Shadowlands > Dragonflight

The story and characters were intriguing; the Afterlives shorts were some of the best WoW storytelling they’ve ever done (especially the Bastion one)

The zones were beautiful and inspired. Revendreth alone has more character than all of the Dragonflight zones combined

Shadowlands attempted a lot of novel ideas, some of which were poorly executed yes, but it still made for an interesting expansion.

Covenants were a cool idea that should have been tied to cosmetics not power.

Torghast was something fresh and could have been extended to a mage-tower type activity. Requiring 2 runs per week to cap power was a mistake and burned people out.

The Maw was another interesting idea that they could have iterated on better. Players dropping stygia on death made for high-stakes pvp, something which WoW has never really had.

9.1/Korthia was the biggest flaw of the expansion, the zone/content did feel uninspired and it destroyed a lot of the hype that 9.0 worked to build.

I know many foam at the mouth when they hear “Shadowlands” but the expansion was so close to being the GOAT. Now they will stick to safe content like dragon races, battle pets, and cooking events

38 Likes

I wouldn’t call SL greatest of all time but to me it is better than dragonflop as far as keeping me playing. I played SL from start to finish not taking any breaks yet now I have canceled my sub due to no regular flying and the way they caved to those feeling “forced” with no self control with world quests. Dragonflop could’ve been better yet Blizzard still doesn’t care about all of the players still just a select few.

21 Likes

:yawning_face:

52 Likes

Shadowlands > Dragonflight

That’s like comparing STDs.

27 Likes

Let’s let DF play out as a whole before making a comparison shall we? Hard to compare 6 months of content to 2 years worth. If we’re being fair that is

21 Likes

Comparison remains the same even if just looking at 9.0 to 10.0

5 Likes

Nah, I like 10.0 better. No chores to do. Free to whatever I want without having to log in to keep up with people. Not to say I didn’t enjoy SL because I did (started late) but still.

I liked SL zones better, but I like the free spirit of DF

17 Likes

SL - 1/10
DF - 9/10

no comparison

54 Likes

What a new an exciting take! Especially from someone with an amazing post count, and a max level classic character!

13 Likes

Eh, dragonflight is certainly nothing special.
But there is some fun to be had here.
I cant say the same for shadowlands. That expansion did very little right.

4 Likes

13 Likes

No need to get so emotional my fellow wow enjoyers~! Please remain on topic and refrain from personal attacks

6 Likes

take me back to mop/wod/legion era world design and endgame. perfect blend of what made classic good and all the newer changes

9 Likes

I like both. But it is sacrilege to admit to liking Shadowlands.

I hated WoD and Legion enough to actually unsub.

3 Likes
19 Likes

You’re allowed to like what you want. But you are a minority, and expect to get dogged on for it, since it was almost universally hated

3 Likes

Of course! I never present it as an argument. Just that I like it as an unpopular opinion.

1 Like

Thw what???

7 Likes

actually this. What kept me playing was how easy it was to run weekly +15 with my friends. Even when they played totally wrong. Since DF you need to play with at least good players to get +20 vault done. Killed my mood and I will just quit after I got ksm every season in DF

4 Likes

The only good thing about Shadowlands was that it brought us this video from Captain Grim:

19 Likes