Shadowlands' NPCs no dialogue

Adding my voice here as well. I’m new to WoW and have been enjoying it for the most part, but broken quest dialogue has plagued me in almost all content I’ve done, from Legion to Shadowlands; I’ll often miss huge chunks of dialogue because everyone just stands around seemingly talking and emoting but not saying anything, and half the time it makes me wonder if the game froze or a quest broke, because I’ll have no context for how long a dialogue is supposed to be.

It’s happened twice now in A Moment’s Respite, so I’m missing a lot of info on the Jailer that was told to me in utter silence and pantomime. It’d be great to see this issue fixed, as it definitely breaks immersion in a lot of places.

9 Likes

I had this issue today in the dialogue between Vereesa and Alleria, as well as Bolvar and Darion in Oribos right after Sylvanas is sentenced to the Maw.

No matter how many times I initiated these optional dialogues, I did not get to see the full conversation. It is frustrating to have to go look up what was said on Wowhead when I should be able to witness it in game, as it was originally intended.

Please fix your game.

15 Likes

Well, I just processed my refund for Dragonflight. I bought the epic bla bla bla package. At least they gave me my money back. I’ll check back occasionally to check and see if this issue is ever fixed, but honestly i’m going to try classic out. seems like people actually play that version. Kudos to Blizzard for refunding my purchase. At least they seem to be good at that.

6 Likes

We just got a 4 hour Shadowlands patch, with nothing fixing this bug at all. What will happen at prepatch next week?

7 Likes

One can only hope a fix for it. I’d hate for this bug to not only remain present in past expansions, but continue on into Dragonflight as well. :confused:

5 Likes

I think we all can expect the bug to be fixed in the prepatch, considering that the bug is not in PTR. If it persists, it will be a huge red flag and a sign that it will find his way into the new expansion which is very concerning.

I hope Blizzard doesn’t screw that bad on that expo launch. After all, we are on 3 months already of this glitch.

6 Likes

While not ideal, I really hope we get a fix tomorrow. It will give me some time to experience the lore before the pre-expansion events start. We can only hope. I just wish there was more transparency. I will be at work tomorrow after reset, could you guys let me know if the problem is fixed?

7 Likes

Still broken, unfortunately. Also hoping the pre-patch will fix it. :frowning_face:

7 Likes

How is possible that a critical component of the game has been broken for 3 Months? It should get fix tomorrow :upside_down_face:

8 Likes

Anticipation is growing. If it’s not fixed today, what makes us think they will ever fix it?

2 Likes

Well, with any luck, if it continues on into Dragonflight-- I’m sure they’ll get even more people complaining in this thread or others about it, everyone from veterans to newer players like me. Dragonflight will definitely bring some in, after all.

At that point, we’d just need to make enough noise for them to pay attention, I guess? x.x

2 Likes

It will be disastrous for Blizzard if this bug persists during DF launch. The entire population of WoW will notice right off the bat and there will be a huge general complaint about it. This bug already have a big enough traction to it, imagine if it persists on the xpac launch.

It is on Blizzard’s best interest to fix it NOW.

5 Likes

Is it still not fixed after prepatch?

Maintenance has been delayed. Don’t think we will know until it’s playable.

1 Like

My bad, could swear it was already done by now. If they don’t bother to fix it today, I’ll be refunding. There will be no hope for this company. They won’t possibly do DF right.

I just tested it, a couple of the conversations (the stay a while) are working now. Maybe it is fixed?

4 Likes

I tested one stay a while at NF covenant and it worked.

3 Likes

Well, it’s not fixed. I just did the quest “The Forge of the Guardian” for the Mage Legion class hall intro.

After Alodi shows up, he’s supposed to speak. He does not speak his dialogue.

So maybe some of it’s fixed, some of it’s isn’t, or maybe it has always been super random. Idk. I’m not buying the expansion and this was the time for Blizzard to fix this issue. My gametime is up in a few days and I’ll be done, I guess.

4 Likes

Buddy, the pre-patch is out and it’s still not fixed. It’s almost November.

At the very least, we need an update on this issue. It’s important. This is too significant for Blizzard to just pretend isn’t happening by not commenting on it.

5 Likes

The ally Intro in BFA is fixed. The Maw is fixed, “stay a while” in Oribos is fixed.

7 Likes