Separate raid and M+ gear

That, or give higher ilvl rewards in m+ from higher content. If i’m doing 25’s why am I getting the same reward as a 15.

And no, I don’t want to raid.

3 Likes

The way they’ve already handled things with PvP is really nice, though. I get 298-301 gear which is good in PvE but not bis so I can easily cross over and engage in other forms of content while not being at a notable disadvantage.

But my PvP gear is also bis in my main content form, PvP

:face_with_spiral_eyes:

M+ gear gonna be massively nerfed?

Earlier on, perhaps; however, over long-term, Raiders have a long-term advantage because the last bosses drop the highest ILVL options and with the multi-tier ILVLs coming in DF, raid will have an even larger advantage over anyone doing M+.

Clickbait from Tettles based on clickbait from WoWhead. We don’t know enough yet tbh.

I am saying more in the context of this conversation. M+ is already the prime gearing option for the clear majority of the playerbase. Not many people are doing full mythic raid clears for CE to get the extra ilvls from raiding.

If we nerf raid gear for m+, that is going to make m+ gear even better than it is now. On top of the fact that you can get a full tier of m+ based gear over raid gear as it is. Its not uncommon for people to stop at heroic raiding (due to numbers or something), but still continue to get their full range of 15s for 304 loot.

So even if m+ loot is slacked in raid power, it will most likely still be the go-to option for the majority of gearing, even when diminished vs raid loot, for many people.

Nobody in this thread cares. More people play M+ so of course more people have M+ gear.

We are talking about “the top of the mountain”, as Ion Hazzikostas phrased it and that they are looking into. When you are at the top of the mountain, raid gear is better.

That includes updating the antiquated raid loot system right?

Not the sentiment I got from the OP. So yeah. I disagree.

And if its just about the “top of the mountain”. Then lets just make m+ gear harder to get, more on par with mythic raiding for that extra power.

Blizzard says they want to do this as well. Ion mentioned keys with lower clear rates then CE so this is something they are thinking about.

It’s right there in the first line.

OP is the top mythic+ DH in the world.

Pretty much the only one on the front page of raider.io keys that bothers with the cesspit that is the forums.

2 Likes

Ok?

I thought the forums hated making changes for the top .01%?

All players should be accommodated. :innocent: Making raid gear bis in raids, keystone gear bis in keys and pvp gear bis in pvp makes most people happy, I imagine, aside from the people who buy a weekly +15 to show off in LFR, which they’ll still be able to do.

Haha, yeah. It’s always interesting to see the type of individual these threads attract.

Akston working on his MJ impression with that back-walk.

Even the mage discord leans towards the staff and the rygelon combo. While directing towards the sims. Even if the difference is small.

We are talking about the current season. Where both of these trinkets get kicked rather fast.

Yes they do. Poxstorm couldnt compete even in the slightest with Sylvanas daggers in the OH. It could compete with Veinripper in the MH for AoE. And even if the weapon would be usable in the current season it would fall off behind both weapons based on sims.

Your opinion. PvP asked for removal of broken PvE items for an eternity. For a bloody good reason.

They are PvE yes. But they arent the same. And nobody is speaking about carrying 6 sets or not being able to use raiding gear in M+ or M+ gear in raids but that the bis for the specific content should come from it.

Except for all the people who say they don’t want to have to grind out so many separate sets of gear.

They generally aren’t doing content at a level that’d warrant multiple sets.

What does that even mean? Lol.

We know how this community works. If you turn up in the M+ group finder wearing raid gear when there’s an option to be wearing M+ gear instead, or vice versa, you’re gonna have a bad time 9/10 times. Which will mean it is not optional for anyone who wants to pug stuff beyond entry level. Which is a lot more people than zero.

It means that somebody only doing a +16 doesn’t need to build a separate set just for keys.