Shadowlands' NPCs no dialogue

At least some stuff seems fixed, though perhaps not all. Maybe by the time we fully get Dragonflight in November, it’ll all be fixed… would still be nice if they’d at least look into the issue or comment, though. This is kind of a major issue for their story campaigns.

6 Likes

Yeah it seems it is mostly fixed but we need to investigate the reports of it still happening in older expansions such as Legion.

4 Likes

Yeah, I went from virtually no dialogue in the Shadowlands intro quests to now having it all working.

I’m starting to imagine this is a complex bug for them to iron out given it seems random and pervasive for older content. I could understand better their difficulties in fixing it if they would just give us some heads up on the situation. People are more patient if they don’t feel ignored.

EDIT: I’m seeing new cutscenes. The cutscene describing the Arbiter and what happened to her didn’t play for me before the patch. Yikes.

4 Likes

I suppose the focus on Shadowlands first to fix it makes sense, and it makes me hope that they’re slowly trying to get it worked out going backwards. Let’s cross our fingers it’s completely eliminated once Dragonflight drops for real!

At least now I can look forward to ‘new’ dialogue when I take another alt through Shadowlands some day, lmao.

3 Likes

I think it depends on server in each version of Wow. My server in retail is packed. My server in Wrath is decently populated. My server in Classic is absolutely dead with the AH barely having anything on the auction.

1 Like

Hey just another update - I tried Classic and absolutely love it. So much better than retail. I’m only level 8 but unlike retail i’m not in a particular hurry to get to 60 (or whatever level endgame is at). Really enjoying it. As someone who hasn’t played either version before I can’t believe how much worse they made the game over the 15 years it’s been out. Like when did they get rid of the mechanic where the mobs run away sometimes when they get close to dying? Makes it so much more interesting… Lol AND all of the dialog works…

1 Like

I remember being more annoyed that they’d run away than excited. Like, just die faster please.

They made a bunch of changes in, I think, Cataclysm at some point. Like the starting quest hubs for new characters used to be full of red mobs who would aggro the player, making it easy enough to get piled on if you weren’t careful. Then they swapped to the mobs all being yellow and only attacking if attacked. You can just walk past them (or drive past them in that annoying chauffeur mount) with zero resistance.

It’s all led to the current tutorial which all but literally holds your hand through the first 10 levels and carefully spoon-feeds you gameplay concepts. Positives and negatives to it.

Seems like some of these “quality of life” improvements take a lot of the immersion out of it. Make it less of a gaming experience and more like a “sit on this conveyor belt and pick up this stuff that’s just lying on the ground (highlighted in yellow) and give us money (you stupid lazy morons)” exercise. I think it’s great that the carnivorous mobs attack me when I walk by and the herbivores don’t. Like how I can walk by a cow (unless I piss it off) but not a hungry bear in real life. I just spent about a half hour at lunch cutting open man-eating crocodiles in durotar looking for a medal their last meal was wearing so I could give it to the poor schmoe’s mom. Meant more to me than “saving the whole entire galaxy and the super cool afterlife space galaxy” in the first part of shadowlands. It’s like they switched from letting you work through and experience cool things to just telling you that you’re cool. I don’t exactly know who falls for that stuff but it seems pretty moronic to me. Classic is way more fun. And the dialog works.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.