*Serious Topic* PvP Gearing in BFA & Shadowlands

It’s not that I need gear for my abilities, I need gear for other people’s sake. People get into groups far easier with good gear than without it.

I have people on my list that will invite me no matter what, but… just in case someone doesn’t know me.

Most groups have something like 440 ilvl requirement. Horde side anyway. Maybe Alliance is picky.

Groups that have 440 requirement level are groups that I stay away from. They’re not picking the best people. And their own gear is probably just 440 or around there.

Yea, doesn’t bother me. Still win more than lose, that’s all I care about.

yess i can see your 200 games played and still at 1500 at rbgs… and your telling me no struggles lmao… if you got that many games played and at 1500… sorry to say my dude but for me thats struggling.

Just want to put this out there, my spriest hit 120 at 4pm yesterday and at about midnight (with an hour break) I was at 428 ilvl.

On like the only day I could possible play that much.

Sure, got a lot of lucky drops, and thank sweet satan for being alliance for the lol 445 pvp gear. Plus Timewalking (drops 425s and quest gives 445).

Vale quest gives a 430 azerite piece.

Uldum gives 440 bracers for completing.

And I hit 120 with a 9 neck (leveled almost only in bgs from 111-119).

Opening heart of Azeroth quest (after the ten or so minutes it took to open Naz) immediately bumped it to 50. Now 61.

This coming from someone who did quite a bit of my own complaining about it feeling meh, but that’s in ~6-7 hours at 120.

No cloak yet either; but should have that tonight. Plus new aao, bg week, new world boss…

And if you wait to turn in you emissaries until you up your ilvl they will up too.

They were 315 when I first hit 120, and handing in both at the end was 430.

1 Like

How much of your gear came from timewalking?

Couple of pieces, maybe like… 5?

I got lucky for sure. Rng blessed me, and I do know that. I spent a while wearing 285 shoulders and an heirloom trinket until the end.

Heroics Drop 425 too.

Opening Naz gets you a 370 weapon and 370 azerite.

And I purposely wanted to hit 120 yesterday to hit Timewalking. I’ll acknowledge all that.

Could definitely take longer, but the gear drops and my ilvl shot up hysterically.

Within a few hours my spriest was more geared than this guy with several days played as well as my dk.

I’m actively pointing out how lucky I got on drops. Seriously, I do know that. And I am not a huge fan of rng even getting lucky with it.

Like getting a 430 azerite chest to replace a 370 and shoulders for 285 from my two emissaries is lucky as all hell.

The Adventure Guide says heroic dungeons drop 415 ilevel items. (And you need to be at a certain ilevel to queue for heroics, so you can’t do them as a fresh 120.)

Ahh. I didn’t run any so I just assumed.

My wq options at hitting 120 in sub 300 gear were above 400 gear pieces.

I do know that not every week is timewalking and not everyone will be as lucky.

There is a lot of just easy quest stuff handed out though (Naz opening, the Magni crap)

Thats great! But for PvP you will have to grind even more and get your item level to 455+ even 460 to actually have fun just because everyone you face is going to be hella geared.

1 Like

That’s not struggling. That is literally the rating I should be at.

Maybe for arenas. This isn’t true for rbgs. You see people of all ilvls.

Yesterday my alt rogue went from a fresh 120 to being 436ilvl, 69 neck, cloak with several ranks, and capped conq bar twice all within one day. No M+, no timewalking. If I bother to do low-mid M+ with that rogue I can easily be 450 within a couple days. The only thing that would be a grind at this point is essences, of which BiS/orange are not required.
Still had lots of fun rolling people in arenas. Imagine that.

1 Like

Imagine being fine with PvE gearing being miles above PvP gearing , both for efficiency and for ease of attaining.

If essences and corruption effects were disabled in PvP it would be much better. However, since they are active… :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Imagine thinking gearing is difficult.

Difficult, its NOT FUN OR ENGAGING - is the issue. Yet it is a barrier for entry. Thanks for playing - Why BFA is the worst pvp expansion to date.

1 Like

That’s a you issue. I’ve been having fun with rbgs every night

Nothing difficult about it.
And I had quite a bit of fun getting both of my PvP daggers - one from an arena post-match drop and the other from capping the conquest bar via a few BGs and spamming arenas.

Yes it’s pretty comical. Did an 11 with the guild yesterday. Got 3 460+ items in the one run and a 365 weapon today. Also got my conquest cap yesterday, got a couple 445s for my offspec? My chest dropped an RNG downgrade. Wooooo… One RNG drop while playing which was actually okay since I didn’t have any good trinkets.

So one night, roughly the same amount of time playing each (probably twice as long in PvP actually) and the gear drops are 4-1in favor of pve. The one PvP drop was a pretty low ilvl on top of that. Seems legit, thanks blizzard :crazy_face:

2 Likes