Server Issues Convo With a GM

This is the full convo with a GM I had. they told me to take this here so I am. I would like to just add that even with server times so high I believe if we are paying for this game we should be able to play on any server we want with our friends… We shouldn’t be punished for something not in our control. I’m also not going to level a 1 to 70 in 1 week on a different realm with not gear and none of the unobtainable items I have on my main.
-also from what I have seen Whitemane has had a 0 qu timer everytime I have logged in at peek hours on the weekends. I find its ridiculous that its locked to people who already have characters on it since I would be playing on that server anyway and having my main over there wouldnt do anything but take away from the huge qu on Grobbulus to a server that doesnt have qu’s.

-anyway small rant done heres the convo.

ME

Okay, so last week my wife and I were going to transfer to Whitemane to be with our friends/guild. Well we had to wait until today cause we got paid today. well the realm was locked on tuesday, I already have a 56 on this realm and my guild./friends are waiting for us so we can do wrath together on our 70s. can you please make an acception for 1 character transfer from Grobbulus character name " " to Whitene? I would be playing on whitemane on dk anyway so it wouldnt take up space or add to Qu’s.

1 day ago

This ticket has been marked as Answered.

1 day ago

Klingoura

Hey there, " "! Klingoura here, I’ll be the GM handling your ticket today, thank you for waiting so patiently for me to reach you! I’m sorry to hear that, after you can afford to transfer your characters over to join some friends, the server is now locked so not accepting transfers. While I do understand that you have characters there already, the realm is locked as it cannot take any new players or characters. This is a restriction that has been placed by the Dev team directly, so not one that the GM team can bypass to force another character onto the Realm. So I hate being the bearer of bad news, but there’s no way for us, or anyone to move your character, or your wife’s over to Whitemane. We have a forum post here discussing the issues with classic realms right now, it may be worth a read as it covers the shutting down of realms, without notice, for transfers: [Classic] The unacceptable state of Classic servers - #7 by Aggrend-1483 This may not be the answer you were hoping for, but I’d still like to thank you for your patience and understanding in reading my reply. I tried to give you the best answer that I could here, and would like to wish you a pleasant weekend. Farewell.

1 day ago

ME

Im reopening this ticket not to be annoying, I would like to just understand better, so my wife and I can create characters on whitemane so its not as locked as you said. I might need to clarify better. I would like to go from Grobbulus to whitemane not the other way around. Im not sure if Whitemane is locked right now but my only other option is to quit and unsub at this point if I cant play with my friends right? I understand that if you give everyone the ability to transfer when asked the server will be over populated… Why cant I just play with my friends though on my main character? I came back for wrath and am super excited about it, but not if I cant play with my guild and friends who all transferred to whitemane when I took a break in TBC ( but stayed subbed ). Also can a Dev give me permission to move 1character " "-Grobbulus to whitemane? because that’s my main guy hes already ready and I’m willing to pay more then 25$ to make my warrior get over there. I don’t want to level a level 1 guy when I have put so much time into my main warrior already.

23 hours ago

GM

I just want to add one more thing incase i havent made a good enough case cause I am really trying here <3. I just got DC’ed I go back into grub its now a 3-4 hour wait… I go to whitemane and instantly get into the game… during peek hours and on a friday night. is there anyway to please let me transfer off of Grobbulus and onto whitemane so I can play with my friend for the wrath expasion?

14 hours ago

Yarisend

Hello " " :slight_smile: GM Yarisend here hunter extraordinaire spec’d into hunting down problems ! I hope you are doing well today :slight_smile: With the realms that are marked as full it blocks the character transfers so folks are not moving mains into there and not being able to play at all, The creation of characters only gets blocked if the realm population is out of control and is a last resort for us, As most folks that start on a full realm are moving will to make a new character elsewhere if they were a low level to start with. So sadly our answer still stands as we as GM’s can not bypass the restriction for you, If you wish to provide feedback on this the forums would be the best bet here really as the realms are being checked into atm. May the wind always be in your favour :slight_smile: I hope you can have a great day :slight_smile: And remember dance like no-ones watching just like my hunting partner Kirby! (> ^ ^ )> <(^^)> <( ^ ^ <) <(^^)> (> ^ ^ )> <(^^)> <( ^ ^ <)

14 hours ago

This ticket has been marked as Answered.

12 hours ago

ME

Well I guess my response to that is I’ll just have to unsubscribe. Like if I can’t play with my friends on my main guy that was transferred to grob cause Blaumex isn’t a thing anymore like that’s not really fun. My advice would be unlock the realms and allow people to play regardless of Qu times since I have to deal with them whether I play with my friends or not. Not really a good feeling for a game I pay to play.

12 hours ago

ME

And before you say well you can just make a new guy… I’ve put a lot of time into my main and I have a few unobtainable items I would never be able to have in a new guy I make. And that’s the guy I want to play wrath for, and the guy I have prepped for wrath. So over that’s an unfair thing to even say to anyone. If you played the game as a gamer you would understand that.

37 minutes ago
GM
Agecmor

Hello there " ", This is Game Master Agecmor. I just got the chance to read over the follow ups about some concerns with the current restrictions preventing transfers to certain Classic realms in WoW. We’re sad to hear that this is causing you to consider unsubscribing, but we also understand not only wanting to play alongside your friends with the progress you’ve put into your main character. As mentioned, for any feedback in regards to the current state of WoW or changes you’d like to see, please forward this over to the developers for consideration. https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/21518 If you ever need any assistance with your battle.net account in the future, we’ll be more than happy to offer what we can! Until then, take care, and best of luck on your adventures wherever they may take you. ( ̄^ ̄)ゞ

6 Likes

Conversation with a GM? Thats a myth for probably close to a decade

8 Likes

Stopped reading after GM said it’s implemented by dev team and nothing they can do.

3 Likes

yeah that annoyed me a lot lol…

well this took place over 4 days, they only responded when I went offline xD… Each GM talking is a new GM

anyone remember when blizzard used to actually care? they would give game time refunds if the servers were having issues.

and i dont wanna hear the whole “classic is free with your retail sub”. because we all know there are a ton of us that dont even touch retail.

11 Likes

That GM trolled you.

5 Likes

Yeah or thought I wouldn’t do it… Either way I’m annoyed enough with the fact that I cant do anything that I might as well bring it here. Maybe bring more attention to something that I think a lot of people are upset with.

2 Likes

I agree with you there.

Actually yeah, when wrath first released there were so many issues they gave us game time for the inconvenience. Now, psh, goodluck.

2 Likes

I can say that at least two of those GMs aren’t even english speakers. Look at that elementary level grammar.

It hurt to read some of those.

1 Like

Did you expect these lowly customer service reps to run up into the office like John Wick to uphold your honor?

4 Likes

Beg for free stuff. Get told no over and over.

Rant here like a 12 year old.

“Oh well if it isn’t the consequences of my own actions!”

2 Likes

The technology we just don’t have it guys. It’s the year 2022 and we just can’t do it.

So sorry to hear your business isn’t enough for us, also we don’t care blah blah blah. Typical response from any blizzard employee these days. Dumpster fire inc.

2 Likes

I didnt beg for anything free, I f you read I said I would even pay more then the $25 lol

1 Like

What the hell was all this?
Super cringe if that’s from the GM LOL.

6 Likes

of course they only message when offline. They don’t respond unless you’re offline. This is so they do not feel pressure to respond in the moment. By responding while you are offline they can come up with BS excuses more easily since they’ve had time to think about it.

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue but with different servers.
I had a simailair convo with a GM and decided to make a forum post as wel…

We need to be able to move characters from locked servers to lower pop servers (even if they’re locked).

2 Likes

Remember:

Its customer service with a smile

Now politely go f off somewhere while we count our sub money.

3 Likes