Shadowlands > Dragonflight

At this point of WoD we were about 2 months away from the selfie patch. So we were running those apexis dailies for the 1000th time, fun stuff eh?

Come on.

1 Like

Well i did not like shadowlands and love dragonflight so for me thats a no. Def do not agree.

3 Likes

I am humbled to be apart of this kind community with accomplished WoW veterans such as yourself. Pardon the slow response, this thread was temporarily closed due to reports

1 Like

What is it, OPPOSITE DAY!?

Lulz,
Kaag

1 Like

I was kind of ambivalent with Shadowlands in a world where people liked it or hated it (mostly hated it)

RPing was kind of a pain in the butt about it, but I did enjoy my time.

I did like Zereth Mortis, was such a different look and I kind of like that aesthetic of mystical robotic look in things like sci-fi and fantasy, it’s kind of a JRPG feel.

2 Likes

Only if it’s pre-mount Maw!

2 Likes

There was some tough parts of SL but I did enjoy it and eventually leveled 1 of every class and experimented with the covenants. The tough part was getting all those classes playable as I had to do so much to unlock all the covenants options for my alts and then wasting a ton on legendaries.

1 Like

Kinda off people prefer a worse game over a better game but you do you

1 Like

Ultimately both are bad in their own ways.

SL had a horrible story and a boring progression system.

DF has a stale story and a boring progression system.

This is why players are getting turned off.

1 Like

Funny how every expansion people say this. Rose tainted glasses much

The expaintions havent been anything bdtter then “fine” for ages. The peole still here know that or are hoping for the next expantion to be better (a heads up, it wont)

1 Like

everyone can like bad things, tho. We all had Exes

1 Like

Good troll, good troll.

1 Like

DF only rates a 9/10 because the last 2 failed expansions are fresh in mind. (BFA and SL decimated the WOW playerbase).

In the grand scheme of things I think DF is closer to a 6.5/7. With SL being a -5 and BFA a 1.

1 Like

The locations were far FAR better looking. Other than the jailer’s motivations feeling contrived as hell, I still preferred the plot.
Unless the plot is just laying the ground for something bigger (probably is) then so far, the story has been underwhelming in Dragonflight.

I came back to WoW pretty late into Shadowlands, so my only real grievance with the expansion was the unengaging talent trees.

2 Likes

opinions being what they are. lol.
DF is 9/10 for me regardless of BFA and SL being trash.
Its as good as classic thru Mists any day of the week.

1 Like

It always surprised me a bit of some of the complaints to shadowlands. Was it amazing? No…but let’s face it, the chances of that with modern WoW & blizzard feels next to impossible.

Still, I adored some of the zones. Bastion was just such a damn joy to gallop through. Beautiful scenery, meadows, tranquility. It really was WoW’s heaven.

The night fae groves were also beautiful (story was eh).

And finally…vampires. ‘Nough said.

2 Likes

“The current expansion is always the worst.” - Average GD Poster.

SL was garbage - DF, while not perfect, is so much better it’s not even close.

I would say my biggest gripe so far is how all the gold for solo-casual players almost completely “dried up” :desert::flushed::desert:

Gold-making was super easy in Shadowlands (by comparison)

1 Like

When even YOUR OWN POST is earmarked with the exceptions why everything sucked … the only thing more ridiculous than your post is the 20+ people that upvoted it.

Small indie companies get points for trying. They’re doing their best with what they gots.

AAA production companies DO NOT get points for trying. They have EVERY resource at their disposal and when they have utterly MODEST (and that’s being generous) ideas that are as poorly implemented as SL … you don’t get praise a year later.

You should only be reminded of how POORLY you performed.

Could’a, should’a, would’a. That’s the motto for FAILURE.

1 Like