Separate raid and M+ gear

True. But having to run through dungeons before you can raid has been in the game since day 1 yeah? Why is this an issue now?

who in the world likes 288 gear

Issue is, yes a player can follow the basic path of dungeons first before raiding but if they want to get higher gear, say before legion all you had for higher gear is you needed to raid 100%.

Now you have the choice. People will choose M+ for gearing over raids until next expac. Simple.

Story clears in normal/LFR will exist but people will push for gear only in M+ cause its easier, more plentiful for dopamine drops and you can do them in a timely fashion.

if we’re talking about basic players / casuals why are we talking about nerfing the gear that makes content viable for higher level players

288 mechagon rings with sockets would easily beat 304 base for specs that use them.

this just isn’t true. i’m sorry. there’s no chance in any universe where i take a mecha ring over anduin ring in any scenario.

btw dont bother arguing this i’ve simmed this exact scenario 100 times

For the specs that use them. Obviously this doesn’t include DK or Priest. Destro/demo lock, or fire mage

this is irrelevant, dh focus in keys is control. not damage.

if you think in any universe that i’m taking a 298 mecha ring even with 101 haste buff over a flat amount of secondary stats you have no idea what you’re talking about.

this is out of ur key range chief.

i would not be running mecha rings if i got 2x 304 rings from raid because of stam alone.

sims don’t lie, sorry.

M+ is good game design. It’s modernized. Raiding is not.

Even if raid drops were double or even tripled, I genuinely believe M+ would still be the more popular activity.

There is simply too much friction in raiding. They need to take a look at that first, before gear. I’m not kidding.

I agree. Just stating what’s been going on since M+ was first added.

1 Like

I mean - if you really want to look at the stats between who gets aotc and who gets ksm, it’ll show what’s more popular. I don’t even have to say it. Yall already know.

I think it’s intentional though, so nothings going to change. Unless we can earn badges that let us buy literally whatever we want at a reasonable pace, there will always be an imbalance.

Blizzard has told us multiple times they don’t want anything like that. :person_shrugging:t6:

I actually don’t know lol. My guess is KSM

m+ is literally the most consistent content we’ve had in decades - of course m+ is the most popular.

people just dont like raiding, and nerfing m+ loot doesn’t change that

it’s the same concept as nerfing bdk

if u nerf blood dk u can’t do higher than a 25ish, instead of bringing up the worst classes

buff blood dk.

1 Like

Yup I said the same thing when they nerfed destro and surv. People don’t understand that this makes the game way harder.

1 Like

Unless they actually push the content they’re talking about they’ll never understand why nerfing a class is better than buffing others. or vice versa.

Not a single person in this thread actually does content where bdk is op it’s literally the same concept

btw i’m not saying nerfing is better it was just an example obviously you buff the other tanks to makee them somewhat viable because you cannot do keys if they nerf bdk.

1 Like

Those boys doing 31s as prot pally and brewmaster are just inna different league than the rest of us plebs

yes but the thing is that those people do 31s are not a good example of what balance should be

even as someone who pushes 24s there’s no chance that we balance based off of the top like whatever%

if we did that, then we’d absolutely trash surv hunters because they did the world’s first 30 playing 3x surv

1 Like

Depends on mow much the spec likes haste. If your spec likes haste, and doesn’t have another special ring (say, fire mage), 298 mechagon set is about a 80 DPS over the raid bis options (311+304). Even without that sim of my alt mage, assuming the low value of 75% uptime on the mechagon rings, they give more stat on average (731.5) than the 311 and the 304 combined (695).

I’m not playing mecha rings if i got a better option. you can’t argue this with me. i’m a turbo nerd trust me.

you cannot sit here in good faith and tell me that mecha rings are better than xymox ring and regal.