Shadowlands Preview: Maldraxxus and the Necrolord Covenant

Have to agree, this zone just SCREAMS DK.

If no one gets it, their name is mud… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ll probably go Maldraxxis but I can see arguments for the others. Min/maxing aside, I think their intent with the covenants is to match their motivation rather than just take them at face value.

Death Knights were obviously raised by necromantic power as engines of war but, having been freed from the Lich King’s will, there’s no reason they couldn’t use those powers in service to the righteous cause of the Kyrians, seek penance for their sins from the Venthyr, or even seek to aid the Night Fae in preserving the cycle of rebirth.

It’s the same way a particularly militant Paladin could go to Maldraxxis.

I like the idea of paladin going evil and my dk going to the light coven instead lol im just weird like that.

1 Like

Werewolves don’t either. Which is exactly the reason why I’ll be sending my Worgen there… to hurl insults at all of the bloodsuckers. :smiling_imp:

How is it even possible to be undead in the afterlife? I always imagined that after slaying a ghoul they would return to the SL as a spirit.

Glory to Nagash!

I’m a sucker for necromancy, this will definitely be my choice

Seems quite nice but my Champion and I already chosen the Venthyr, honestly Maldraxxus seem like a fun place to visit.

No.

Is it not too late in talking you over into getting the Necrolord Mount?

I like the look of the mail set a lot, but I’m not sold on this one, at least not for my hunter. My DK though? Heck yes. Maybe my warlock too.

1 Like

Who are the Skeleton people that resemble Zandalari Trolls with regards to their posture / animations? Are they some kind of Lich? They seem to be the main folks of Maldraxxus but I find it odd they weren’t on the “Inhabitants” list. Under the image with one of them “made from the bodies taken as spoils of war”.

With werewolves in Venthyr its gonna be like an emo kids wet-dream of a living Twilight episode

Looking good! Great job! Catch me here on my DK.

You mean like they’ve been nerfing every good corruption a few days after it becomes available at MOTHER?

Right now BFA is just a preview of what SL is going to offer.

I’m prepared for a swift kick in the nuts by Blizzard.

2 Likes

Ack this is taking away from my time that could be spent studying current events.

My body is ready.

KAR! EN! TUK!

Imperial Legions of the Mald Empire rise up for our Emperor Asmonmald

Looks boring. Are all of these timesink, pathfinder rep grind covenants available at 50 or will one of them be locked for 60 only? Just like how Tenan, Suramar, and Naz/mechagon where for their expacs? Cause I’m 100% burnt out on the fake scaling that these used.

1 Like

I wonder if the covenant sets will be available in other color shades as well… The cloth belt looks amazing as a makeshift skirt, but not everything will match the gold and purple.