Shadowlands Feral Concerns and Problems

My exact words.

That’s not an insult.

He’s notorious for making excuses for why he can’t complete a certain aspect of the game. Be it mage tower, horrific visions or mythic dungeons.

He was unemployed
He was depressed.
He has no friends to play with.
He was focused on leveling alts.

(I’m not poking fun here. These are his words)

The truth of the matter is, he puts little effort into this game, into this class, and then comes into this forum complaining, asking for change, and talking about things he knows nothing about.

Mob hit point scaling with key lvl isn’t some well kept secret only privy to those fortunate enough to clear high keys. Like… the entire system revolves around this one mechanic. It even tell you exactly how much in game.

Damage and hp scale with keys.
More news at 11.

Your words. Not mine.
Perhaps this is how you view him?

1 Like

It is when I said I didn’t complete a certain aspect of a game for those reasons as opposed to your projection of can’t. If you will not tell the difference between didn’t and can’t, then you’re really a person seeking the upper limits of the asinine.

I made a report, that’s not making excuses. You taking that report as making excuses while ignoring what I’ve said is what is projection and insulting.

And no, as I’ve pointed out earlier, Achievements do not tell you everything as it doesn’t track progress in an Achievement. All it does provide is information on a lack of accomplishments, not what other things I’ve done.

And all this to try to rudely dismiss another person’s opinion as any elitist does instead of calmly and intelligently understand the perspective.

How did I term it? A rhetorical question. It is marked with a question mark at the end. You do know what a rhetorical question is, correct? You do know what a question mark is, correct?

The initial sentence of your answer was sufficient. The addition of trying to disparage me after that sentence is in the attempt at elitist asininary.

Irrelevant.

Can’t/didn’t.
It does not matter.
The outcome is the same.
You haven’t completed any content, for whatever reason that may be. Hence my original comment. “There’s more to this game” that you simply do not understand through lack of experience. That’s not me trying to bash you. Its the truth. Youre talking about making changes to a class that you quite clearly do not play at any meaningful level. You do not understand basic game mechanics and how they affect your class and/or talents choices.

Wrong.

There are plenty of achievements that track your progress, regardless of whether it’s completed or not.

This one for examle, tracks the currency obtained from running assaults and visions. With that information, one is able to track your Titan panel progress through the use of basic math. So even though you never got this one. We know exactly how far off you are from ever getting it.

Like i said.
Its all public knowledge.
Youre not fooling anyone but yourself.

You say you dont want to run high keys because youre not comfortable doing so outside of your social circle of friends? Thats fine. Im not here to judge. dungeon finder is certainly plagued with horrible experiences. I get it, all too well.

So why not visions? Arguably much much easier than clearing a 15+, and its solo content. You have a weekly chance of getting up to 8 pieces of gear each week ranging from 420 up to 470.

It just doesn’t add up, all these lies you’re telling.

Rhetorical you say?

“A rhetorical question is a question that’s asked merely for effect with no answer expected.”

ok…? see above

1 Like

sigh That’s not how I view him, that was an example of an implied, not outright stated, insult your word choice makes people believe you feel towards them, even if you don’t. Which I thought you would understand.

Also, there’s nothing wrong with wanting multiple viable play styles for feral. There’s nothing wrong with wanting to have a great jungle cat use big bites for main damage, and nothing wrong with wanting the the bleeds to do the most.

I do wish that we got more oomph from playing perfectly, or near perfectly. If we juggle a bunch of spinning plates really well, we should be rewarded for that, which I feel we kinda aren’t. I also really wish we had more group utility to bring to places. Everyone always goes on about how druids have great utility, but they are always talking about resto or boomkin, not feral.

1 Like

For sure like new ideas to brainstorm out and its not a bad one given it could be tuned inline to not be OP.

Faerie fire? Or is this something different? I thought it was used to keep folks from re stealthing? Been gone so long I can’t even recall what it did now lol.

Yea boomy can do it , but Feral would get to do it with out a talent :slight_smile: Since they got Typhoon we get Trents idk its really nice to have on some M+ weeks and I’d like to get Feral to be wanted in that setting.

That I’m not sure, A crit % for the whole raid/group would be quite nice, but is it enough sadly I doubt it. Often its broken dps and or immunities that win that for who to bring in terms of DPS for cutting edge stuff.

I call it Feral Fire since it was a Talent to activate Faerie Fire inside of Feral forms (Guardian didn’t exist as a spec originally).

Faerie Fire did prevent Stealth, but it was more importantly and more often used to reduce Armor of the target, and thus increase the physical damage dealt. One was more likely to be running across non-Stealthing targets most of the time, with the most common being other players in PvP instances.

Relevant due to the nature of your comments. I made a report, not made excuses. YOU, and you alone, took it to be making excuses.

By saying, “can’t”, I would be making excuses. By saying, “didn’t”, I am reporting on the details of the occasion in question. Do you understand the concept of providing a report versus making excuses? And yes, it is the “making excuses” accusation being the insult.

And while I am willing to admit I haven’t experienced certain content, in fact, I full on HAVE as you have pointed out, you seem hell bent on debasing others because of that lack of experience.

I wouldn’t classify the experience of the highest keys where few regularly go as “basic” game mechainics. That’s high end play.

Then what is my progress for my account? Why can’t you just address it? You just make assumptions by using one Achievement to measure another? No, you’d just rather insult to shut someone’s voice.

Then quit accusing me of making excuses.

You accuse of malice when you yourself are making statements out of malice.

Yes, I did. Now, did it require a demeaning response where just basic information clarifying would suffice, or do you have a deep seated need to just insult others who disagree with you?

Oh wait, that was rhetorical, too.

True, or abilities which address specific mechanics, like the Monks teleporting with their spirits. That’s why I thought of the Grove spell which would address numerous different types of mechanics, and can even be altered based on the fight.

Crit increase is great in general, but it tends to be simple and relatively boring. While that is good, that is not always needed because of an encounter’s mechanics, such as Skorpyron reducing damage general for most of the fight, or it’s just “dodge the boss’ crap while it’s invulnerable”.

2 Likes

Can’t.
Not “didnt”.

CAN’T.

List of excuses:

I had bad luck with the knock backs

a serious altoholic problem wanting to complete all the classes’ order halls, and I just didn’t have the time

I was having episodes of depression because of a lack of employment during the same time

2 Likes

And you’re lying. “Can’t” is not said anywhere in there. Still classifies as “didn’t”. I was not whining. I was not making excuses. I was reporting on what happened. Any whining, complaining, or making excuses is 100% inserted by you, which means since I did not say it, that would probably be a projection made by you.

But I guess that’s because you have this inherent need to denigrate those who disagree with you or offer an alternative opinion.

So what’s my account’s progress to that Achievement you love so much, again?

No. I have a hard time taking anyone seriously who talks about a class they struggle to play correctly on relatively easy content.
I dont value your input.

Case in point.

Comments like this:

Have you forgotten that heals are a thing? They too take value from Lotp. Especially during "dodge the boss crap while it’s invulnerable”.

The hp/damage Scaling begins at 2+

Is that your definition of a “high end play”?

1 Like

Not taking seriously is one thing, but out-right denigration is another. Plus you seem to do that to people who have advanced faster than you, so I don’t feel so special in that regard. You just denigrate to shut people up. Learn some civility, and quit lying.

It would be nice, but there is no guarantee it would be set up to affect heals. That’s happened before, you know.

You made the claim of 15+ keys is where Rip wouldn’t be able to make a full run on trash that’s at 20% health, not 2+. Don’t be shifting the goal posts now.

But it is the lower end of high end play, yes.

The basic mechanic of mobs hp scaling begins at the very first key. This means that even a novice player should be very much aware of this Basic Mechanic.

It tells you exactly how much % when you put the key in. As the key increases, so does the hp. It’s not a secret.

My original point remains. At at higher heys, mob hit points become high enough that maintaining rip at less than 20% becomes necessary.

Are you caught up now?
Two completely different points
No goal post shifting.
Just a whole lot of hand holding.

Yes. Absolutely. Even mythic raiders are wrong sometimes. The majority of them are just doing what guides tell them to do. They lack any independent thought of their own.

Is that what we’re doing now? Asking for dated, lesser versions of past abilities? You want to take the class back to wlk? Why stop there. Let’s go back even further to vanila and settle for 3% crit while we’re at it! That will surely made feral great again!!!

No thank dude.

I want 5% raid wide for everyone. Just as it was for the 6 years before it was removed.

1 Like

Gotcha, yea been so long since i’ve used it I forgot all about it. I recall it was baseline and then a talent now that you say that or I’m just loosing my mind a bit.

Would make us more fun in pvp for sure but so would getting our predatory swiftness usable on cyclone and our battle rez again < PVE

And I agree LoTP while great isn’t as exciting as other things we have discussed on the forum as a whole. Its a band aid if you will and while I’ll take it sure, I’d like the devs to bring more to the table in terms of

WhY bRiNg a fErAl?

If there are two different points, and you’re using them as an argument on the same point, then how is that not goal post shifting?

And while increased health is a thing, you specifically pointed out that it was the 15+ key point that it becomes so much that it takes multiple applications of Rip to kill them past 20% health.

You really can’t help but ignore your own statements when you try to insult people, can you?

Getting things wrong does not mean you get to insult, demean, or denigrate. No, your purpose is to try to get that dig in. You don’t care as much about being right as the wanting to belittle everyone else.

Who said we were asking for that? I am merely pointing out that Blizzard has often not applied something in a way that would be globally effective. If you are so knowledgeable about this game as you pretend to be, you would know that, especially with a lot of abilities being back-tracked with Shadowlands.

Faerie Fire could be used in humanoid form, baseline, but to use in in cat or bear form required a Talent in Vanilla/Classic. It may have changed with subsequent expansions, but since I haven’t played any of them recently, I can’t remember if the Feral form was made baseline before Faerie Fire was dropped completely. I want to say it was because I remember using it, but I could have been applying the Talent, too.

To be fair, there are a LOT of DPS specs out there, and with people so focused on what the First Guilds are doing, they often ignore what others can do that THEY would be better able to work with. I can’t run a Fire Mage as well as I can an Arcane Mage, for example, and I absolutely hate the Shadow Priest fighting style.

I dont remember if it was talent or not tbh been too long, but i remember as feral having to keep faire fire up, also barksin tank and heart of wild buff group.

They aren’t the same argument.

1. Rips often needs to be refreshed in high keys on trash < 20%
  1. Health scales with each key, beginning with the lowest. You don’t have to run high keys to figure that out.

Is that clear enough for you ,or do I have to break out the crayons?

Agree there is a lot of focus on cutting edge and what the normal player base can do. Sure we all look up to see what is “best” but in truth all classes can clear all content.

That said there is always a meta always a better way to do something and I’d like Feral to be in those conversations like we need to bring a Feral cause it does xxx nobody else can or can as easy. Like a shaman can use its windrush but its a talent, feral and bears and now all :frowning: can roar here.

Also yea been too long for me to recall what Faire fire was and wasn’t when it comes to talents and human forms. Between that and insect swam I think they could make a come back with this great unpruning . . .

1 Like

LotP and FF should return and be baseline for ferals. Most people agree on this. That’s not really enough though. Ferals need sometbing that stands out.

From my experience with dungeon finder, I’m no longer seeing a demand for specific classes. Rather, there’s a demand for specific spells. Most notably, Lust and battle res.

Obviously ferals can bring battle res, but we’re competing not only with our other specs, but other classes as well. We need something unique. This got me thinking about past spells such as a DK’s hysteria, and the older version of a warlocks Dark Intent.

We need a dps cooldown we can cast on others and/or the whole party. Keeping with the theme of roars, we could have a spell similar to a hunters incite the pack.
Buffing the party with Vers… or whatever really.

Maybe if LotP was turned from an aura into a lust style buff, granting a large crit/heal/mana buff.

4 Likes

Then why did you bring up 2+ keys then? Yes, the raising of health is one of the core mechanics of Mythic dungeons, but the extent it is allowed to reach is not basic at that point.

The only obvious thing at this point is that you love to insult people, no matter what. You have adequately demonstrated it repeatedly. Since your only purpose in posting is to actually insult people, maybe you should take some advice from the Prince of Pop and take a look at the man in the mirror. Especially when you are altering what I said in to what you wanted me to say.

My replies to you have been about the tone of their content, which I have stated quite a few times now, not the base correction itself, but your focus on insulting seems to take priority so you have repeatedly missed it.

Vanilla Classic currently has it as a Talent, so I know it was a Talent there for a good stretch. It’s just after that I’m not quite as sure. It’s not like I go to privates servers just to memorize talent trees.

Doing a little research, legacy-wow shows it as a Talent in Burning Crusade, but not in Wrath or Cataclysm. evowow does show Feral Fire as being a level 18 spell, so it probably switched when everyone was able to fly off to Northrend. Mmo-champion has it at 24 for Cataclysm. Faerie Fire seems to be still around while wandering with Anduin and the Spirit Animals of Pandaland. I don’t remember using it that much in Draenor, and I can only find the Swarm Talent in my research.

Yeah… it is.
Each key is a static amount.
Fortified is a static amount.
Tyrannical is a static amount.
There’s no guess work involved here.
It’s all public knowledge.
From wowhead:

Enemy Health/Damage Modifiers
Level Modifier %
2 +0%
3 +10%
4 +21%
5 +33%
6 +46%
7 +61%
8 +77%
9 +95%
10 +114%
11 +136%
12 +159%
13 +185%
14 +214%
15 +245%

Annnd another blue post about a covenant ability…plenty of time to talk about what Blizzard wants to talk about but radio silence on Feral and Guardian too I believe?

“Please continue writing us your feedback. We’d love to hear your thoughts on how the ability plays out”
Makes it sound like that’s all they want feedback on

4 Likes