Shadowlands Mount Collection Achievements

9.2?

length

One day perhaps, when weā€™re dead.

3 Likes

With how many mounts weā€™re getting each patch now, they ought to be giving us an achievement every other patchā€¦

1 Like

Thatā€™s true, the increased # of mounts released each patch makes these achieves fall behind even faster. It would definitely be nice if they brought the current achieves up to date, but also kept up with them going forward.

This is my theory; donā€™t take it as factā€¦

I think they were holding back to make sure people donā€™t feel like they have to get cash shop, promotional or pvp mounts but that hasnā€™t been the case for along time, especially with SL bringing 100+? mounts. The only pvp mounts I have are the ones you can get from soloing and Iā€™ve been extremely lazy with SL mount farming but yet Iā€™m 587. I can see someone getting the 600 achievement without buying a single mount or pvping.

1 Like

I despise pvp, so I only have a few of the older mounts. Iā€™m up over 530 mounts, I have some of the store ones, but not many of them. Itā€™s entirely possible to get a large amount of mounts without doing either pvp or buying. Also, with tokens available in the AH you donā€™t even have to spend actual money to get the store mounts, I usually just buy a token or two when mounts are on sale and pick up ones I donā€™t have

1 Like

Honestly, I just donā€™t think it was a priority. Mount achievements have been behind the curve for several expansions - along w/ pets & toys. More mount-collecting achievements (and even little meta achievements similar to Awake the Drakes) would be so nice.

2 Likes

Agree 100%. I really enjoyed chasing Awake the Drakes.

ā€¦ well I say that now but IIRC I started to absolute hate Dragon Soul when I was trying to get the last one (Blazing.) But whatever, I would love more achievements like this :stuck_out_tongue:

How about something like Crazy Cat Lady part 2?

• Ban-Lu
  • Arcanist Manasaber
  • Swift Zulian Panther
  • Sandy, Umber and/or Kaldorei Nightsaber
  • Blue, Green and/or Red Shado-Pan Riding Tiger

Or All the Colors of the Wind

• Collect the 5 wind drakes (North, South, East, West and Four. Maybe throw the Stormwing in too?)

Come on, Blizz. Thereā€™s so many possibilities.

3 Likes

LOL. Blazing Drake was my last one as well. I was incredibly salty about it until I finally got it to drop - was my highest # attempt raid count mount (iirc, it was around 230 when it dropped). But my GOODNESS did it feel good when I finally got Blazing Drake + Awake the Drake meta.

I would 1000000% support that, definitely no bias as a girl who is obsessed with cats. :wink:

There 100% needed to be a wind drake achievement and WoW really missed a golden opportunity with that back in Cataclysm. Never too late to implement it though, yeah? cough

6 Likes

Hope we see some achieves in one of these 9.2 PTR builds

Will we see these achieves in 9.2.5? That would be nice

More mount collection achieves would be awesome. z

1 Like

I have heard one of their rationales is that they donā€™t want newer players to see a really cool reward with a huge time sink to get it. I think this reasoning is flawed for at least four reasons.

• having a very desirable ā€˜high endā€™ reward that players can strive for is exactly what made this game so engaging. Legendaries in vanilla, ashes of alā€™ar in bc, invincible in wrath, mythic level xmog/mounts/titles in current day game, Glad mounts, just to name a few.
  • Cutting Edge / HoF/ Gladiator all exist. These not only take a huge time sink but extreme dedication in and out of the game to gain the skills/knowledge/network needed to complete them. Glad mounts also go away and are unique/desirable.
  • Although I donā€™t have the figures to back this up, a 500+ mount collector is likely to be way more valuable from a business perspective than a new player. I have personally spent thousands of dollars over the years between accts and tokens. Iā€™d be surprised if most new players in 2022 even make it to 1 yr worth of sub time paid.
  • There are so many rewards, and specifically mounts, already. Is a cool looking 600 mount collection achieve really going to cause that much stress for new players? I wonder if they have any data to back up their claim that new players would see a 600 mount reward and quit because of it. Seems like a really weak excuse.

Iā€™ve said this in the past, but it appears the current dev team is tunnel visioned on this and many other topics. I have 0 hope anything will change until there are new people in decision making roles on the WoW team. 5

2 Likes

The new reward is a big improvement! Will gives the devs credit here, thank you!

While I would like to see a higher ceiling on these achieves next, this was a big step in the right direction.6