September: Unable to connect to WoW Companion App

Same here. Hasn’t worked all day. Endless loop of Login -> Character -> Connecting… -> Login.

2 Likes

Yep same issue here, the same loop everyone seems to be experiencing. Been occurring for a few days now.

Galaxy S10

I am also having the same issue as everyone else who posted the last few days. I use the app daily and this wasn’t an issue until yesterday. Galaxy S10+

3 Likes

been stuck at login screen > connecting back and forth past couple days

Why type it all again when you described it perfectly

1 Like

same here galaxy s7 edge

I’m very disappointed that we haven’t had a blue response yet. If you don’t care or don’t know how to fix this issue, please just tell us. It is super frustrating to not have any kind of response from the people we’re looking to in regard to a service we pay for and thoroughly enjoy for the most part. I’d just like some answer instead of reinstalling a non functional app.

1 Like

i am having the same issue with Motorola E2nd generation Android 6. It connects to character’s list and then keeps loading missions until disconecting. I tried to reset phone, reinstall app, etc

Same issue here. Started about 2 days ago.

This issue is fallout from Blizzard’s efforts to reject evil DDOS traffic. They’re using the network packet “time to live” value to fingerprint incoming packets and reject packets that aren’t from Windows. (The DDOS seems to be coming from “internet of things” appliances like webcams and “smart” light bulbs, and those run on Linux.)

Unfortunately, their methods also reject packets from their own mobile app, since Android and IOS both have default TTL times that cause their packets to be rejected.

I have a rooted Android advice, so I applied the fix action in this thread to my phone and it connects.

However, that workaround isn’t feasible unless you have a jailbroken and rooted device, an app that opens a shell console, and a basic comfort with using a shell command to meddle with low-level network config values. :exploding_head:

3 Likes

Lol
Also, still have the issue! I cant leave my guild its daily positivity message in the morning now because the app is broken!

Update!: Now it tells me unable to connect, tap anywhere to retry. When i do, loading, loading and then the little paragraph about unable to connect, i need to check for an update and check my internet connection! Is this… progress?!?

Update 2!: Right back to my original issue! Still cant get into the app.

Ditto. Same issue as everyone else is reporting!

Wow, on the third day of this crap and not a word.

1 Like

Yea i just tried it isnt working still? Wonder why were getting no response from a blue

1 Like

I am having the same problem as above. On phone and tablet both with andriod op.

I’m not sure this is the same issue exactly, but it’s pretty close to the problem I’m having on my moto Z2 force.

I am opening the app
It takes awhile, saying connecting,
Takes me to the login screen,
I hit login and get my character list,
I pick a character and try to connect,
(No cancel option ever)
After awhile I get put back on the login screen. Been like this for at least 3 days, probably more but didn’t try to log in for awhile.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled and power cycled.

1 Like

Same issue here. Samsung s9.
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, restarting, different connections, etc.
nothing gets it to connect

I’m also having this issue. Submitted ticket and was told they couldn’t help since I’d tried all the recommended tricks. I also get login > choose character > connecting > login.

One thing I haven’t seen anyone else mention though is that i only get this issue on my main character. I can actually log into my alts.

Running on Android. HTC p20.

1 Like

Having the same trouble since the 9/8 maintenance. None of the normal tricks work. I bet it has something to do with the DDOS fixes. But it won’t get fixed because that is how blizz treats the mobile app. Cant wait until that’s how we play WoW. Mobile access down for weeks after every patch, random character lockouts, constant disconnects.
For dieties sake, didn’t they ask us “Dont you have phones??”