Shadowlands looks like WOD 2.0

But I agree with the OP when he sad that the professions are useless. Those who saw the first interaction of it on alpha will understand what I’m talking. There was a lot of optional reagents (like socket, damage for type of creature, swin speed…) for each gear piece, things that could be fun to do involving all professions. On top of that you could level up the gear to a ilvl of 200, the same as normal raid gear, with the crafters mark IV, after you get it from a exalted rep. I don’t know why they removed it, this would never broke the game.

6 Likes

Nope not really. Raid is the end all, be all, and any toon not pushing M Nathria will be a joke. Weekly chest alone. Does. Not. Cut. It.

4 Likes

I am so tired of seeing this “argument”. Elite players didn’t force anyone’s hand. Players knew $*** was broke, Blizz knew $*** was broke. They’re peeling back some of the rng and leaving it to player agency. Blizz didn’t delay the launch “cUz eLitE pLayErs”.

Also, get your arguments together: are you complaining about Shadowlands systems or the pre-patch? Pick a lane.

4 Likes

let us not forget that unlocking best pvp gear will require doing rep grinds to up your covinant level to be able to buy the pvp gear at any ilvl, esp the best ones, so

Time Gating on pvp gear up into multiple weeks

if that is the gearing scheme, then raiders should have to have similar rep with their covenant to enter even normal raids and even more rep to enter mythic raids

M+ could have a pathfinder time gated unlock to run them too.

Bliz does not understand the rpg mmo player base

8 Likes

I hope not. A lot of us thought BFA was WOD 2.0 :blush:

2 Likes

You are so right man. I want to play world of warcraft but I do not want my entire weeks schedule to revolve around raiding. It boggles my mind how so so many people dont get that. Why cant people log in and play meaningful content when they want, without timegates or crafting restrictions. I mean its totally an rpg element to craft useful gear to name one thing. Plus dude I really dont like raiding consistantly with people anymore but i dont mind dungeons, ques or world groups.

11 Likes

Actually your entire week will be focused on m+ to get a better gear to raid, like it was on legion and bfa.

1 Like

most normal mythic raid teams i have been apart of just did the weekly chest, heroic raid and progressed mythic raid then logged the flip out. Which is all Shadowlands is going to be again.

1 Like

So find a guild that will do m+ all day 24/7? Problem resolved. If you want to do it just do it. It’s not a raid or day expansion if you don’t want.

Nothing you said was realistic or accurate. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

No, he was right when he sad “crafting is pointless outside of legendary crafting”.

4 Likes

If you wont do the harder content you dont need or deserve the better gear

8 Likes

I mean Blizz has made it fairly clear that with the removal of the horrid RNG loot system, they’re reducing the amount of loot thrown at us across the board. They’ve also made it clear that means anything that would give you Mythic-raid level loot is not going to happen unless gated behind a weekly lockout as Mythic raids are.

Would you rather they bring back badges? So instead of 1 guaranteed Mythic raid piece a week every single week, you can get one every 4 weeks up until you’ve run out of things to buy from the vendor? Or we want to go back to Valor vendors where you had to rep farm & VP farm to get a normal (Now heroic) piece every couple weeks?

1 Like

If you do harder content you dont need the gear your good at the game, bad players need the gear. Or do elite playes actually care about the gear? I thought it wasnt about the gear for elite players. I am confused. I want rpg power progression outside of raiding.

2 Likes

And you have it with m+

This is just stupid you can’t be serious

bad players should earn their gear like everyone else.

This isn’t the game for you then

8 Likes

I agree with you. I loved titanforing and RNG loot - I do not like the grind that is the result of deterministic loot.

I hate the fact if you don’t do dungeons you handicap yourself in almost every aspect of Shadowlands.

3 Likes

A reaction to identity politics and an ailing economy? Blizz is getting deep.

3 Likes

Oh I already know the answer. I just like seeing that same argument come up saying you dont need the gear elite players do for progression. Yall sockpuppet that arguement well even though we all know the truth. haha

2 Likes

The truth is your too lazy or bad to do the work to get the gear so you come to cry on the forums.

4 Likes