Shadowlands has strong Horde Potential

The Horde has no such characters.

1 Like

Did you read Before the Storm? That’s probably the best glimpse into civilian life for the Forsaken I can give. At the very least you can say they exist and do have concerns outside of war and serving Sylvanas, that was the reason the council existed after all.

1 Like

Thrall, thalryssia, romath, talaji, loas they do

Thrall :rofl:

What can Rommath even do?

Everything jaina can do probably, blizzard said Jaina is the most powerful Human mage, they never ranked any of the other races mages with her or ranked anyone tbh

Thrall is just a warrior now, or had you not notice. They got got nerfed hard. Thalyssra I’ll “maybe” give you, but she’s never been potrayed as having even close to the amount of power Jaina has. Rommath who? The guy who never has a role in nearly the entire WoW franchise? Talaanji? Well, no one is arguing that she’s not likely to be one of our more powerful members.

So 
 three characters if we’re being generous? Talaanji, Thalyssra, and Rommath. Two newcomers and a character who’s never involved in anything.

So warriors in this game can do crazy things, grom one shotted a demon lord, varian killed a fel reaver with one shot too.

Didn’t the leader of the council herself have questions about their continued existence

That doesnt mean you dont have them, which was your argument, YOU DO HAVE POWERFUL Characters, blizzard just doesnt use them and you ignored the loa, you know the wild gods that help the horde trolls, which btw have been shown to be more helpful to the horde than the nelf wild gods.

Yeah? When? When is the last time a warrior, hunter, or rogue ever been allowed to be actually effectual in this game? Oh, AU Grom in a single cinematic and a Wild God empowered Varian? They’re worthless against casters.

In legion lol

Yeah I think so. She at least thought they should have the choice to die.

I’m arguing against poor motivation like Stormheim. If Sylvanas wasn’t coincidentally harassing allied forces at the time of Greymanes’ attack, we wouldn’t be having this discussion because I’d be taking her side on this matter.

Yet here we all are.

In the vacuum of Sylvanas attempting to enslave Eyir, Greymane would he in the wrong and we wouldn’t be having this discussion cuz I’d just leave you a /upvote instead.

However, due to the fact that enslaving Eyir, our ally against the Legion, is exactly what Sylvanas was doing, Greymanes’ less than ideal timing for his vengeance is vindicated imo.

I agree with you, Greymanes’ timing is less than ideal. However, his intent is more than justified, having lost half of his life to this one person.

Yeah, cuz anything that resembles moral stability within the Horde to them that doesn’t involve justifying and commending Sylvanas’s “pragmatism”, is apparently an insult to their “edgy” and “dark” nature. They can’t stand the idea that Sylvanas simply doesn’t work as Warchief of the Horde unless it involved a relatively quick and heavy metamorphose of her entire characterization.

The whole “ruthless”, “pragmatic”, and “aloof” anti-hero that people have loved since WC3 simply doesn’t work in a position that requires an altruistic mindset. A leader who values their people and their well-being above all else, not as “arrows in their quiver” or a “bulwark against the infinite”. The Horde is not about Sylvanas, the Horde is not about about its’ Warchief, the Horde is about its’ people. The Warchief is a symbol, a defender of their people. It is a position of great respect which requires that respect to be returned to the people they lead. That’s what made Thrall such a great Warchief, that’s what made Vol’jin a potentially better Warchief than Thrall.

4 Likes

Well then, wouldn’t the best possible punishment for them be for them to be disappointed? Maybe they’ll bail and go play Warhammer or something.

The Horde is about cycling between genocidal and “good”.

1 Like

the story is just meant to happen, not to punish players or make them feel good, I dont feel punished cause teld burned, but thats just me what people do with there 15 dollars isnt up to me, but if they come here to complaint on the fourms, its my right to complaint right back.

Yeah, they don’t use them. Thats the problem. Also, its genuinely shocking to me right now that the Shaman Faction doesn’t have a single powerful representation of a Shaman in it? Outside “maybe” Muln? Rommath should be the one that is front and center for any Kael’thas activity in the Shadowlands, but you just know that Blizz is going to Liadrin the crap out of that.

Also, back to the tangent at hand 
 what would you do with the Forsaken? It is great to say that you want to remove elements about them you don’t like, but traditionally you do need to replace what you remove with something 
 or all you’ll be left with is an empty, shallow husk. And no, Calia Menethil is not a good solution, as she essentially invalidates everything about them except the fact that they were once citizens of Lordaeron. Which 
 considering there is nothing about the Forsaken you seem to like; and there is nothing about their racial fantasy you believe salvageable; is probably part of why you seem to like her.

1 Like

That (and the little mass suicide ritual there) is kinda where I’m getting at. Since the Forsaken as a faction existed primarily as arrows in Sylvanas Quiver, I feel like the majority would likely be either part of the military (Deathguard, Deathstalkers, etc) or adjacent professions (Weaponsmiths, Leatherworkers, Apothecaries
)

shrugs Well now they have no Sylvanas and all the time in the world to discover who they are without her. Knowing Blizzard they’ll go right back to being the monsters they claim everyone discriminates against them for being.

Why? Not every alliance race has super heroes, so you rather keep the blight rather than give character development to your characters that need it? Like I said powerlevels do not matter, the forsaken will still win whatever blizzard wants them to win, if I was forsaken I would give up the blight a million times over if it meant a forsaken character got the spotlight over it.