Shadowlands is lacking player agency so far

Rewards are probably the most important part of content. Once there is no more meaningful rewards to pursue the game becomes boring. People quit at that point. RP is great and all but I’d rather have a reason to play then have some good story reason for things to exist. I personally will only play shadowlands for as long as I am able to progress my loot. Once I hit my personal cap i’ll be done. If i feel that time is too short I won’t buy the next expansion if the loot system doesn’t change.

I feel you’ll have the same amount of content that I have. since content is divised in difficulties. With titanforging it made players that wanted to push content farm lower difficulty of content because that was the best way to get more power and that’s wrong for me.

I’d say they are an integral part of the content, they are great to make players participate and like you said having an end to them makes it clear for you that you can stop there. And I think that’s totally fine, you shouldn’t burn yourself farming the same content for too long just to get the rewards.

With the way titanforging worked I don’t see how pushing lower content tiers made sense. Sure you might get the loot with a little bit less effort but it’d take considerable amounts of more total time to get to completion. Harder content got that titanforge level to max much more commonly. I don’t understand where this weird misinformation comes from that all the casual content was some massive pinata for Titanforges. It was not. I played for a fair amount this year and still didn’t receive all the best loot i Could have… well not until they removed titanforging for the crappy corruption system.

Yes I don’t think we will see a deep story focus in wow anyday. First they probably don’t know how. Second, I’m not even sure the majority of players would care when I see some of them trying FF14 and critizing the heavy story focus. Third, it probably cost too much to fix the wow story and to innovate it to a level with tons of minor storylines.

People spammed M+ for titanforged gear equivalent to mythic, did their heroic raiding clear each week even if the base ilvl wasn’t an upgrade. I’m in that sphere. I used in legion to have more pieces from M+ than from the raid, and that’s with raids having tier pieces xd

I actually like the corruption system gameplay wise because of the negative effects, but sure the balance of that system is horrible.

But in the end, titanforging made a simple system into a lottery, because you did content basicly only for the titanforged and that’s sad, because the easier content would give you upgrades equivalent to what the harder content would drop. So the harder content would have to warforge/titanforge to be an upgrade. There’s just so much dominos effect.

Oh no. I like the trade off for the corruption stuff as well personally. When I said terrible I meant more from a personal stand point because it removed the ability of me really getting a better version. Titanforging was a better carrot. My main concern is that as a casual player going forward there will be too much stick and not enough carrot. I remember life in Vanilla, and TBC, and wasnt’ really fond of either. I was Okayish with WoTLK but tbh that was only because some guild decided to pick me up as their healer toward the end of the expansion. I was a disc priest and really was only used for the DK fight because of my bubbles. Was kind of cool, although that experience also left a pretty bad taste in my mouth when i got replaced by the raid leaders GF after I done all the work progressing -.- But still Justice points and pvp was good enough to progress gear in alternative methods during that point in time so I still didn’t feel like my cap was reached too easily . Now days all the pvp gear though is also obtained via group content only so =/

Tagent breaking here. More or less The concern lies in that the carrot simular to TBC/Vanilla/MoP days will be too small and there will be a rather long stick to get to the juicy reward I want.

I want OG talent trees and I welcome the consequences of my choices.

1 Like

Hail brother, and may the talent tree come back someday. I miss my old love.

2 Likes

Making a big meaningful 50 gold investment, when a lot of people in Classic nowadays have thousands of gold. The game isn’t played the same way, while I liked og talent trees, the cost of switching them wouldn’t make sense nowadays.

as we know from Warcraft III reforged, Blizzard, given extra time to fix the game can’t do it. They delayed the game and it still came out to be a trainwreck.

1 Like

wc3 reforged, that was a mess and probably the first refund of a video game I did. I don’t remember doing this before.

Cool. Then don’t buy it. If it’s going to be a trainwreck then find something to do with your time that you enjoy. It’s really that easy.

Yes. But I’m leaning towards the tbc or wrath days where you specced into one and half. And I wouldn’t be opposed to making switching “harder”, because I personally wouldn’t be switching [as much] with that type of commitment to my choices and consequences.
Potentially giving 3 viable [unique] builds per class.

must have struck a nerve by a mere assertion.

2 Likes

That is because Blizzards worst enemy is them second guessing themselves. Everytime they do it something gets cut, or changed in a disgusting way. Sometimes they need to stop changing crap so much and just freaking stick with something.

Yay goold old days when you could basicly splash into another spec and dks could tank and dps as any spec.

1 Like

nah, you didn’t. If it wasn’t for people raging at the game I probably wouldn’t be on the forum. I enjoy watching.

I enjoy your support? I guess? xd

https://i.imgflip.com/1rv3v9.jpg

2 Likes

not even close. lol