Shadowlands non raid content is apparently a minigame for mythic raiders to abuse

I have literally no idea what you’re trying to say…

You sound upset though

Are you actually going to provide some form of information to go along with this statement?

mythic raid geared people literally ruin casual pvp in all forms though. and it’s because raiders are too lazy to grind a pvp set. so pvp people who are trying to gear through pvp at at a direct disadvantage in pvp. i don’t care if pvp gear is ilevel 5 with nothing but pvp power on it as long as it’s BiS for pvp and mythic raid gear isn’t. that’s what you’re not understanding. no one but you guys cares about the ilevel of the gear.

100% false.

I would argue that corruption was the biggest ruiner of casual pvp.

there’s no need to, because blizzard - inexplicably - doesn’t currently distinguish between pvp and pve gear.

If they would put some pvp stat back in, or pvp set bonuses? then it would be a different story.

i addressed that in the rest of my response you didn’t bother to quote. and why didn’t you? because it doesn’t fit your narrative that all casuals are evil mythic raid loot desiring monsters who demand your precious mythic ilevel. that doesn’t impress anyone else but other nerds who meter maiden themselves on logs though. the rest of us just want to play the fun parts of the game without being forced into mythic raiding.

PvP isn’t balanced around unrated content. Again, a well geared mythic raider can still be taken out in PvP by someone who knows what they’re doing. You’re not likely to find that at irrelevant PvP levels, but gear will only carry them so far in rated matches.

If you’re trying to gear through PvP, you’re doing it wrong. Without PvP power or resilience as stats, all gear is PvP gear.

I mean, don’t blame the players here. Blizzard literally removed PvP vendors because “people said they were hard to find”.

Blizzard just doesn’t put much TLC into their PvP systems. It looks like they do on a surface level, but as soon as you do more than dabble into casual PvP you can see it very easily. This isn’t the fault of anybody but Blizzard, coming from a player who enjoys raiding, M+ and PvP fairly equally.

1 Like

Which is where Torghast comes in. Higher floors are more challenging and you’re not going to need the high end best in all the game gear to be able to complete it. I’m pretty sure m0 quality gear will suffice just fine and you can get that without even touching dungeons or pvp.

They’ve never really been the only top tier content, it’s just what Ralph wants people to believe. However, on that same note, I would have to say yes, just because any alternative that requires less players and effort to schedule to complete would, for lack of better words, make larger group content pointless. It’s unfortunately due to the rule of least resistance. If there is an easier option, people will take it.

Good thing you are not and like I said mythic + gear even at the top end should be lower then mythic raid gear.

Mythic raid you need 20 people to progress through multiple high end bosses usually taking weeks.

Mythic+ keys you gather up 4 friends to go with you and spam dungeons over and over possibly reaching your end goal in days and not weeks.

I choose to not do either but I still see mythic raiding as being the content that should have the greater reward.

Mythic raids are more mmorpg type content where as mythic + keys are more looter shooters.

not in mythic+ it shouldn’t. by not limiting it to skill you’re acknowledging that mythic raiders can’t compete in mythic+ without a gear advantage. lol

you think m+ success isn’t determined by skill?

you do not need mythic raid gear to complete* +15s, or even +20s.

*and by complete I mean in time.

What he is saying is that because the primary gameplay of wow has never been PvP, it’s fine to make it into a giveaway to mythic raiders.

In MDI all have equal gear and there are Mythic Raiders who outperform others who “just” do M+ all day. So where is your point now?

i have someone arguing with me who doesn’t raid or do mythic+ that raiders should have a huge gear advantage in mythic+ because they choose to raid. i’m arguing that BiS gear should come from the content that you’re doing. if someone gets BiS mythic gear that should be far and away the best gear for raiding. nothing should even come close. but i am also arguing the same for dungeon and pvp gear. you shouldn’t have to no life the entire game and potentially suffer from burn out because you’re forced to do everything just to do the things you actually want to do. i don’t think you as a raider should ever have to step foot into an arena unless you’re doing it for fun. it shouldn’t offer raiding upgrades for you.

Bfa was literally based on getting casuals high end gear. It focused on casuals so much more than world first raiders.

6 Likes

Why are you taking everything I say as some sort of personal attack? I did not say that m+ should not get mythic lvl gear, I think its deserving of it and that lowering the item lvl squish for the +15 was overboard. Hell give glad pvpers mythic gear but if all someone does is wq and heroic dungeon they don’t need it.

But to expand on your idea if that’s what you want then m+ gear should be lower in raid and pvp and the same with pvp gear in raids and m+.

You dont have to no life anything to get high end gear. Only way to implement what you are asking fir is to disable gear outside if its content. That will force people to have to no life things.

who?

yes, and you’re wrong

gear drops should be equal to the difficulty of the content. No, you should not get mythic raid quality gear for drawing circles, or feeding the hungry crabs, nor for doing random bg’s or heroic dungeons.

dude welcome to MMOs.

Advocating for separate pvp-specific gear that is better in instanced pvp than PvE gear is something I’d be 100% on board with.

1 Like

Gear is the only reason to do anything in this game. Sure as hell isn’t because the social aspect is enjoyable.