Shadowlands > Dragonflight

youre wrong op but thats fine

1 Like

I’m not really attacking those people for just having a positive opinion shadowlands but when someone says Shadowlands is better then Dragonflight as an objective fact, I want to question them if they remember Shadowlands for what it actually is.

I’m not saying that Dragonflight is nowhere near a perfect expansion, but Dragonflight is just better then Shadowlands in every step of the way except maybe the first DF M+ season.

1 Like

Ppl were frothing at the mouth over SL, so don’t you sit there and tell us how good it was.

1 Like

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

But seriously, no. The story of that expansion in particular was the most critical I have ever seen this community be towards Warcraft’s story. Even people who don’t pay attention to it bashed it.

I will give you this though.

1 Like

I hope you are right. The only novel idea they introduced this expansion was dragon-riding. It was fun the first couple months, but it, along with gear upgrade systems, are not enough to carry an expansion.

1 Like

Shadowlands was absolute garbage until the last patch and a half.

It was a literal job. Weekly and daily’s were mandatory to do because they kept nerfing legendaries. Then they included the waist belt which you absolutely needed bc the legenddairies and the tier sets were 10000% necessary bc they gave soo much power.

If you didn’t play 20 hours a week you could not play the game. There was no catch ups until the last 1 and half patches.

The covenents were actually really cool though and that’s literally the only good thing from shadowlands.

I played a lot bc i had to. But like most things in life. Quality over quantity. I don’t log on as much as shadowlands but i enjoy my time much more now

1 Like

Whole thing is so many people told blizzard we hate borrowed power and etc etc etc go back to basics blah blah blah. Well they did just that. I think they just need to come up with fun things to do that are just fun. That’s it they can be stupid just needs to be fun.

1 Like

Base Dragonflight and 10.1 are better than the whole Shadowlands expansion; and we have more patches to come. We must wait and see how DF goes, but for now is a good expansion and much much better than SL

1 Like

You also forgot about Conduit Energy! “meaningful choice”

And RIP druids who played all 4 specs.

2 Likes

Easy there Dracthyr, the “big bad” expansion can’t haunt you any more after you played it for a whopping 3 weeks.

2 Likes

General Discussion is wild man.

20ish months complaining about Choreghast (not unwarranted), about the Maw (definitely warranted, I mean, remember when you had to WALK in there every day to progress your legendaries?!), about wanting to freely swap covenants, then about the birds in Zereth Mortis, and now ‘it wasn’t so bad’.

Stop drinking the no-no juice.

1 Like

I disagree for the following reasons.

Shadowlands was doo doo and had zero WoW feel to it.

Shadowlands was extremely poorly written and also felt rushed. Afterlife in WOW sucks hardcore.

1 Like

Have you considered that General Discussion is not a single entity?

1 Like

I don’t agree, both shadowlands and dragonflight are pretty bottom tier even almost lol

I have to totally agree, I have only just come in mid expansion and already I am overloading with too much information this expansion has and yet it fails to even impress me. I believe this is the first time i have entered a new expansion and found not a single new feature, dungeon or event has even remotely impressed me or made me like this game at all. Here’s my take
1.) The professions went from being very simple to highly complex and is now a gold sucking grind to get ANYWHERE with the high tier crafting system and yet is still subject to RNG in terms of its difficulty
2. All the new dungeons feel rushed and chaotic, Far too many mechanics to consider and feels unnecessary, if I forced to do Mythic+ ill avoid doing keys in ANY of the new content and just stick to the past dungeons i know and do them in Mythic difficulty.
3. The Main Campaign doesnt feel like its that inspiring enough, at least in Shadowlands despite being linear was easy to get through once one a main and then skippable on alts. I have yet to even do the main campaign for DF and my mains are all lvl 70. Im not wasting precious lvl 70 time to do campaign quests for no reward.
4. Finally the last offender in this expansion has been the quality of life is just not there, at least Shadowlands offered skippable portions to fast track you to the end area, and sadly Z Caverns just feels like a worse version of Korthia right now.
Conclusion im not renewing my subscription and im not coming back until a new expansion is even remotely interesting. Bye all

2 Likes

i wish i could agree to anything you have said, but unfortunately for you… all the chore nonsense i had to deal with on that expansion scream in my head far louder for me to hear what you have to say.
Also, shadowlands last patch was a cosmetic disappointment, i hate that raid and the transmog you can get from there

1 Like

I liked Shadowlands for what I played but it’s not even close to being better than Dragonflight.

2 Likes

Lower expansion sales, lower view counts. More people are watching Xaryu do Barrens quests in classic hardcore than watching the “race to world first”.

The numbers do not lie. Dragonflight is failing to capture the silent majority’s interest, despite the armada of Youtubers declaring it the best expansion since Legion because they did away with conduit energy.

1 Like

Considering I unsubbed before 9.1…

Gee, I wonder if it has to do with so many absolutely hating SL they didn’t give DF a chance and are done with Wow.

PS - You don’t know the numbers outside of pre-sales, such as is DF maintaining more subs, seeing as subs haven’t been reported since WoD.

1 Like