Shadowlands looks like WOD 2.0

RNG loot encouraged even more grinding than deterministic loot systems? What?

3 Likes

World quests in Shadowlands are extremely time consuming and you get very little rewards from them.

2 Likes

Na bro you just sockpuppet an arguement. Google Dunning Kruger effect.

1 Like

It didn’t for me. I just played the game and I never expected to get titanforged gear because I was doing world content so it wasn’t reasonable to feel I could ‘grind’ for it. It was just a really nice surprise when I got a piece.

3 Likes

I agree with you.

1 Like

Dear diary, today on the internet I met a troll. Count my lucky stars, because what are the chances? His name was worm-something, and he wasn’t great at it, but god did he try.

Sincerely, that one guy who still writes in a diary in 2020.

2 Likes

Remember calling someone a troll doesnt actually make them a troll this aint disneyland brotha.

2 Likes

So grinding WQ’s or rares hoping you get some RNG proc isn’t grinding, but having the ability to target specific loot and only do content that gives you what you need is grinding.

Aight then

4 Likes

I would say both would be preferred but that is just me.

Thankfully Blizzard seems to have stopped listening to the crowd begging for more RNG for the sake of making them feel like doing WQ’s is some sort of feat

2 Likes

I am not grinding them though. All I did with world quests is do the emissaries for gear - took 15 minutes a day or so and it was nice and relaxing to do as well.

1 Like

Yes they don’t like money. I am sure less money to pay for your raid content is a good thing.

3 Likes

The sockpuppets will never get it.

1 Like

The gear argument always confused me. It makes sense that the best gear comes from the hardest content. If one doesn’t wish to do the hardest content what do they need the best of the best equipment for?

5 Likes

So your entire qualification of it being a grind is that it takes more than 15 minutes to do? Got it. Thankfully it seems they’re done trying to cater to the crowd that has little interest in actually playing the game outside of 15-30 minutes a day.

Go on now, let’s see your numbers showing that they’d make more money continuing down a route that landed the game in the state that 8.3 was compared to going back to design choice of expansions past

3 Likes

OP was correct in comparing Shadowlands to WoD. Both were expansions that were the result of them catering to raiders. We all know how WoD turn out in terms of sub numbers. People blamed that on WoD having no content. Shadowlands has lots of content but the question remains will people like me want to do it. I don’t - I have no intention of buying Shadowlands.

2 Likes

Looks more like BfA 2.0 to me.

Noone wants the best gear for nothing and noone is arguing against the best item levels coming from hardest content. Give us crafting or something we can do in the open world to come close to it. Make it grindy or whatever but a lot of us like to chill and play wow. Basically we are just not going to play if they dont and ofc a lot of people are ok with that.

3 Likes

Its more like Legion 2.0

1 Like

I agree with you on crafting, it is broken. It should be streamlined and a source for decent leveling and pre-raid gear.

6 Likes