Shadowlands Feral Concerns and Problems

Projecting?

Lol
You keep using that word. I don’t think it means what you think it means.

I’m as casual as they come.
I don’t consider clearing 16+ to be some level of elite status. (You clearly do)

It’s not hard, bro.
Neither are visions. You don’t need friends for that. Yet… here we are.

Tical is being Tical guys…

I agree with the changes to Sabertooth. The easiest option should never have been the strongest option in the first place. While I will admit that I enjoyed having a “bite and have rip last forever” button, it really did limit the rotation in single target and also rips damage like they said, since rip basically has to be balanced as a passive buff instead of a buff that you have to reapply skillfully.

2 Likes

I just hope Rip has been buffed enough to compensate for it occasionally falling off - which it will do on certain fights after this change goes into effect.

1 Like

This is my concern as well.

How so? If you have enough CP/energy for FB to refresh rip, than you also have enough CP/energy to apply rip without SbT.

Letting rip fall off is user error. Nothing to do with talents or fight mechanics.

2 Likes

Yeah its gonna suck not being able to use bite anymore, doing everything possible just to keep rip up.

2 Likes

You sound confused.

Sabertooth still exists. It still extends the duration of rip up to a max of 5 sec per bite. Depending on crit/cp generation and energy, It’s still quite Possible to maintain rip all fight. At the very least… you may have to reapply it once.

Projecting undesirable feelings or emotions onto someone else, rather than admitting to or dealing with the unwanted feelings.

Since you are completely ignoring everything I’m saying and using how you would feel in that situation, it is projection.

Apparently when you’ve presented information you were “making excuses”.

Well, you’re using it to act like you’re so superior to me, so yeah, you’re being elitist about it.

I had a thought, and this may require some tweaking.

What if Druids had a general spell, a “Grove of Cleansing” which would create an area for X seconds that pulsed every Y seconds and each pulse would cleanse friendlies in the area of certain affects. Affects would be based on Spec AND Affinity.

Restoration would cleanse Poison and Disease.
Balance would cleanse Magic and Curses.
Feral would cleanse Bleeds and Slows.
Guardian would cleanse physical debuffs (aka Sunder Armor, Disarm) and Roots.

So a Feral Druid with Restoration Affinity’s Grove would cleanse Bleeds, Slows, Poisons, and Disease.

It may need to be toned down or balanced by duration and pulses, but it presents a way for the class to be unique and interesting.

How I would feel if I couldnt clear a 0 mask vision?

I can honestly say I wouldn’t know. Since that situation has never happened to me. How can I project a feeling iv never experienced?

I’m using it to explain that mobs have higher hp in higher keys. A simple fact that I assumed everyone knew. Yet, here we are having to explain it to you.

1 Like

More like it’s happened so long ago, you simply can’t remember.

And I’m not talking about just Visions. Again, projecting.

And you could have just left it to the facts instead of adding your elitist projection to insult someone.

Unless you can demonstrate that 15+ keys are the regular experience of the vast majority of WoW players, then it is not something that everyone would regularly know. Which, a large proportion of player have never even tried Mythic, much less a keyed Mythic experience.

1 Like

…And yet here you are, giving your unwanted opinion about it.

1 Like

Still the same few babies here over-exaggerating how difficult it is to apply rip. You might have to reapply it at worst every 35~ seconds at the start of xpac and possibly almost every minute by the end. You same babies can opt for SOTF + MOC to get more bites in while also benefiting from a simplified rotation through these passive talents, and use rip even less frequently through such talents.

You traitors (only a few of you, fortunately) are so caught up with sabertooth you completely gloss over the fact that nerfed sabertooth resulted in a rip buff which means better aoe (primal wrath buff), better 2-3 target cleave/dotting (something we were historically strong at but lately weak due to bleeds being so weak). Yes I know one of you traitors even runs sabertooth on AOE fights, but this is a gain to Feral as a whole (single target, multi target, and aoe); you should be happy about this. This is exactly what I mean when I call you traitors, not just because some of you seemingly don’t even play Feral, but because you don’t care about the good of the spec, and can’t get your thoughts away from the thought of a justified sabertooth nerf that’s only been dominant for a couple of patches.

You should all stop crying until you try the new sabertooth and realise how easy it truly will be.

READ THIS NEXT PART IF ANYTHING: keep in mind the old rip you knew, before the sabertooth dominance in 8.1, was damaged based per combo point, meaning you had to have 5 combo points to rip. This is of course, is no longer the case, meaning if your rip is falling off you can throw out a 3 or 4 or whatever combo point rip now, which unlike in the past if you were energy starved trying to get up to 5 to get your rip back on, it might fall off. It will be easier than ever to keep high uptime on rip. If you played Feral in the past and found rip management difficult, then remember the rip damage change in 8.1 and know it won’t be the same as in the past (the past being you needed to have your 5 CP rip ready to use in the window it was about to fall off)

2 Likes

Like the idea but yea might be a bit too OP.

Feral sadly is often nerfed to kept in check by what Resto does and doesn’t do. So we need something that separates us from the other specs.

Like Feral does this an no other specs of Druid can do it kinda thing. Similar to how Feral and Guardians used to be the only ones that Roared, sadly Bears had a shorter CD version < why I’ll never know but it was theirs now shared across the whole class.

Leader of the pack often gets brought up as a Crit % bonus for party/raid members and while this is a easy fix, not sure its exactly what Feral needs.

As others have said Trents would be a welcome to Feral as M+ comes to mind, specially if they could get it baseline and not have to talent for it lol < dreaming>

You’re knowingly making a false statement. I didn’t give an opinion on it. I asked a question that was rhetorical based on my experience. You provided an answer, but added elitist-based insults based on your projection against my statements.

Don’t insult. Don’t lie. It’s bad karma. Keep it to the facts, and don’t go in to your assumptions about people’s lives.

Well, it was one of those, “Let’s brain storm big and bring it back later” presentations. It wouldn’t be that hard to pull it back to one option cleansed per Spec and Affinity, not to mention, duration and cooldown are balancing factors as well.

Since Blizzard is bringing back old skills why not Feral Fire? Being able to reduce the counter to your abilities (and every physical attacker in the group) would be useful, and make them really nasty for groups seeking anti-Stealth.

While it would be nice to have, it wouldn’t be doing anything that Balance couldn’t do, so we’re back to Stampeding Roar being mixed with Guardian.

Agreed. It would be rather nice, even if it was a top-seed Talent, but would it be enough to for Method and other First Guilds to say, “We really want at least one Feral for this for the next Raid”?

1 Like

Sabertooth being nerfed wouldn’t matter so much if Rip dropping off didn’t instantly make feral dps a dumpster fire. This is a nerf to complex mechanical fights.

That’s because the people who have stuck with Feral are more likely to be that kind of person. Many others have moved on for more enjoyable gameplay, so you’re left with the “Don’t touch me, filthy casual!” meme-people.

6 Likes

What assumptions? I’m quoting verbatim exactly what you’ve told us in past threads. The rest is public knowledge. Achievements tell us everything we need to know about you.
I have no need to lie, nor do I wish to insult you. The fact that you take offense to my calling a spade a spade is a reflection of how you feel about the matter. Not me.

That’s not a question. It’s a statement made out of ignorance and inexperience.

1 Like

How has there not been a single blue response to this thread? …

Blue responses tend to be the exception rather than the rule. It’s rare that they ever venture out of their specific feedback threads.

Tical, it’s not you calling a spade a spade, it’s you saying it’s a spade with a heavily implied “you blind, blithering baboon who is a waste of space.” Just call it a spade without the attitude, please.

Word choice is important, and the way you have been wording things adds the insult that they’re talking about.

And no, I’m not new to feral. I’ve played feral since Vanilla.

4 Likes