Seperate Twinks in BGs

Because that’s a Wrath feature, for both being able to turn off exp and to have those who turn off exp to only face each other.

Wrath features belong in Wrath.

3 Likes

If they were going to let you turn XP off then they should have separated queues for those folks too. Either you have XP on with the normal crowd, or XP off with the cancerous twink crowd. One or the other.

4 Likes

most of the people Q’ing aren’t twinks… and I’ve decided to stop doing bgs altogether on my alts because it just isn’t fun. At least until AV weekend.

How many others think like me and just stopped Q’ing at all? I think BGs would be filling up just fine if they put twinks in their own BG’s because it would bring others back and encourage the majority of people in that bracket who are out there leveling, to hop into BG’s for more than just a slaughter.

That ship sailed long ago bro.

Level out of the bracket, simple.

One of the very few not-stupid decisions that was made (rescinded) thanks to the power of math.

[quote=“Invincìble-westfall, post:43, topic:1604193, full:true”]
Gunna say right now, never happening. Here’s a blue post for you.[/quote]

Blizzard goes back on decisions all the time. Like the entirety of classic wow for example.

I remember when they seperated BG by 10-14 and 15-19 (and so on)

Because let’s be real, if you’re going in at level 10, you’re pretty dead weight compared to everyone at 19.

79 warrior is fun but I am thinking of making up a souped out moonkin twink for the 69 bracket next

Just imagine casting starfall once in the middle of WSG. Even non twink moonkin deal a lot of damage but imagine how much damage a twink one can do!

I did the L69 thing back in the original WoTLK.

Hot Streak Fire Mage is so fun (total glass cannon spec if you just load up with of the Invoker Northrend greens)
SL/SL/SB Warlock was also fun (just need of the Sorcerer Northrend greens)

But I won’t be doing that again as my roster of L29s took too much time to build already, and I have way less time to play now than I did ~15 years ago.

The “invincible L70s in full Brutal in AV” is a thing this time round, tho

So is the one about spending days to get bis gear. You don’t need to spend days getting bis. You just need some gear that’s better than the 20 levels out of date gear you’re wearing.

Also instead of everyone panicking, trying to avoid the twink, and screaming omg it’s a twink! Try working as a team.

Coordinate some cc. Ya’all just throw your hands up and cry there’s nothing we can do…

Does the idea of fighting only other twinks make you not want to Twink anymore? When that happened on retail I gave it a try doing level 19 bgs and low level craziness is fun ill give you that. But the idea of one shotting everyone just sounds boring. I never played twinks before that patch because that play style doesn’t interest me.

Why are you guys fighting so hard to keep it, makes me raise an eyebrow. The only good thing about twinks in normal bgs is it makes for either a fast win or a fast lose depending who has more geared or just more twinks in general. If you guys like pvp so much, level to 80… fight people on your level, with relatively equal gear and probably a lot more experience than these questers who don’t even have boa.

Well that’s exactly what was proven when they did separate the queues originally. Twinks stopped queuing and their queue times sky rocketed, normal players were unaffected other than having a better BG experience.

Showing twinks had been lying the entire time about actually wanting to fight other twinks but really just wanted to one shot regular characters.

I don’t need to level a Warlock to 80 just to PVP as a Warlock.

1 Like

That’s my take on the whole thing as well, why blizz is catering to this very small albeit vocal minority is beyond me. Que times will be unaffected for the regular player, if not better since more will be encouraged to get some levels through pvp. Giving twinks their own bgs could only have a positive effect on the very vast majority of the player base.

Nope. Not at all.

Just another way to play. Sandbox and all that.

Well yes. I’d imagine it would be. Truth is if you’re getting one shotted you’re so far behind the gear curve or level of the bracket that you should be expecting it from toons who ran dungeons and are on the top level of the bracket anyways.

19 is the worst bracket for this. I’ve seen people in grey/white/greens get one shotted and scream about twinks. Dude had a blue weapon and your gear sucked. Yes. You got one shotted.

It’s the same arms race as max level. Some have just figured out an effective way to get the better gear in the bracket and are willing to invest the time/gold into it. Same as max level gearing.

Why are you guys fighting so hard to remove it? Take away the xp lock you’re still going to get wtf pwned by players willing to run dungeons to get the better gear. They will still que up at the top end of the bracket. People are going to still cry twink!

Twinking never died. No matter how many times the rules have changed its still going to this day. There’s an actual twink cup that’s been going since og wrath. The site is still active to this day.

Don’t forget that seeing those same players over and over again creates rivalries and friendships. Teaches people to work as a team to over come the odds. Makes people want to play better.
Let’s not forget how exciting it is to finally see that chump that killed you 50x over 20 bg’s to finally get pwned!!

Twinks bring so much more to bg’s than fast games.

A lot of twinks do pvp at max level too. Relatively equal gear? Dude at max level you still have under geared toons getting 1 shotted by full arena geared toons. Have you ever started gearing a fresh 80 for pvp late mid season?
The road to full pvp gear from quest greens is a bumpy ride indeed!
Lower bracket pvp is just as fun to twinks as it is to everyone else. Just because i ran some dungeons and you didn’t doesn’t mean i shouldn’t be able to que with the entire player pool.
Do fresh 80’s get their own bracket so they don’t have to have que with full geared pvp 80’s?

Let’s not pretend like there’s this huge influx of new people to the game who are complete noobs in 2023. If people don’t have BoAs right now it’s because they didn’t run the dungeons or make the wintergrasp pvp to get them.

If people are just starting now. This late in the game. When we’re almost to the end. They’re going to have to take their lumps or beg daddy blizz to sell them BoAs in the shop.

1 Like

Being in a mix of hodge podge gear is normal while leveling, obviously someone who has min maxxed with no intention of actually leveling out of the bracket will have a gear advantage.

Actually it’s completely different, at max level the game becomes about getting gear, so everyone is doing the same thing.

You’re still spreading this non sense. I proved this to be false to you over 3 years ago!

That’s why the twink cup is still going to this day right?

You know. Twinks fighting twinks. Only twinks. 15 years later…

Wow. So disingenuous. The queues were broken and twinks had to buy server transfers to get games to pop. “Normal” ques weren’t popping right either. Blizz took forever to fix it.
By the time they did fix a lot had given up because paying blizz to help fix the problem that blizz made wasn’t appealing to some.

It wasn’t long after that blizz combined the ques again because that was the only way to alleviate the declining playerbase problem causing queues to be high. That’s also when they did those stupid pvp templates. We all know what happens with that.

Like you’re doing right now. Let me ssy it again. The twink cup is still a thing to this day. Twinks fighting other twinks. Xpoffdotcom.

This guy on here lying for years. Even after he gets proven wrong. :laughing: :rofl: :joy:

1 Like

/shrug I was there when the xp off BG’s were added. They stopped popping because twinks stopped queuing when they had to fight other twinks.

Normal queues were popping fine and the people in them were happy. Twinks tried to keep gaming the system by being the xp on brackets but the effort of redoing things when they leveled out greatly reduced the issue.

That’s disingenuous. There was a lot more to twinks having no battlegrounds after the separation than “stopped queuing”. They were scattered across 13 battlegroups back when battlegroups only fought realms inside their battlegroup. They simply were not self-sustainable under those conditions so yes, twinks did not get battlegrounds in most brackets in most battlegroups, but not for the reasons you claim.

Low level battlegrounds are not over populated in classic Wrath. The player base is split with classic era and retail so it makes sense to keep them in the same queue.

3 Likes