Separate raid and M+ gear

Not fair to those that despise raiding and forces them todo stuff they dont want todo. Raiders should not have an advantage just because the word raid is in the instance doesn’t make them better

So that is ultimately what you’re complaining about… Raid gear is getting better in DF and you don’t want to have to raid… Even though raiders for the last two expansions had to run M+ to raid…

Interesting concept.

2 Likes

And on this note I’ll say I’m glad Ion Hazzikostas, at least in terms of what he says, disagrees that M+ players should fall behind, and that the best M+ players should “be able to climb to the top of the mountain”. Beyond that, I don’t really care what you think, I care what Blizzard thinks and they’re thinking is leaning in the direction I’m more happy with.

True but the reason threads like this exist is the nearly impossible task of balancing the two end game modes. I feel a cap solves the majority of the problems M+ runners have with Raid loot.

If you seggregate PvE gear, you also have to seggregate PvP gear. No more of that easy mode Arena gear in Battlegrounds. Go farm a Battleground set.

It’s not even remotely near impossible. They literally have never tried to reward high end Mythic+ gameplay.

Slap 304s in 20s and give people the change ot upgrade to 304 by reaching 2.4k IO, boom fixed.

It’s nearly impossible because one has no lockout, is cross server from the start and is miles easier to organize. You keep missing those facts.

Until Blizz makes big changes to Raiding and/or M+ it can’t happen and there’s no easy fix no matter what you think.

If Blizz adds lockouts to M+ it kills one of the benefits that Blizz touted when they introduced the format in Legion.
If Blizz removes lockouts from Raiding players will burn through the content too fast.
And the logistical differences are something that will never be fixed to really achieve balance.

Based on where they are with DF Blizz isn’t doing the kind of deep dive changes that need to happen.

Stop with the no lockout stuff. Everyone who’s farmed stupid Mechagon rings will spit on that argument a thousand times.

RNG is M+'s lockout.

Same as Normal/Heroic.

There is, I literally gave you the solution :

Not really true. 20% got KSM i can guarantee you 20% arent all raiders either. maybe 50/50 or 60/40 of that 20% that got KSM are actually raiders. So unless m+ population is more than 5:1 raiding raiders arent really doing m+ to gear

LOL one of the big differences is the lockouts. I guess you aren’t aware that RNG exists in Raiding as well but WITH lockouts.

This thread is about Mythic Raid gear not Normal/Heroic. I don’t think any key pushers are worried about Heroic Raiders pushing keys.

And I get that you’re being obtuse now but how is that a solution on its own without adding lockouts or fixing the server locked nature of Mythic Raiding?

The biggest difference is the RNG involved.

Yes, and Mythic raids are massively more rewarding than M+ ever could hope to be right now.

Because it literally fixes the issue.

You’re confusing S4 uncapped valor with the actual reward structure again.

Get KSH week 2, with 750 valor/week, you won’t have a full set of 304s before long into the season.

RNG which also exists for Raid drops but you only have one shot a week. That’s the issue with lockouts. How do you not see that?

Then why did you even mention Heroic and Normal in your previous response about cross server play? Do you even read what you type before hitting Reply?

BTW this meme about Mythic Raiding never takes into account the small number of players who are actually downing the Bosses with higher iLevel AND who are lucky with drops if they do.

It doesn’t solve the imbalance issue is why this thread exists in the first place. It just makes M+ more lucrative without solving any Raid issues.

That’s why I still feel caps on iLevel once you’re in M+ is the cleanest solve and the only players who may be angry about that are some Mythic Raiders who also push keys. Since that’s a tiny pool of players I’d argue it’s worth is for simplicity’s sake.

RNG which is much lesser for raid drops.

1 boss, 2-3 drops, vs 1 dungeon, 12+ drops.

Because that’s the level of rewards that current season UNCAPPED VALOR trumps.

It literally solves the balance issue.

LOL what? Are you high?

Mythic Raids have 3 drops per 20 players per Boss kill with a one week lockout. If we had 304 gear drop from the end of run chest for Mythic 20 keys that’s two drops for 5 players for every run and you can do it over and over again each week.

That’s why balance is impossible with the current design of both and why either one, the other or both need reworks.

How does it solve the issue of one has weekly lockouts and one doesn’t?
How does it solve the issue of cross realm play being unavailable for one at the start of the season?
How does it solve the huge logistical gap between the two?

S4 they have uncapped valor which is probably the biggest issue. Technically even a +20 is 288 gear which you can valor upgrad to 298

s3 we had capped valor so theoretically you could only upgrade 1 item / week and some not even to the full 298. Think like chest or main slots its 1000 to go from 288 to 298. Weapons good luck that is like 1k / level

Valor should still be there but capped though uncap it after 5-8 weeks or whatever it was in season 3 I was good with that design. You couldnt get full 272/298 as fast but least let people play and push up as much as they could those that liked m+ over raids

Are you ?

Look at the loot list for Junkyard, you get 1 chance at 1 of the items. If you win, your item can be one of 15.

Look at the loot list for TheSausage. 3 items. If you win, your item is 1 of 3.

4 drops. And from massively shrunk loot tables compared to M+.

Only because your mind is closed.

Not an issue.

Not an issue in Heroic/Normal. Mythic start of season you can’t really pug anyway.

It doesn’t need to.

Mythic+ gearing should be identical to PVP gearing

1 Like

LMAO who cares about Heroic and Normal? This thread is about Mythic Raid gear in M+ and Mythic doesn’t have cross realm until weeks into the Season.

And the logistical difference is something Blizz accounts for whether you like it or not.

It’s what you’ll be realistically pugging at the start of season. You missed the following statement :

Also, literally everyone complaining about M+ loot being too rewarding because of “no lockout” is basically a normal/heroic raiders. Mythic raiders don’t care.

What does that have to do with anything? This thread is about the iLevel disparity between the last few Mythic Raid drops and M+.

Who cares about PUGS? Mythic Raiders and even Heroic are usually in Raid Guilds and don’t pug.

You said “no cross realm at start of season”. Doesn’t matter, you’re not pugging Mythic.

People who seem to care Mythic isn’t cross realm at the start of season, ie, you.

You made the statement, I merely replied to it.