September: Unable to connect to WoW Companion App

I can’t use my app either i tried reinstalling, restarting etc nothing works. Im using Samsung S8+

1 Like

I tried using the app today and I can’t log in. The app stays in “Connecting…” for about 30 seconds then goes to the “Login” and “Account selection” screen. I cleared the data and cache. When I log off and log in again I can select the character but the issue persist. Turned off my VPN and didn’t help.

I’m using Google Pixel 3 XL. I recently updated my OS to Android 10.
WoW Companion App version: 2.2.30870
According to the most recent reviews a lot of people are having this issue.

Hello All,

Thank you for the reports. We are actively investigating this issue and will post an update once we have more information.

4 Likes

Same problem. Also a Pixel (though different model). It was working straight along for awhile and then one day I just couldn’t log in any more. I thing the only abnormality between it functioning and it no longer functioning was that I tried to log in from my couch while my desktop account was at the character select screen.

After that. Just “connects” until you it asks you to log-in again.

This is still the pattern post NA maintenance. Looking forward to an update.

Automated support system with limited human administration.

Forums with seemingly zero human interaction. Except rare question posts with no follow-up or bland announcements.

Are there any employees left?

2 Likes

Good question. We’ve seen nothing yet today. Just boilerplate copypaste. Any updates there Bluetexters? Anything to let us know something is actually being done and looked at other than templated copypaste?

Same problem here. I have a Galaxy S9+ and cannot get into my missions. It sits at the loading screen for about 30 seconds and then goes back to Login. Regular game works fine and uninstalling/reinstalling the companion app does nothing.

Hi - I’ve been experiencing issues with the Battle net WoW Companion app for the past several days as well.

I removed the app from my iPhone, restart the phone and downloaded the app from iTunes but the issue is still occurring. This happens on both the mobile network and when connected to home WiFi. I have restarted the router at home just incase and this hasn’t fixed it (internet works perfectly tho!)

Did a search on the forums and found this open thread about this exact issue so thankfully it appears its not just happening to me.

When tapping the ‘Login’ button on the app, it tries to connect and then displays the following error:

‘Network Error. Unable to Connect. Please check that you have the latest version of the WoW Companion. You can check the WoW website for the latest realm status. If you are still experiencing issues, please check your internet connection.’

So the realms are fine according to the Blizzard Realm Status page and my internet is fine (wouldn’t be able to post this if it wasn’t so it appears the issue is on Blizzards end.

Not sure if the launch of Classic has anything to do with it but this has only been happening since the launch of Classic - maybe the app isn’t programmed to tell the difference?

iPhone XS Max
iOS 12.4.1

Please advise…

Update: Today the app seems to be working fine, the only difference is it has taken me right out and wanted me to sign in again. Did this, approved the connection from the Authenticator and now I am able to access my characters again. Not sure why this happened as when I reinstalled the app yesterday, it didn’t ask me to log in or give me the option to enter account info. Either way, happy Hahona!

Same issues on my Samsung s8+ tried uninstalling and reinstalling and restarting my phone

Galaxy s6 Android using Verizon 4G LTE. The issue occurs on both Wi-Fi and Cellular connection.

Is anything actually being done about this because all I see are pages and pages of people reporting their devices and nothing about solving the issue.

It still isnt working it hasnt since yesturday afternoon im on a android phone

1 Like

This is me too right now - I’m guessing it is either still being impacted by the DDOS or perhaps they had to disable something as part of that effort?

I’ve had this issue since yesterday in the mid afternoon. It worked fine at 1pm and at 2pm there was a connection issue. It will ask for my character selection, attempt to log in, then bring me to the log in screen again. Very upsetting.

2 Likes

Same here for several days now… connecting for a few minutes, then returns to login splash screen.

Uninstall / reinstall, wifi vs 4g, multiple devices - no change.

App ver: 2.2.30870
Device: Google pixel 3 / Google pixelbook
Carrier: Verizon

4 Likes

Having the same issue!
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Using my wifi at home

Last time i used the app was betore the first DDoS attacks on Saturday. It worked just fine. Yesterday i tried using the app and it asks me to log in, i tap to Log In, it loads, brings me to my list of characters to select. When i tap one, it goes back to loading and then shunts me back out to Log In. I havent had any issues before now. There’s no update for me either.

Galaxy S8, same issue as everyone else

1 Like

Yesterday i tried using the app and it asks me to log in, i tap to Log In, it loads, brings me to my list of characters to select. When i tap one, it goes back to loading and then shunts me back out to Log In. I havent had any issues before now. There’s no update for me to install.

1 Like

Your post looks oddly familiar…

Downloaded the app for the first time today. I am on a Moto z2 Play, Android, Verizon. Took my email/password, let me choose a character, then just goes into a loop.

Login screen, enter email/password, choose character, “Connecting…”, Login screen, enter email/password, choose character, “Connecting…”, Login screen…etc

1 Like