Server Issues Convo With a GM

that was from the GM xD, I screen shot all of it

TLDR
OP: Hey GM can I get some help with my transfers?
GM: Nope theres nothing we can do sorry!
OP: How about now? Can you help me now?
GM2: Nope still cant help sorry!
OP: Hi I cant take no for an answer. Can you help me now?
GM3: Hah get wrekt. Nop.

2 Likes

they probably located in timbuktu

dude theres no way this is a real human responding to you, this is automated bot responses

Blizzard support staff are super useless, they always have been. My recent ticket got ‘resolved’ without them actually looking at my issue or doing anything

I was online for like 20 hours
 they responded the second I logged off. But thats typical

1 Like

If they make a one-time exception for you, you have to make a one-time exception for everyone with the same issue. It’s not the answer you’re looking for, just like many other people facing this same issue. The problem was that people wanted to play on the mega realm or when Classic started with the streamers.

The GM would be correct, the Dev team puts in restrictions due to management requests, and no GM will be able to override the code implemented for this change. Don’t shame the GM, I know it’s frustrating to get offline responses, but they just can’t make this change no matter how much they want. I’m betting they can’t even request this for themselves.

4 Likes

Not shaming, the GM told me to take it here. But also its a problem they need to fix, so coming here like the GM said is better then doing nothing.

The GM and devs are having us all “give our feedback in the forums”. Meanwhile, these forums are largely unmoderated (except for the automated functions), unread, and the wild wild west.

They basically told you to place your feedback survey into a trashcan labeled “suggestion box”

2 Likes

yep, but people still sometimes see the notes when throwing away trash

As soon as I read that title “Convo with a GM” I knew it had to be a lie. They don’t talk to us unless we’re in trouble, lol.

Like I said this is a convo that happen over 3 days lol

Cross-realm.

Literally all of this goes away overnight with cross-realm. You can play with your friends. You can find groups even if your server is low pop, which means no anxiety to play on a high / full pop server. There are absolutely no downsides other than “my community” (pro-tip: you can still have your community, like I’ve had the same crew of people for 12 years in Retail)

Just tell Blizzard we want Cross-Realm. It’s literally in Classic, just turned off. The UI was accessible via commands in Classic Beta, and people were able to invite cross-realm in TBCC pre-patch. All fully functional, just “No, you can’t play with that person because reasons.”

2 Likes

I will admit: the silver lining is there is mild entertainment in seeing this forum and community set itself on fire.

I agree here, a lot of people disagree and I think thats why they havent done it. very frustrating. Just make it so we can only play cross faction with Btag friends to make everyone else feel better at that point
 Kind of like how they have in retail for playing with the alliance. Besides group finder of course.

yeah, and at he end of the day this probably wont be read or even seen by blizz.

Blizzard, you guys want money, you guys invested in a product that used to be successful. Probably every quarterly report has some dude talking about this or that why you aren’t doing well
 Whoever you fools let devise retail and everything past Wrath of the Lich King was a fool that was killing a game that was actually made with love. If you want the money give back the respect and support the other more successful guys gave. Spend some of your yacht money on the product, and let this man go play with his friends dude.

People make mistakes, support used to actually help the players. You guys should know, you made tons of mistakes
 Cataclysm, Mists of Pandaria, Shadowlands, whatever other nonsense you guys tried to peddle with the World of Warcraft branding. Just give it up, Wrath of the Lich King is going to eat retail alive, invest in it a little dudes -.-

Plus, we all know you’re losing money
 Everyday you push another player away
 You guys are Re-launching the most popular MMO of all time, you should be growing, not losing subs dudes -.-

1 Like

Yeah. It’s crazy because the modern Group Finder (not Random Dungeon Finder), was actually developed and made MASSIVELY popular by players first, before Blizzard even thought of it. It was called oQueue, and it was a huge improvement over anything that’d been done in grouping before. Blizzard made a feature where a RealID friend could group with you regardless of server
 wonderful idea. Then the genius modders said: “What if we create a hub where you can make anyone your friend immediately based on the content you want to do?” And boom. It was so wildly successful that Blizz eventually stepped in.

So if anyone says that Blizzard ruined the game with cross-realm group browsing, just remember
 the players made it and loved it long before Blizzard touched any of that.

2 Likes

They’re making so much money with WoW tokens this is how they feel right now.

1 Like

Just so I understand, you are looking to move from Grobb to Whitemane, right?

Wherever Grobb has Free Character Migrations right now, take that. Once you are on the new server then you will be able to pay to transfer to Whitemane as long as Whitemane isn’t locked.

Last I checked the servers that were locked were Benediction, Grobbulus and Faerlina.

Edit: Including Eranikus thanks to the poster below me.

Here is the link to the limitations on free transfers: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/000032067

Specifically: " * You can use the paid transfer service anytime after a free transfer, as the free transfer does not apply a transfer cooldown"

That aside, the customer service you received is pretty poor. In general, it feels almost like we are responding with AI/Bots more than even someone at a contracted call center.

Second Edit: It appears that Whitemane is one of the servers on this list that is locked → Transfer Restrictions and Free Character Transfers Now Available -- Updated Nov. 22

I would push to escalate the issue. Unless this post gets visibility, you aren’t going to get anywhere with this. Not only that but I would post specifically to that forum post if possible. I guarantee you aren’t the only one impacted and like with most things, the squeeky wheel gets the grease.

The number of accounts associated with characters on a realm IS the issue, not the number of characters. If you have a character on Grobbulus, you can create as many as 49 other characters (or however many the cap is) right now and there is nothing stopping you.

I cant speak to the limitations here but it seems that the transfers work on a “is server open or closed” basis and just stops right there. Any detail or nuance that you provided to those reps was clearly lost.