Shadow step should put you infront instead of behind

Why does it put you behind? other than class ‘fantasy’, it gives 0 advantage. you have to do a full turn around if you’re trying to get away from someone.

They could increase the range by 1 or 2 to make up for the lost distance.

You’re not really using Shadowstep to escape someone… you’re using it to get back behind someone escaping you so you can stab them in the back.

16 Likes

ugh… you can use shadow step on party team mates to get away.

1 Like

Because Rogue’s have a long, long history of doing it from behind…

You’re saying that being behind a target gives 0 advantage???

It’s primary use is not in getting away from someone, but to stick.
But yes, you can use on a party member. Do you really was to appear in front of them, facing the wrong way if they’re also running in the direction needed?

6 Likes

they wont be running away. it would be a healer standing still so u can step to them and pillar.

they have a long history? assup or?

only use it could have would be for ambush… but like

Or it could be used to juke a pve ability from a boss or mob.

So it could work both ways. Id like a gylph.
At this point though im not expecting anything from blizz

Because it’s working as intended!
But you also need to consider, attacks from behind do not get parried (players can dodge), or blocked! Which in turn, equals a slight dsp advantage.

If we consider Subtlety, or earlier versions of Rogue, there’s a significant advantage to bring behind your target with Backstab (and previously Ambush & Garrote).

Considering TBC version of the talent increased the damage of the next Ambush, Backstab or Garrote by 20%, implies the reasons why it has kept the targeted spawn point.

Just because you’re unable to understand intended use, doesn’t make it faulty.

Edit: as Zombie has mentioned, LoS implications are amazing!

3 Likes

It allows you to dodge all sorts of caster abilities especially greater pyroblast.

You must be new to the class to think otherwise.

Please go back to playing ret paladin.

12 Likes

i dont care how it was intended lmao. Things change. Its useless in most situations now.
Getting behind someone is literally just taking 2 steps after the shadow step which is almost impossible to react to.

Id much rather have a clean get away when trying to avoid dmg. Or at least have the option.

Then you’re complaining that you’re playing the class wrongly???

Because you’re unable to take advantage of this amazing tool?

You have that in vanish…

5 Likes

so your playing with 1200 rated mages that cant spin their mouse when they see you running towards them with a shadow step?

do they use their feet to play?

As opposed to appearing right Infront of a player…

4 Likes

when used on a friendly target. AND get extra distance.

majority of the time your shadow stepping someone who is already in CC or who is a healer. which knocks of 80% of all occasions where someone might not get the cast off bcs theyre slow

Do you want to pop right in front of an enemy player? Shadowstep works as intended. You’re only now changing your stance that the effect should only be changed for friendly players??? It’s it to hard for you to consider player placement, and spin as required?

:roll_eyes:

Hyperbole and BS #'s…

You will not receive any consideration on this topic as Shadowstep is working as intended.

What? Well looks like i have to…

5 Likes

Because it would be better if it was only friendlys.

Lol u are a 1300 player. U have no say on anything.

2000 dollars says you dont even have a shadowstep macro. Just the ability on ur bar. And you’re out here saying what is ‘intended’ and what isn’t. and telling me im exaggerating when i say you SHADOWSTEP people already in CC a majority of the time which is a cold hard fact if you’re playing competitive arena.

lol

Are you saying Shadowstep to only affect friendlies, or the effect of in front?

Fantastic that you’re now changing the argument after being called out…

Looking at your meta achievements, you have even less to say (in both PvP and PvE). But alas, you’re unable to understand concepts for Rogue, and will be considered a complete joke…

You’d lose that bet…

I honestly can’t tell if you’re serious or trolling. The level of stupid here hurts my head. For starters, you’re posting on your warrior, being face-to-face and bashing people in the head is a warrior thing, not a rogue thing. I think you have your classes wrong.

7 Likes

Regardless of the other uses of shadowstep it’s primary use is to close the gap between you and an enemy. It’s utility and usability on alias must remain secondary to that. Or it becomes less valuable as an offensive tool.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with using it defensively, but it cannot be it’s main purpose.

1 Like

Dude…

It is so much better putting you behind an enemy.

Los a cast last second.
Impossible for them to parry or dodge.
Step juking their mobility abilities.

There’s zero to gain to step in front of someone and have your back to them.

Next time you fight a rogue wait for evasion and step kidney them. You’ll truly appreciate it then.

5 Likes

Wonderful to see some good players calling out someone who just hasn’t understood the intended uses of the ability that has been this way for so many expansions :metal: