Severed Strands, the next great gatekeeper?

So here is my take:

They’re introducing this to make farms easier and more enjoyable to people.
I’d say they should add this to everyone, and make it like the Icecrown Citadel buff that if you want the “challenge” you can disable it.

But then again people would complain about how easy it was. I guess there is no easy way to make everyone happy, someone will always be unhappy.

2 Likes

Sigh. Blizzard just can’t help themselves with this kinda stuff. They think it is interesting and engaging but it ends up just creating frustration for the players and they just say forget it and walk away.

2 Likes

This shouldn’t even exist. It still locks out players.

3 Likes

Why weren’t you griping about the helmet enchants in Amirdrassil? It’s the same concept.

Really hitting the bad takes here today. The enchant was obtainable in two weeks of LFR, and then you had it. You couldn’t fall behind other helm enchants, you didn’t need to grind over and over to stop your helm getting diminished or keep pace with other people having a stronger enchantment. They weren’t comparable in the slightest other than that they were available in a raid.

3 Likes

People who play even semi-regularly will be bumped up against the cap continuously until it gets raised periodically. That’s just how Blizzard designs things.

People who log in for the first time 4 months into the expansion? Yeah, they’ll have some stuff they can do to improve. Maybe they’ll even learn the fights along the way.

If only more guilds worked this way.

They will have nothing that they can do to improve, they will be hard-capped because it is based on killing bosses, which have a weekly lockout. Giving them a damage nerf for that is a bad idea, flat out, and something like the ICC buff has been done before, in this game, and was better thought out.

4 Likes

That’s how all the successful Mythic guilds work.

Do you know how things like Crests work?

Honestly, it seems like you guys don’t even play this game.

Yes, I presume you don’t because crests are available outside of raids. They aren’t hard limited on how many you can earn in a week, only limited by the seasonal cap. Unlike what is presented in the article above, which says threads come from the raid, that has a weekly lockout.

3 Likes

Most people aren’t Mythic players and will never have a chance to be in one that works that well.

1 Like

Well, if people are tired of crappy raiding guilds, maybe they should aim higher - the quality seems to go up as the difficulty does. (I’m told that M+ is similar, the higher you go.)

Apart from Mythic, raids don’t have a weekly lockout. They have a weekly loot lockout.

this is awesome. more power for after expansion mog farming

Can’t loot the boss again, so while that semantic is technically true it still does absolutely nothing to deny the point that was made.

5 Likes

I dislike any approach to it. It’s bad from conception.

1 Like

Of course it does. There have been numerous examples of how you can get stuff from bosses you’ve looted already, in the past.

I’ll also be ASTONISHED if hitting the weekly cap requires even a single raid clear; it will certainly be well below that. Which means people will easily be able to make up ground.

And that’s not even taking account of the fact that there are multiple raid difficulties - and you’ll probably hit weekly cap without even having to clear one of them, let alone more than one.

You guys are freaking out over nothing, because this is General Discussion and that’s what people do, because they have to find A Daily Outrage to scream and stomp their feet about.

Sharing a concern and having a discussion about it, like everyone here has, is far from “a daily outrage to scream and stomp their feet.”

Would you rather the forums be filled with, “Yaaasss daddy Blizz! GIVE US THIS BUFF! ION YOU’RE KILLING IT BAE!” When really people are saying, “I prefer the ICC buff and these are the reasons why.” This is a forum, people have a discussion. Shocking, I know.

3 Likes

I would rather people, in their discussions, don’t completely ignore how Blizzard has been designing the game for years.