Servers down. Cheaters being punished

God’s wrath falls upon thee.

LOL something like that

I cheated on my fitness test in the military, Bliz finally catch me!?

1 Like

Probably not, but if you have exploited Magister’s Terrace lockout, you’re in for a trouble.

Let’s hope they do, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Define: exploited.

Using the game as is? They released the patch in this state. Until the issue a notice “this is an actionable offense” Bliz won’t do anything.

Everyone knows heroic dungeons have lockouts. Nobody was spamming H MGT yesterday without knowing what they were doing.

You new here?

7 Likes

think he means arena cheaters? or do blizz actually care about people running a dungeon

1 Like

No, U?

This is Blizzards practice and it’s probably even stated somewhere here on the forums. Feel free to dig it up.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:
(X) Doubt

I also want to say that this snarky, tongue-in-cheek, i-know-you-know-im-full-of-:poop:-but-you-cant-prove-it, insufferable smarmy :poop: is truly disgusting. No idea what gave your generation the idea that this is acceptable or smart but all it does is give away that you know what you’re doing is wrong, don’t care and you dare someone to call you on it.

3 Likes

That anger you carry isn’t healthy. Eat a Snickers maybe?

1 Like

Huh? They don’t have to warn you that an exploit is an exploit before they do something about it. That would explicitly reward the first people to exploit, who would get warned without punishment.

We already have another example IN THIS XPAC of people being banned for exploiting the bugged quest in Ogri’la.

Did that matter for Ogri’la flasks?

1 Like

License Limitations. Blizzard may suspend or revoke your license to use the Platform, or parts, components and/or single features thereof, if you violate, or assist others in violating, the license limitations set forth below. You agree that you will not, in whole or in part or under any circumstances, do the following:

Cheating: Create, use, offer, promote, advertise, make available and/or distribute the following or assist therein:

1. cheats; i.e. methods not expressly authorized by Blizzard (whether accomplished using hardware, software, a combination thereof, or otherwise), influencing and/or facilitating gameplay, including exploits of any in-game bugs, and thereby granting you and/or any other user an advantage over other players not using such methods;
3 Likes

“it’s not cheating or an exploit, it’s a clever use of game mechanics which Blizz tolerates and actually encourages” - WoW Classic / WoW Classic General Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

Here, read it from the horse’s mouth.

They are not going to band for something that is not a forced exploit. The player did not make the lockout go away. Bliz didn’t add the lockout.

The Lockout is a common knowledge for everyone. Heroics can only be run once a day.
People who did it, have done several chained runs.

That means: People got exalted yesterday, got all exalted rewards, including the JC recipes, got trinkets, etc.

That is clearly the violation of the ToS that I’ve simply linked here:

They will remove the rewards and issue suspension whenever it fits.

If they don’t sanction these exploiters, they will keep sending a message that there is no punishment and the only thing that can get you actually suspended is being mean to others in game.

3 Likes

Technically the second they said “a hotfix is coming” is your warning to stop exploiting…

Just saying.

8 Likes

The player didn’t make the flask quest bugged either. And yet… bans were handed out.

The line between “clever use of game mechanics” and “exploit” is wherever Blizzard decides it should be, and they can change their minds at any time, without warning players not to do something that is obviously not intended.

Also does anyone have any doubts that this guy was running H MGT on his main yesterday after this flaccid attempt at defending it? lol

2 Likes

Reality check hitting hard

1 Like
6 Likes

Nope, not this time.