Shadowlands Mount Collection Achievements

Looks like nothing new with mount collection achieves in the latest beta build.

I took a look at when they announced the BFA mount collection achieves to get an idea of how long it took for them to be added to beta before.

350 mount achieve included in BFA beta - May 31, 2018
BFA release - Aug 14, 2018
75 day difference

Shadowlands release - Oct 27, 2020
75 days before SL release - Aug 13, 2020

Hopefully they still have plans to add these achieves in 9.0

1 Like

Hoping a lot to for mpre achives, a 600 would be nice as currently at 534 unique so would be something to work towards in SLā€¦ blizz really need to change mount collection total to reflect achievement tracking number. So many people just go off the tab without realisingā€¦

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t expect a new mount collection achieve until mid Shadowlands at the EARLIEST.

They have way too many things to work on and fix until then. Shadowlands launch is already going to be a huge trashfest of a launch with how much is still broken and/or bugging out on Beta. Iā€™d rather they spent time on fixing things and not on a mount collection achievement with less than 7 weeks until launch.

1 Like

they have 8 prior mount collection achieves to copy/paste from, so iā€™d imagine itā€™s minimal work to add another collection achieve. especially considering their track record of assigning reskins as the reward.

3 Likes

And the fact they just give us reskins for rewards.

1 Like

If Iā€™m not mistaken, Didnā€™t we get re-skins as rewards for each of the mount collection achieves so far? Just wanted to clarify.

4 Likes

Correct! :smiley:

3 Likes

I think theyā€™ve done a decent job with the reskin choices at least. Felfire hawk, iceshard infernal, frenzied feltalon are all cool imo.

Maybe theyā€™ll add the achieve(s) in the prepatch?!

2 Likes

Iā€™m really hoping that Blizzard implements an achievement for collecting both 450 and 500 mounts in either the pre-patch for Shadowlands or during the early part of the expansion.

However, At this time no such achievements have been added yet.

2 Likes

yep iā€™ve lost hope that they will add anything in prepatch. The comment around why should they when there is other stuff to fixā€¦ not much work to add the extra achievements in and will most likely give us a reskin anyway

1 Like

Agreed Feifei. Really disappointing.

I donā€™t know, I mean there are issues with core stuff from what I read. But the team Iā€™m sure just doesnā€™t 100% focus on one thing, 9 women canā€™t make a baby in a month. I assume they have people working on pet battles, fishing, secrets, mount quests etcā€¦ they must have a outlined what achievements they want for SL I guess itā€™s just if that has itā€™s own path or if its in a big bucket of stuff at the bottom.

1 Like

Iā€™d prefer they added something unique personally, at least for the 600 chieve. Iā€™d also want it to be a flying mount this time.

3 Likes

With the delay maybe thereā€™s some hope for these achieves to get added!

5 Likes

THAT would be amazing

1 Like

maybe the next beta build will include these achieves

Gosh, I hope so!

And while theyā€™re at delaying things. They can add some Archaeology to SL.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s still time!

All achievements need to actually be achievable by everyone in the current state of the game. A 700 mount achievement would require having many no longer obtainable mounts in order to get. I definitely would like to see a 500 mount achievement, and perhaps even a 600 mount achievement though.

1 Like

Maybe weā€™ll see these achieves in 9.1?