguided too.

Time will tell. I hope he’s right, and I’m wrong. I’m going to double down on my efforts to participate in ranked PvP in SL just because I’m stubborn and the system pisses me off. I don’t think that’s how most casual PvP players will react though. Most people will feel like a target dummy the moment they step into BGs, and they won’t know how to progress because the Arena barriers to entry are so high.

If people are faced with a game that doesn’t provide a reasonably obtainable path to success, they’re probably going to quit. Telling them to “rank or die” is not the solution no matter how many times you repeat it.

6 Likes

I really hope this does what he’s implying by making rbgs relevant. Looking at super long queue times to get matched with a 2k team when your teams average is 0 is very disappointing. I understand that’s more of a player problem than a blizz one because it’s based on participation but with these changes I’m really looking forward to getting this going at least once a week.

This :100:

Couldn’t of summed up the issue better myself. Just like covenants, I’m sure they’ll fix it in 9.1 at least :rofl:

1 Like

Mythic raiders? The people that make up 1% of this game?
Are you serious? Are we playing the same game?
Ignoring the fact that its not possible to compare PVP and PVE because they are too very different playstyles, do you actually think getting 1400 is as time consuming as downing heroic raid bosses???

1 Like

Proof that if you give welfare epics to the laziest players in the game, they’ll just ask for more.

Unrated BG players are treated as second class citizens by Blizz and the community because they are. They lack skill, they afk most of the time, they can’t follow directions.

Honour gear should be the same level as LFR, because that’s what it is- it’s LFR for pvpers. It should never be any higher, making it equiv of heroic raid or even normal raid or M+0 gear is a complete mistake.

You’re not going to be able to afk your way to gear in a heroic raid/M+ unless you’re paying to be boosted (which you can do for arena/RBG too)- it’s unfortunate, but it exists in every part of the game. Normal BGs, there’s no requirement to have the slightest bit of skill or put in any effort, you just get loot thrown at you.

Blizz is giving you a choice- put in a minimal effort and have a tiny bit of skill to get to 1400 and get great gear. This is as good as it will ever get for pvpers unless you’re in the absolute bottom rung.

3 Likes

Since no one in these arguments has actually laid it out and just keeps parroting “it’s easy”, sure.

yea as ive said on every pvp post. they have been constantly adding changes since the prepatch launched they have been listening to all feedback x3 people are just to quick to jump on them for the smallest change even when its obvious the are just testing the waters