September: Unable to connect to WoW Companion App

Ever since DDOS attacks started I haven’t been able to log into my companion App, character list screen is shown but once I try to enter by selecting one of them it stays on Connecting and then I get kicked back to Login screen, I’ve tried Connecting to many different WiFi Networks as well as my mobile data, tried deleting data as well as reinstalling App, nothing is working, I’m from Ecuador, has anyone else got the same problem?

3 Likes

I’ve been having this same issue for the last week…and still no update. I don’t have a computer ATM so this is the only way to send out my troops on missions. Really annoying…

2 Likes

I’m having the same problem too. I hope they hurry up and fix this

2 Likes

Same. Multiple threads on this. This looks wide spread.

So, ever since the DDoS attack, myself and several others (started a new thread rather than revive old ones) have had issues connecting to the companion app. It’ll show connecting for a bit, go back to the login screen, then when you hit login it goes to character select, then connecting. Rinse and repeat. I’m currently running it on a Google Pixel 3 with Android 10.

7 Likes

Same. Unable to connect even after removing the app from memory and forcing a stop.

One Plus 6. Android 9.

1 Like

S10+ user here. Same issue as above.

Same issue here on S10

Same here since Sat or Sun I believe. I have a Samsung S7 Android 8.
I’ve cleared cache, data, un-installed, re-installed. It logs in and sees my character screen but then I get stuck in a login loop, pick a character and get sent back to login, pick another character and get sent back to login and so on.

Same here. S10+ user. Typically use the companion app daily.

Same, it says connecting, then i select the character, then it times out and goes back to main screen.

Galaxy Note 9

Same here on Android 7.0, Moto G4.

Same. I can log in, see my character list, but clicking a character leads to a loading screen and eventually sends me back to the log in.

Galaxy S8, Android 9.

Same, and there’s multiple threads on this. Linking the timeframe to the ddos attacks actually makes sense. I wonder if their defenses broke something.

2 Likes

S7 Edge here and same deal since yesterday. Did all of the above. Guessing it’s only the android version having issues post DDOS shenanigans

Same thing happening to me. My brother has an iphone10 and he can still get on by turning off wifi and just connecting through mobile data, but im stuck out of it completely.

One plus 7 pro. Android 9.

Cant Use the WoW Companion App!
Samsung Galaxy S9+ (updates are current)
Using my wifi at home

Last time i used the app was betore the first DDoS attacks on Saturday. It worked just fine. Yesterday i tried using the app and it asks me to log in, i tap to Log In, it loads, brings me to my list of characters to select. When i tap one, it goes back to loading and then shunts me back out to Log In. I havent had any issues before now. There’s no update for me either, nor for the app or my phone. My phone’s updates are all current.

This has been going on since Saturday Sept 7th for me.

Made my own post becauss more andmore people are having issues and i want to help make some noise! This app is super helpful for me on days when im not feeling well and cant log into game; i can still check on guildies and make aure they know their Co GM is present.

4 days and still no valid response from Blizzard. S8 user and same issue as everyone above me. On Rogers network in Canada but it also fails when im at work on a US vpn network.

same problem since ddos as all of you lovely people.

tried all of the things. :confused:
i’m using a cellphone. :yum:
also using the internet. :no_mouth:

methinks this is a good time to project some wishful thinking. maybe they’re taking this opportunity to put the mobile auction house back into our lives. kthx. :grin:
also, highly unlikely. :disappointed:

1 Like

This worked for me.

Login to the Battlenet app that just recently got an update, then switch over to your wow companion app and login.

2 Likes