Separate raid and M+ gear

Can’t farm 'em if you can’t kill 'em. Can’t kill 'em if you don’t spend time on them.

Plus Sigil, Elegy, Anduin Rings, ton of good stuff on early bosses. Extending though is the best strategy to secure your kills after a certain point.

1 Like

First of all, nobody is forcing anyone to do anything. You’re doing what you do, by choice. You do not need to enter the raids if you don’t want too.

2 Likes

Youre right.

But somebody is going to get something from the first (and maybe final) kill. I think that’s enough incentive for a lot of people.

That’s not the incentive to stick around with a raid group for multiple weeks.

People do it for the achievement.

1 Like

Oh god, you’re really lucky with the crowd you have played with so far if you truly think so. I’ve seen all kinds of drama and all kinds of fights and all kinds of backstabbing break out over pixel loot, its insane. Most people just kill bosses for the gear from what I’ve seen and achievements. Infact, lots even farm m+ gear to get an edge just so they can flex their heroic raid achievements.

They do, though.

2 Likes

I believe you. Gear is a huge incentive for a lot of people and nobody on here can convince me otherwise.

If ilvl was capped at heroic, I guarantee you mythic raid participation would drop by at least 25-30 percent. I pulled those numbers out of my *** but I hope you get the point lmao

1 Like

I’ve seen behaviour like this, makes no sense to be honest. Achievements mean you just completed an achievement, doesn’t make you superior to others.

1 Like

Upping my 304 chest piece (Catalyst from a rando chest piece) to a 311 Tier piece gives me 100 DPS.

Now tell me what makes more sense : extending a lockout for maybe a slim chance at 100 extra dps, or going to farm 8 early bosses and upgrade other slots for the same 100 dps.

No one sticks around and extends for loot.

1 Like

Honestly, the answer isn’t to nerf any source of progression, but to buff raid progression. I seriously think raids should be spammable, after the first kill for the week, bosses should drop lower ilvl loot that can he upgraded the same as mythic+ gear. LFR would drop ilvl for starting at Mythic 0. Normal would drop ilvl at +5. Heroic would drop ilvl at +10. Mythic would drop item level at +15. And more loot drops per kill/raid size.

Why does raid gear bother mythic plus players so much?

Why does mythic plus loot bother raiders so much?

Just play the game…

Because if other people have X or do X, you’re also expected to have something similar if not better.

1 Like

Agreed, buff PvP loot to be bisin pve again.

3 Likes

You don’t get to say this given the IO gap between you and OP.

Kekw and also lol.

I mean, you don’t have to do anything in WoW. You don’t have to get your legendaries, you don’t need to level up, you could just stay in the starting zone. However, there’s a sort of implicit assumption that when you’re playing the game trying to have fun, you want to have success in whatever it is your attempting to do, and therefore, in order to have the most fun, you want to do the things to allow yourself the best chance to succeed.

Dumb argument, stop making it, this contributes nothing. This is a “nyeh, you criticized society yet you live in it”-tier argument

3 Likes

Good idea, make each piece of loot drop 10 ilvls in the other types of content. Then we dont have to listen about how m+ is killing raiding and we can move on to whatever other reason is killing raiding.

They do. Best trinkets come from Raids. Not to mention certain weapons that flat out obliterate any dungeon counterpart. And Raid Ilvl is 7 ilvl above Dungeon vault gear.

4 Likes

Expected by who? If it’s a guild, and you don’t want to raid so you can mythic plus, then you don’t jive with your guild and should find a new one. (FYI, my guild doesn’t make my mythic plus to raid and vice versa)

I pugged a lot in bfa and nobody every mentioned I was lacking BIS this or BIS that. My ilvl was either good or it wasn’t to get accepted. (Or my spec wasn’t meta or it was meta).

Isn’t it more about ‘that same spec is doing more damage than me because he has that raid trinket and I don’t have it because I hate raiding!’

They don’t though.

Except for the trinkets, item levels, weapons, etc. Keystone bis unfortunately includes a lot of raid gear.

Mplus has multiple trinkets and items that are bis.

The workshop staff is bis over rygelon dagger for me as an example.

Certain trinkets from mplus have been bis as well as things like poxstorm where the only weapon that was better for melee agility dps was painsmith fist weapon.

Bis comes from both.

The point that matters is people who do both have an advantage over people who only raid or only mplus. That’s not going to change.