Shadowlands Mount Collection Achievements

I think they might have taken out mount achievements, in achievements, under the 3rd tab for Statistics for the character, under Character, there are only two things listed now instead of four and mounts isn’t listed there anymore. If you search for mounts, nothing shows either.

2 Likes

That would be unfortunate :frowning:

Any word on if these achieves will show up in 9.1?

1 Like

At this time there is no indication if Blizzard will add new mount collection achievements in Patch 9.1.

I’m really hoping there will be however. I’m starting to near 500 mounts on my Horde main character in-game!

I also checked wowhead and there was no mention there either at this time of new mount achievements being added in Patch 9.1. So guess we have to wait and see what happens.

3 Likes

I hope so, I need that validation in the form of more mounts.

The struggles.

3 Likes

Another thread reminded me of this one. Wanted to include some info from my reply here for visibility.

Blockquote
I agree as well and made a few posts about it. dataforazeroth (link below) gives an idea of where people are at with their collections. The top 43 people are at 600 or above so I think they should add 650 and even 700 since chances are the mounts will be reskins anyway. It would be cool to see those achieves become attainable and to watch the first people get them (and even better if they kept it going and added achieves quicker over time).

Blockquote
Here’s a few ideas for rewards
450 - green/fel version of grove defiler
500 - spectral shackled urzul
550 - red version of brutosaur (without vendors)
600 - white/black striped zulian tiger
650 - red glacial tidestorm
700 - icy/blue ashes of alar

Blockquote
and if they want a unique mount that fits the collection theme - a chariot pulled by 4 of your favorite mounts (even better, with the option to pick which 4 mounts)

Blockquote
Other reward options could be things like:
20% mount speed increase in world content
access to an island with your mounts on it. similar to a small garrison
access to a vendor that sells previous expansion bonus rolls for low amounts of gold

3 Likes

Does anyone at Blizz actually follow up or look at these posts? I feel like i’ve been putting in-game tickets into the suggestion tab and just general support tickets in-game for YEARS about this. Collectors are a HUGE part of the player base, why do they keep neglecting our needs? We’ve needed new tiers for mount collection ever since the middle of Legion. I personally have no other interest in WoW outside of collecting and I feel so let down by Blizz…

3 Likes

they don’t care, they can’t even get systemlands balanced and fun.

I dunno, everyday it seems less and less likely we will get anything in the near future.

1 Like

I will give them a little benefit of the doubt and figure they have discussed this and maybe have some reason to hold/cancel these achieves, even if we don’t agree with it. At the same time I think it’s relatively low impact (no player power tied to it) and likely very easy to implement, so I’m not sure why they haven’t done it.

My ideal scenario would be enough collection achieves added at each expansion release that even the top 100 collectors would only begin to get them late in that expansion. Makes it so there’s always something every collector can work toward, which also seems good from a game/business goal of keeping people engaged.

it’s not so difficult
blizz has seen big layoffs over the last year, they are severely understaffed and collectors are such a miniscule subset of players that we are at the bottom of the priority list (rightfully so even though it goes against my own interests)

I was a bit disappointed because indeed it’s not something that takes very long to implement, but when you have no time then even a little bit of time spent means you didn’t spend it on something more important

you can see from the way the expansion is designed that they are trying to make us play as much time for as little of their effort as possible (looking at you, ridiculously long lazy world quests)

Still a chance some of these could show up in a PTR build?

1 Like

The threads related to this topic are highly viewed and commented on relative to other posts in the achievements forum.

Kind of a head scratcher considering how simple it must be to add new ranks to an existing achievement with some unused recolored mount as the reward.

1 Like

I don’t see this tab in 9.1 Looks like they took away a lot of these?

4 Likes

Yeah they took it out and didn’t explain why.

3 Likes

That Sapphire Skyblazer sure would have made a cool and unique mount collection achievement reward.

nudge nudge

2 Likes

Maybe these can be added in a 9.1.5 patch?

3 Likes

The top collector currently has 652 character mounts.

If they’re going to do infrequent updates to these achieves, I hope they add achieves through 700/750 to hold people over until the next achieve update.

2 Likes

Hopefully with 9.1.5 we see something.

:horse:

3 Likes

Changes still happening pretty often on 9.1.5. PTR. Hopefully these achieves show up soon.

3 Likes

official 9.1.5 patch notes out…no luck. pretty unfortunate and disappointing for dedicated long-term collectors. Not sure why they’d avoid such a low effort addition for some of their most loyal customers

2 Likes