Shadowlands non raid content is apparently a minigame for mythic raiders to abuse

it makes them money with the world first clears viewership, it’s millions in free advertisement and has been the only thing to really keep them in the streamers playlists past expansions release and beta ect

No, blizzard makes most of their money with cash grabs and shop items, just like every other mobile game, 5% of the player base spends 90% of the money. While few play mythic and the rest well unsubbed.

they shouldn’t balance the entire game around things that almost no one does. raiders always talk down to casuals about how it doesn’t hurt us in any way but entire classes are gutted because they’re too good in mythic raids. or the face for two expansions shadow was literally trash in every aspect of the game except mythic raiding. like in legion you had a much easier time doing WQ as HOLY vs shadow. let that sink in for a sec.

Benthic gear wasn’t necessarily “required” in Eternal Palace unless you were chasing meters/parses. It was the precursor to corruption, though it was at least balanced in that the gear was useless outside of Nazjatar/Eternal Palace if you had anything with a higher item level.

The only reason dailies and WQs were “mandatory” were to upgrade your Benthic gear for raid or to help catch your alt(s) up. If you didn’t raid (eg you did primarily M+), the gear had little value for you beyond vendoring/scrapping.

I might be wrong but if I remember correctly they actually start with mythic and then start scaleing down for each difficulty.

Well when you fail to support content properly you tend to remove interest in it.

Do you mean now? Because the people who would be interested in it dont have the gear and would have to spend literal months to catchup in PvE content to function in PvP

Do you mean during 8.3 when PvP was literally an RNGfiesta where whoever could proc their corruption first/the most wins?

Do you mean in the BFA expansion that had absolute dog :poop: for PvP balance that small groups (2-3 players) at launch that players were literally running in fear from Disc priests? Like this entire expansion has had near zero oversight for pvp

you mean the 2400 gear? Great! Good job getting to 2400 at anytime after the first few weeks before the PvEers get their stuff and statcheck you into inability to getting it.

1 Like

This is a pve based game. Pvp is a side game at best.

I disagree. Mythic is supposed to be the hardest challenge for the Raiding community to rally around. Because of teams like Method and Limit, World of Warcraft essentially gets free advertising on Twitch because of the World First race. A lot of people will shelf that there’s pretty much no importance to that but along with the release of an expansion or even Classic it’s one of the events that puts WoW as one of the top viewed games on the platform.

It would also be “in my opinion” a travesty if the hardest difficulty was taken down within the first few hours of its existence and that essentially becomes the norm. I remember the disappointment when Emerald Nightmare was cleared with ease. In my opinion, that would mean there’s really no buildup to bosses anymore because you can just backhand them the moment they’re released. They need challenging bosses for players to rise to. I did it back in Legion and still hold it very close to me as one of my biggest moments in the game.

In all honesty, I feel that either LFR should be removed and Normal should be the new queueable difficulty or vice versa if we’re actually talking about removing difficulties.

I think this is actually a brilliant solution. Every. Single. Activity. In the game, should reward currency and this currency can be spent on gear.

Wait, Really? Why?

pvp was the best thing in this game until legion it was treated like how cod treated multiplayer. It was the big part of endgame. I fully am against everything Ion has done to the game. All of tbc and wotlk there were more gladiator geared players than raiders. It’s this pve chore QQ game I hate,

they start with heroic and go from there. heroic is apparently the standard for what they want you to go for. which is why you get AOTC from it but nothing from normal raiding. normal raiding exists for reasons unknown. but i’m glad it does because i’m not good enough to progress heroic. XD

The PvP gear you’re talking about is the Honor gear, you can get Conquest gear from the vendor that starts at 190 and scales up. Plus you have your weekly box.

They haven’t established the rating requirements or really anything yet on the beta for conquest gear.

It should probably be lower, or even staggered per slot.

My entire point still stands. Templates could have worked if it set base stats were adjustable and nobody would have cared.

You really think they are going to deviate from the BFA model when they literally havnt gotten the xpac finished yet? I laugh at your optimism

Sure. People can choose not to do mythic+ dungeons, which in shadowlands are the only gearing path. People must gear up in mythic+ dungeons to do world quests.

Not having any content means people, that’s LOTS of people, are going to quit the game.

Your social engineering experiment will fail.

blizz made a booboo and assumed everyone wanted to get their alts into mythic raiding asap but in reality that just took content away from everyone because end game for most “good” players is actually progressing heroic raiding.

i was fully heroic raid geared working on normal uldir with my guild. that was… the start of the expansion.

A lot of people would have cared. The problem comes down to this being a RPG. Players in WoW have experienced the PvP gearing system and it came to a system that a vast majority liked in WoD. Players want to feel the weight of their gear in PvP the same way that players do in PvE. There’s no good reason to add templates to PvP.

None of this is true at all. You can do WQ in beta without touching a single dungeon.

After you reach the cap you can get some minimal gear from covenant dailies and stuff.

BFA was literally the only expansion in 16 years that gave out fairly good daily quest reward gear and somehow the game will collapse without it.

No it wasn’t the big part of the game actually raiding was .
PvP wasn’t big until BGs and Arenas arrived and that was a mainly a niche group that did that. Wpvp was dying for years that was part of the reason Warmode was created to see if 1: they could get more people into it and 2: Give people that were tired of being ganked on pvp servers but could not afford to server transfer multiple toons a way to opt out of pvp.