Shadowlands PVP FIXED FINALLY!

This is fine because PvE gear will be viable for PvP it works both ways.

1 Like

On the flip side I’d argue it’s actually going to be a disincentive to PvP overall as a lot of casual BG players will not want to cap honor or conquest in the rated environment. Horde queues for random BGs are long enough already, this change will make them pretty much only worth queuing if you’re already super geared and are looking to stomp players who are too dumb to read up on how PvP gearing works.

Just like the M+ changes only really help the mid tier heroic raider by making end of dungeon loot worse, these changes help the mid tier rated PvPer. The top end is going to play whatever is required to compete at the chosen difficulty/skill level no matter what hoops they have to jump through, while the more casual player is left feeling like this game isn’t for them anymore because alternative paths to the best gear(even with all their changes gear still won’t mean anything like it did 15 years ago) don’t exist.

Give casuals alternative paths to the BiS gear that just takes longer to achieve and provide the top end PvE and PvP players with unique cosmetics.

The gatekeeping within the community is bad enough, now we’ve got Blizzard helping them out by making the gear needed for harder content, a lot harder to obtain for a more casual/new player without help/carries.

Great change for the carry market though. Anything to help with token sales since BFA 2.0 is looking like it’s going to have an even worse set of systems that are so underwhelming at launch we’ll need even more added on in 9.1, 9.2 and 9.3 to keep people on the hamster wheel.

2 Likes

Fair enough, i agree with that sentiment actually. They should’ve done something a bit more creative in Warmode. And i think they tried doing that with the Airdrops, and
 that’s kinda it. :confused:

Something i can explain in 3 minutes? Better pad it to 10 minutes. I need that second ad.

1 Like

Rated PvP is changed to make it easier to buy gear and upgrade it based on your rating.

People who don’t do rated or don’t do arenas are still as screwed as before.

2 Likes

Personally I think they could’ve even gone into a side story for players to partake in. Could only imagine being in Warmode as Alliance and taking missions from Tyrande to screw over the Horde.

i’m guessing bliz dont want afkers in bg’s to get gear. If you’re afk in a rated bg you wont be allowed to stay in the group.

1 Like

Everyone is happy now, but then wait until next expansion in 2 years they just erase that all. Then I will just say this: “Typical Blizzard.”

well thats fine, they just need to keep me occupied till ashes of creation beta is out

i can see it now, WTS carry in RBG- get your conquest capped now!

Thank you! Just yesterday I was afraid I’d been relegated to low rating. Good to hear I’ll eventually be able to achieve a semblance of success.

What other content is rated?

Rated specially, none. (But pve ratings should definitely be a thing)

In all content, you need a premade group of get the best rewards. PVP fits the same setup now, with a slight edge. PVE players can never get increased ilevel rewards by doing the same queued content repeatedly.

I havent read anything about the current state of the game so this change means that i will not need to do pve for pvp??

I know there are a fair number of elitists who think that the overwhelming majority of players in the game are afk but collecting elite gear from thin air for doing absolutely nothing. I have heard from probably the same players who say, like you, that everybody in bgs is afk at all times and the bgs win themselves as claim that everybody in LFR is afk at all times and the bosses auto-suicide.

People like this who despise everybody else should be playing a single player game where they won’t have to worry about sharing their precious pixels with the unworthy lesser mortals they fear and despise.

3 Likes

PvP isn’t static. So it’s never “the same content”.

Perhaps I’m confused, but doesn’t this mean that casual PvPers can’t obtain adequate gear? The best PvP gear (even epic quality gear) is funneled now only through rated PvP. This doesn’t seem like a fix for me, unless I’m reading into this wrong. :cold_sweat:

3 Likes

So casual PvPers can’t reach 1400 in Rated PvP?

Well, I guess that’s where I’m confused. Is 1400 the minimum for epic quality gear?

1400 grants players the ability to upgrade the base Conquest set. Which to hit that rating is super easy.

1 Like