Shadowlands is a Top 3 Expansion of WoW

Someone said this to me today on Retail and I had mo clue if they were being serious or not.

They went on this whole rant about how covenants and legendaries were a good system, how Torghast gave the game replay value and how great the art and sound was in this xpac.

This kinda made me think, are we being too harsh on Shadowlands?

6 Likes

Yeah, well, that’s like, you know, your opinion, man.

46 Likes

No SL was terrible lol.

66 Likes

They say that because Legion was their first xpack.

27 Likes

WoD rates higher on my list than Shadowlands. I never thought that would be possible.

37 Likes

As someone who didn’t even buy the expansion until it was basically over (9.2.5 for the B.Elf Heritage Part 2), the only thing I actually enjoyed was Torghast. I liked seeing how beefy I could make my pet. It sucks that they made it mandatory content by tying it to Legendaries, because I know there were LOTS of players who hated running it.

Everything else, even with all the catch-up mechanics, was trash.

2 / 10. Worse than WOD, imho.

13 Likes

As per WoD, any expansion that only has 2 major patches is automatically bad.

Taking into account that Blizzard themselves conceded the expansion in favour of just moving onto DF as per WoD into Legion, so they themselves believe it is bad instantly puts it in the bottom 3.

Shadowlands had a lot of good changes from BfA and that can’t really be over looked, but on the whole it still suffered from alot of the same problems that modern WoW has held onto for years now.

6 Likes

Shadowlands turned the WoW universe into factories pumping out automas.

Nuff sed

9 Likes

Top fails I keep hearing is BfA, Cata and SL.

3 Likes

I mean, I generally agree with most of that list, except I dislike how legendaries work (I prefer how they were up through MoP, more exclusive to a couple classes/specs and not required/expected for everyone) and Torghast just suffered from having legendary currency grind attached to it. Shadowlands quests had some pretty excellent story and character beats, not counting the Jailer. The vast amount of cosmetic grinds it introduced made me positively gleeful. We had the expansion of character creation options (though sad that it seems like they’re not gonna be working on this more). Castle Nathria and Sepulcher were genuinely great raids with many excellent boss fights.

So I’d personally be on the side of SL has been a pretty good expansion for me. It’s not the best ever, but I’ve enjoyed it.

4 Likes

lol…

lololololol…

lolololololololololololol…

7 Likes
7 Likes

Judging by how little I played and how obviously bad we knew it was going to be before it launched, I would emphatically answer: No.

2 more days!

And thank God we had Classic.

4 Likes

Can’t be serious. Just can’t be. Bwahahahaha … “catches breathe” … bwhahaha. :rofl:

Funniest thing I’ll read today, guaranteed.

1 Like

SL was the worst ever. EVER.

4 Likes

No multilayered onion system power systems suck and have way too much busy work and designed for no lifers that say “ok I got all the gear now see you next patch”.

2 Likes

I put it somewhere in the middle. Definitely above BfA and Warlords.

2 Likes

Shadowlands wasnt my favorite but my god did i love Torghast

4 Likes

Oribos was ugly and the music was not very good this xpac. Revendreth music and art was amazing though. Torghast was blah. Dungeons were decent. PvP wasn’t the best. The systems were sooooooooo bad. My least favorite xpac so far and I’ve been in since wrath

3 Likes

They are welcome to have that take, but that’s definitely a take.

1 Like