Shadowlands has strong Horde Potential

Umm, no, it isn’t because I’m telling you it isn’t. My dislike for Sylvanas has no bearing on the argument I provided above.

The people who’d tag me “red Alliance” are “loyalists” and those who’d choose Sylvanas over the faction itself, of course they’ll label me as such, that’s news to no one Jellex.

I simply think in this particular case that Greymane is, like, 95% justified in his actions and it doesn’t help Sylvanas’s case that she was tampering with Odyns’ prime Val’kyr.

And the usual argument is that; “Oh, but Odyn’s a jerk anyways.”

Like, yeah, Odyns a jerk but he was helping us fight the Legion and that doesn’t make bargaining with Helya, who actively hindered our quest for the Aegis, and enslaving Eyir, who’s job it is to make immortal soldiers to serve Odyn in defense of Azeroth, beneficial to the war effort against the Legion.

2 Likes

Remember when the horde was a faction of the unwanted who banded together for survival, I suppose wanting peace and just to be left alone makes you alliance these days lol

It’s more that the Horde is starved for motivation and you’re arguing against it.

6 Likes

Was Helya even paying attention to our quest for the Aegis, seemed like she was just against anyone leaving Helheim at all.

EDIT: Heck, our entire quest for the Aegis is basically just doing work for Odyn, including putting us directly against his hated enemy.

1 Like

I think you’re confusing Genn’s second assault (when Sylvanas was enslaving Eyir) with his initial first attack on the ships. He attacked Forsaken fleet without any knowledge what Sylvanas was up to.

It honestly feels futile to argue about it now that Blizz retconned the single event that gave Horde a shred of justification, by making Broken Shore planned by Sylvanas.

10 Likes

Not true the alliance have a quest in azuna that tells them that sylvanas is up to no good

Look man, I was all on the concept that having Sylvie as Warchief was going to backfire on the Red Faction … but even I recognize that in the case of Genn in Stormheim, a positive result does not equate to a justified intent. His original assault on her was totally fueled by a personal grudge.

He had at best he vaguest notion that she was doing something shifty in that region, but nothing concrete. The dude essentially just stumbled into a positive conclusion, but had he actually succeeded in taking her out … the second Warchief in a tiny fragment of time … lets just say that it would have probably been a good thing that you could have written the Horde out of the Legion story without changing a thing. The Red Faction would have been down and out.

As for the “Red Alliance” thing. Generally I see that argument whenever people are opposed to the notion that the Horde become a stable, healthy, functional faction. One that actually makes sense beyond the need for game mechanics to maintain it. One that doesn’t just nonsensically tolerate those that are clearly exploiting the Faction and even their own race solely for personal gain.

3 Likes

he was justified in his attack because sylvi KILLED HIS SON is not hard to understand.

Yeah … there is a time and place for revenge, and taking a potshot at the newly appointed, replacement leader of one of the World’s Two Superpowers for what amounted to a personal grudge during a full blown Legion Invasion … lets be nice and call it “missing the forest because of the trees”. He got lucky the outcome came without consequences, and generally positive … but Genn and Roger’s actions there were monstrous.

9 Likes

I save that designation for people who side with the Alliance’s needs over the Horde. In this case, trying to argue that Genn was justified, i apply it without hesitation.

3 Likes

Sorry, Lorna literally claims that they don’t know what Sylvanas is up to after the attack on the fleet and figures it out right before the second assault, and after Genn already went after Sylvanas into the vault.

8 Likes

Ahh fair enough. And yeah, even I wont state the Genn was justified with the stunt he pulled in Stormheim. I don’t mind the outcome so much, but that is a different matter I suppose.

1 Like

They know she is up to something, sigh, I really wish more horde players played both factions I feel like alliance players are more likely to have alts on horde side than horde.

If genn killed Sylvanas, he just saved the world from two xpacs

Or, yah, know, he would have buckled the Horde and taken them largely out of the fight as they at best lick their wounds; at worst fragment into pieces. But, I suppose its not like the Horde was allowed to help in the “not Alliance” expansion where the Alliance topples the Legion effectively on their own.

Still cannot believe that Blizz decided to make the Horde the aggressor in another stupid Faction Conflict. We aren’t even operating in the same genre of power fantasy as the friggen Alliance anymore; which is why the Blue Team had to get nerfed into the ground both literally and ideologically to even pull off this stupid storyline. They solo’d the friggen burning Legion for goodness sake!

They don’t, Lorna only think Sylvanas is up to something after they arrive in Skold-Ashil. I don’t know why it’s really hard to see Genn attacked Sylvanas for killing his son.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Shielded_Secrets_(Alliance)

11 Likes

Of course, hiding behind world threats is always what the horde does to never pay consequences for their actions, i have seen that already. time and time again.

make atrocity, wait until some big bad show up so the alliance don’t come for you, start another agression, kill innocents, repeat.

2 Likes

Because that would require them admitting that the Alliance has ever done anything wrong, and that thought sends many blue posters into a spasm.

2 Likes

Take your own advice.

1. The lead up to stormheim explicitly begins with an admission they have no idea what Sylvanas is up to.

2. The horde can get the same journal and keep it secret from the Alliance. So who is canon? Given #1, it seems the horde’s is more likely.

12 Likes

And being protected from any sort of nuance is the Alliance’s shield. Blizz is so damned afraid of making even the few gray acts you’re faction commits actually gray, they always bend over backwards to make the Blue Team right in the end. Thank god there will likely never be an Alliance Focused expansion like MoP and BtS were Horde … because the Alliance playerbase would explode into a frenzy. There is no shades of anything on that blindingly white faction.

The Alliance is so much locked into the peerless protagonist role in Warcraft that they can’t even be an antagonist to the Horde in a Faction Conflict story; because that would make them “antagonistic” … and that’s not what paragons of virtue are supposed to be. BtS is simultaneously a “Horde Expansion” that was clearly not written for the Horde Faction’s or Player’s benefit. Honestly, I genuinely wished the Alliance would get the treatment we just got…

6 Likes