Shadowlands Beta Forum: COVENANT SYSTEM DESIGN FLAWS DISCUSSION (2,4K upvotes)

Oh for the love of, no one is asking to change classes, stop with that stupidity. The only thing people are asking is that their characters are not locked like this, this has never been the case. Even Classic allowed you to change talents for a fee.

Then I’m happy for you, I’m sincerely glad that you enjoy your covenant pick. I would like the ability to swap my covenant based on scenario. This does not affect you in any way, as far as I can tell. If I’m wrong, please tell me how.

They aren’t talents and if you keep on saying crap like this, then expect pushback.

Straw man. :upside_down_face:

Some of you have never been bullied for being in debate club in high school and it really shows.

There is literally nothing wrong with sharing a post so more people see it and upvoting it if they agree with it.

They are as impactful as talents, they are not more than that, and yet you are trying to say they are comparable to classes.

Direct reply to this, so no.

In any case, this is why people don’t bother arguing about things with people who have already made up their minds about something without even experiencing them. Just a complete waste of time.

I have better things to do.

Nothing in there had any indication of turning one class into another. And that hasn’t been the way the game was played for the past 15 years.

Your straw man remains a straw man.

3 Likes

Every single person that has actually experimented with this hates it, or tells me they don’t care enough about it. You probably are the kind that just doesn’t cares. Oh right you are a mage, most of your abilities except Necrolord suck.

Thankfully the majority of beta testers seem to have a better grasp on this awful system than the GDiots we have to deal with. Hopefully Blizz will take their feedback to heart and fix/drop it.

All we needed for SL were functioning classes and some flavor with the far improved legendary system. No one asked for covenant abilities, soulbinds, and conduits!

3 Likes

I don’t see you trying to turn your strawman into an ad hominem.

And you seem like the light of the party. It shows.

Hey dude, we’re not talking about me here. We’re talking about swapping covenants.

You could of fooled me with your comment about YOURSELF.

Could’ve, short for could have. Sorry I made a joke, I’ll reflect on my actions and think harder about it in the future.

#PullTheRipcord

Biased competitive hogwash.

Incorrect.

You lose nothing for the system being freely swappable because you can just stick with your first choice.

The game, for you, would be the same either way.

2 Likes

Take it from someone with Beta access:

It’s as big a deal as people are making it out to be.

3 Likes

To be fair, most of those players had the preconceived notion before even getting into Beta.