Shadowlands 9.2.7 Update Notes—Now Live!

But if they fix the guild finder people might actually find guilds to help them instead of using their token booster chat channel

2 Likes

Well as I said in my post, and as Appie pointed out…

I always take my B-Day off from work, this year it just happens to fall on Tuesday.

2 Likes

Nah lets get bad instead!

I mean, as annoying as those things can be I’d rather see that than constant reminders that paying someone else to play the game for you is increasingly popular. At least those messages are being posted by actual players and not mule accounts getting kickbacks from boosting services for hawking for them.

3 Likes

This seems like a pretty good change but why stop at gear?

1 Like

Sadly, yes. They’re stackable so they are commodities. I think this might be the end of my goblin career. They’re not bought THAT much and after trying to set foot in the market on other servers I know there are a lot of bots in this market and players who tank the prices of a lot of glyphs to 10-20 gold. All these people are coming to my server now so to say and I’m not a no-lifer. I won’t have the time to babysit the AH all day to sell one glyph from time to time and fighting against all these people.
Selling glyphs has been quite peaceful and a nice way to earn some passive gold over the day on my realm, but that will certainly change now.

1 Like

Who are you to question almost 20 years of tradition?!

Good. No gold for anyone but the elite just like papa ion intended.

What happens to the people that continue to boost spam in trade?

THing is if it is gold sales then according to Blizzard’s own rules Trade Chat is the only place it is allowed to advertise gold carries . Well at least until the new boost channel goes live.

Also Gold carries have more to do with actual trading of goods and services the Thunder Fury or Alan [ insert cheevo ] or political trolling posts do .

In all honesty they should of made a new channel for all of that crap and left Trade for selling of goods and services (including gold carries)

Now trade is just going to be full on barrens chat 2.0

20 years of tradition :rofl:

Oh please ever since Cata when people started just sitting in major faction hubs spamming dungeons for leveling Trade has been more Barrens Chat then anything else.

You see any one trying to actually advertise any goods and service , they tend to get reported for spamming because it interferes with the normal trolling that goes on in Trade.

Let’s be honest the only things that get traded in Trade Chat are insults.

1 Like

Honestly, I probably wouldn’t mind carry ads if they weren’t usually the thing dominating chat. All the mules trying to crowd each other out pretty much ensures that carries are the only thing the channel can be used for. Even if other legitimate use is rare, it shouldn’t be struggling to compete.

But the ad mules won’t behave themselves, so here we are.

Awesome news! :+1:t4:

1 Like

A new chat channel for searching or advertisement of services like raiding, dungeons, or PvP activities has been added: Trade (Services).

Right. Yet another ghost channel nobody will use. Bad ideas drive this company now.

1 Like

what about pets? are pets commodities?

I can see them going either way since they don’t stack, but they are already account-bound.

honestly, maybe because i’m a casual, I look forward to both changes in this patch. Goblins are complaining about the AH but overall it seems like a healthy change.

The new Trade (services) channel is a great idea!

2 Likes

…and Chuck Norris will moderate

They missed a golden opportunity to name trade chat what it really is: Trade Trolling.

I wish they’d clearly say what is and isn’t a commodity. Consumables that stack are, weapons and armor aren’t, I think everyone agrees on.

But what about things like pets and mounts? No stack, not a commodity? Old recipes, no stack, not a commodity? What about the Thermal Anvil. Definitely a consumable, but it has charges instead of being a single use stacking item like potions or enchants. Will it be a commodity or no? So many questions.

1 Like

Why would they? They are adding a whole channel for you to go into to buy a carry. Now sell a token for gold, buy the carry, and there you go.

Joking of course, they should have put it on LFR, but this company likes to play dirty to try to force people in raiding to make the participation numbers go up. So I don’t think it will happen.

I am 12 and what is this