New baseline abilities
- Arcane Shot: A quick shot that causes Arcane damage. 30 focus cost, instant cast, no cooldown.
- Steady Shot: A steady shot that causes Physical damage. Usable while moving. 0 focus cost,1.8 sec cast, no cooldown.
- Kill Shot: You attempt to finish off a wounded target, dealing Physical damage. Only usable on enemies with less than 20% health.
- Tranquilizing Shot: Presumably it removes 1 enrage and 1 magic effect on a cooldown (details unknown).
- Hunter’s Mark: Apply Hunter’s Mark to the target, increasing all damage you deal to the marked target by 5%. The target can always be seen and tracked by the Hunter. Only one Hunter’s Mark can be applied at a time.(focus gain on target death is removed).
- Eyes of the Beast: Controls your pet for some time (details unknown).
- Scare Beast: Scares a beast, causing it to run in fear for up to 20 sec. Damage caused may interrupt the effect. Only one beast can be feared at a time.
- Wing Clip: Maims the target, reducing movement speed by 50% for 15 sec. Costs 30 focus. (Appears to be replaced by Concussive Shot for BM and MM, but this is unclear).
Changes to existing baseline abilities
- Most AoE spells are now capped to a certain number of targets. This applies to most specs in the game and the cap changes from spell to spell. The exceptions seem to be Stomp, Stampede, Volley, and Wildfire Bomb. More in the spec-specific sections.
- The way certain spells interact with ranks during levelling has been changed. For example, the rank of Disengage that made it take 10 fewer seconds to cool down is now gone and the effect is baked into the base ability. They are also changing/removing some baseline characteristincs, such as Arcane Shot’s focus cost and Rapid Fire’s focus gain and moving them onto levelling perks. More on that in the next section.
- Narrow Escape for Disengage seems to be returning in some form. This was a talent from MoP and WoD that made Disengage root targets around you when you used it. Presumably it’s a talent but it’s not clear where this falls in the talent tiers.
- Misdirect is now reverting to an earlier version such as that in MoP where when you use it on a target it doesn’t activate until you start attacking, effectively giving you more leeway between when you cast it and when you start attacking.
- Revive Pet now has a 6-second cast time, up from 2 seconds.
- All Hunters will have their stable size significantly increased (exact number unknown).
- All pet dispells are being removed due to the addition of Tranquilizing Shot.
- Kyrian: Resonating Arrow: Fire a resonating arrow to the target location that fills the area with echoing anima for 10 sec. The effect causes your attacks to ignore line of sight to enemies in the area, and you have 30% increased critical strike chance against them.
- Venthyr: Flayed Shot: Fire a shot at your enemy, causing them to bleed for Shadow damage over 20 sec. Each time Flayed Shot deals damage, you have a 15% chance to gain Flayer’s Mark, causing your next Kill Shot to be usable on any target, regardless of their current health.
- Necrolord: Death Chakram: Throw a deadly chakram at your current target that will rapidly deal (50% of Attack power) Shadow damage up to 7 times, bouncing to other targets if they are nearby. Each time the chakram deals damage, its damage is increased by 15% and you generate 3 Focus.
Night Fae: Wild Spirits: Summon a Wild Spirit at the target location that applies Wild Mark to all enemy targets below it for 15 sec.
While the Wild Spirit is active, each damaging ability you use against a target affected by the Wild Mark calls forth a spirit beast to strike your target for Nature damage.
Anima Powers (Torghast)
These enhancements are available while progressing through Torghast which is like the “Horrific Visions” of Shadowlands. You can unlock these as you go along.
- Assassinate: Kill Shot has a 25% chance to instantly kill the target.
- Bursting Tar: Tar Trap radius Increased by 100%.
- Constricted Movement: Enemies affected by any of your traps deal 25% less damage for 10 sec.
– Marksmanship: Rooting a target with Binding Shot increases your critical strike chance by 100% and critical damage by 100% for 15 sec.
– Beast Mastery, Survival: Stunning a target with Intimidation increases your critical strike chance by 100% and critical damage by 100% for 15 sec.
- Death Deceiver: Feign Death cooldown reduced by 15.0 sec, and Feign Death now removes most negative status effects from yourself.
- Deflected Gaze: The target of your Misdirection has all of their damage increased by 20% while your Misdirect is active.
- Focus Fire: Hunter’s Mark now increases damage the target takes from all sources by an additional 10%.
- Hardened Turtle Shell: Aspect of the Turtle no longer prevents you from attacking, and its duration is increased by 100%.
– Beast Mastery: When choosing this power, and at the start of each new floor, gain the effects of Bestial Wrath for 60.0 sec.
– Marksmanship: When choosing this power, and at the start of each new floor, gain the effects of Trueshot for 60.0 sec.
– Survival: When choosing this power, and at the start of each new floor, gain the effects of Coordinated Assault for 60.0 sec.
– Beast Mastery: The damage of your next Barbed Shot is increased by 20% when you break an Ashen Phylactery. Stacks up to 100 times.
– Marksmanship: The damage of your next Steady Shot is increased by 20% when you break an Ashen Phylactery. Stacks up to 100 times.
– Survival: The damage of your next Kill Command is increased by 20% when you break an Ashen Phylactery. Stacks up to 100 times.
- Ignition: If you launch a Flare into your Tar Trap, all enemies inside of the Tar Trap will burn for Fire damage every 2 sec for 12 sec.
- Inner Beast: Aspect of the Cheetah cooldown reduced by 30.0 sec.
- Killer Instinct: Kill Shot damage increased by 20%.
- Natural Protection: The target of your Misdirection takes 90% reduced damage while your Misdirect is active.
- Natural Resources: Exhiliration cooldown reduced by 20.0 sec.
- Nimble Defender: Disengage reduces all damage you take by 50% for 10 sec.
- Petrified Pet Food Ashen Phylacteries have a 10% chance to contain some Petrified Pet Food when destroyed. Consuming Petrified Pet Food will increase your pet’s size by 100% and damage by 20% for 15 sec.
– Beast Mastery: Duration of Bestial Wrath increased by 20%.
– Survival: Duration of Coordinated Assault increased by 20%.
– Marksmanship: Duration of Trueshot increased by 20%.
– Beast Mastery, Marksmanship: Your first Concussive Shot against a target now roots them in place for 5.0 sec.
– Survival: Your first Wing Clip against a target now roots them in place for 5.0 sec.
- Scaredy Rat: If you use Scare Beast on a Mawrat, it will die after 3 sec.
- Speedy Retreat: Disengage increases your movement speed by 3%, permanently, stacking up to 30 times.
- Sticky Tar: Tar Trap snares the target by an additional 15%.
- Strategic Trapping: Disengage drops a random trap from where you leap from, and where you land.
– Marksmanship: Aimed Shot damage increased by 30%.
– Beast Mastery, Survival: Kill Command damage increased by 30%.
- Tactical Retreat: Disengage cooldown reduced by 4.0 sec.
- Trap Mastery: Dropping any trap increases you and your pet’s damage by 25% for 10 sec.
There are some ability modifications that have been datamined and appear to be perks gained while levelling. These include:
– Cobra Shot: Cobra Shot deals 100% increased damage (may already exist in game)
– Pack Tactics: Passive Focus generation increased by 100%.
– Arcane Shot: Focus cost reduced from 30 to 15.
– Rapid Fire: Each shot of Rapid Fire now generates 1 Focus.
– Steady Shot: Steady Shot now generates 10 Focus.
– True Aim: Arcane Shot and Multi-Shot damage increased by 25%.
– Wildfire Bombs: Wildfire Bomb deals 25% additional damage.
– Wing Clip: Wing Clip Focus cost is reduced by 10.
N.B. Some of these are baseline effects moved to perks, such as the Arcane Shot, Rapid Fire, and Steady Shot changes. If you are max level you shouldn’t feel anything different from these v.s. live servers. It’s unclear whether these are spec-specific.
Some earlier levelling ranks are being removed and in most cases their effects are baked into the baseline ability. These include:
- Cobra Shot: Cost reduced by 10 focus.
- Disengage: Cooldown reduced by 10 sec.
- Raptor Strike: Damage increased by 40%.
- Coordinated Assault: While Coordinated Assault is active, Kill Command’s chance to reset is increased by 25%
Cobra Shot’s final focus cost on the alpha is 45 focus so for this instance it seems the entire effect of the spell rank hasn’t been incorporated into the baseline ability.
- Beast Cleave is now capped at 5 targets.
- Multi-Shot is now capped at 5 targets.
- Spirit Mend is being nerfed.
- Bloodshed: Command your pet to tear into your target, causing your target to bleed for some damage over 18 sec and increase all damage taken from your pet by 15% for 18 sec. 60 second cooldown. Replaces Spitting Cobra (tier 7).
- Scent of Blood: Activating Bestial Wrath grants 2 charges of Barbed Shot (old design removed).
- Spitting Cobra : When Bestial Wrath ends, summon a Spitting Cobra to aid you in combat for 15 sec. Each Cobra Shot used during Bestial Wrath increases the damage this Spitting Cobra deals by 10%. Replaces Venomous Bite (tier 4).
- Venomous Bite has been removed.
- Aspect of the Beast now also buffs pet healing by 30% in addition to its damage abilities.
- Dire Beast now costs no focus, down from 25 focus.
- Stampede is now a 2-minute cooldown, down from 3 minutes.
- Barrage is limited to 8 targets.
- Multi-Shot is now capped at a certain number of targets (not stated what the number is for MM).
- Binding Shot is now baseline for MM. It’s still a talent option for the other two.
- Dead Eye: Kill Shot has 2 charges, and causes Aimed Shot to recharge 50% faster for 3 sec. Replaces Barrage (tier 6).
- Binding Shackles Targets rooted by Binding Shot deal 20% less damage to you for 8 sec after the root effect ends. Replaces Binding Shot (tier 5).
- Chimera Shot: Same as the BM version. It is now available to both BM and MM via talents. Replaces Hunter’s Mark (tier 4).
- Volley : Rain a volley of arrows down over 6 sec, dealing Physical damage to any enemy in the area, and gain the effects of Trick Shots for as long as Volley is active. Instant cast, 45-second cooldown. Replaces Piercing Shot (tier 7)
- Master Marksman: Aimed Shot has an additional 25% chance to deal a critical strike (old design removed).
- Piercing Shot has been removed.
- Barrage is now a tier 2 talent in place of Volley. It is limited to 8 targets.
- Explosive Shot is limited to 6 targets.
- Hunter’s Mark is now baseline for all specs. It no longer grants focus when your target dies.
- Mastery: Spirit Bond: Nerfed to 13% increased damage from Focus-spending abilities, down from 16%.
- Carve now only damages up to 5 targets.
- Hydra’s Bite: Serpent Sting damage over time increased by 20% up from 10%.
- Butchery: 88% of attack power up from 80%, limited to 5 targets.
- Steel Trap: 200% attack power up from 120%.
- Tip of the Spear (25% increased Raptor Strike damage per stack, up from 20%).
- Flanking Strike: 30 sec cooldown down from 40 sec.
- Chakrams: 15 focus cost down from 30.